6 Years and still unbelievable: The "Alien" demo

Nickey

Hii! I'm sure most of you know the song "Alien". In 2013, right before Britney Jean was released, a demo of this song leaked...

I was pretty in shock when I heard the official version. It's not like it's a big deal because it doesn't sound very different from the demo, but...

Please have a listen to the demo and compare with the official one, especially around:

0:52: "But the stars IN THE sky..."

1:01: "And the light IN YOUR eyes..."

1:46: "HAD to get used..."

...and the infamous glitch at 2:14 but that's not the case :britney-eeeek:

It's literally pathetic how poor the vocal production was on this song. It's not about Myah here because it's Britney's vocals mostly. I mean listen to this "official" version, it's so glitchy, somebody used Autotune(Melodyne or sth) in a very bad way, like nowadays (and it's nothing new) there are some silly karaoke apps to get on a phone and it works better than autotune on Britney Jean! This sounds tragic. And probably somebody got paid for that...  A person who works at a recording studio.... Disgusting. Seriously, amateur singers on the internet do it better :idontunderstand:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickey said:

Hii! I'm sure most of you know the song "Alien". In 2013, right before Britney Jean was released, a demo of this song leaked...

I was pretty in shock when I heard the official version. It's not like it's a big deal because it doesn't sound very different from the demo, but...

Please have a listen to the demo and compare with the official one, especially around:

0:52: "But the stars IN THE sky..."

1:01: "And the light IN YOUR eyes..."

1:46: "HAD to get used..."

...and the infamous glitch at 2:14 but that's not the case :britney-eeeek:

It's literally pathetic how poor the vocal production was on this song. It's not about Myah here because it's Britney's vocals mostly. I mean listen to this "official" version, it's so glitchy, somebody used Autotune(Melodyne or sth) in a very bad way, like nowadays (and it's nothing new) there are some silly karaoke apps to get on a phone and it works better than autotune on Britney Jean! This sounds tragic. And probably somebody got paid for that...  A person who works at a recording studio.... Disgusting. Seriously, amateur singers on the internet do it better :idontunderstand:

If you check out protools session, there is vocal mix file without vocal editing (you can clearly hear what did Myahney and what did Britney) and file with vocals after vocals edit, that difference is BIG.

You can hear this vocal mess in Tik Tik Boom/Til It's Gone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bretyna Speransky said:

If you check out protools session, there is vocal mix file without vocal editing (you can clearly hear what did Myahney and what did Britney) and file with vocals after vocals edit, that difference is BIG.

You can hear this vocal mess in Tik Tik Boom/Til It's Gone. 

Just checked them out. Some are more edited, some are less. But I can hear vocal editing on every track, there is one file with her vocals pretty raw, though she sounds suspiciously off key there, like come on, she's not such a bad singer!  So that's one thing and another one... distorted sibilance which is soo typical for some vocal (pitch) editors I know pretty good. :britney-eeeek:

Weird. Like somebody tried to make her sound worse and I'm being serious, I have a pretty good ear as I work a lot with audio restoration and stuff.

5 hours ago, Nickey said:

Just checked them out. Some are more edited, some are less. But I can hear vocal editing on every track, there is one file with her vocals pretty raw, though she sounds suspiciously off key there, like come on, she's not such a bad singer!  So that's one thing and another one... distorted sibilance which is soo typical for some vocal (pitch) editors I know pretty good. :britney-eeeek:

Weird. Like somebody tried to make her sound worse and I'm being serious, I have a pretty good ear as I work a lot with audio restoration and stuff.

Question is - is Britney singing like Myah, or Myah is singing like Britney on BJ? :orangu:

Back when it leaked I made an edit that spliced the demo and the album version together. I still listen to it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09Kvhh5cSiuNHZSMmF6MmRXWlE/view?usp=drivesdk

I also made a "glitchless"album version. I was embarrassed because someone sent it to Unbrokeney and attempted to trade it and I was like :moorangu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HeadstrongWolf said:

Back when it leaked I made an edit that spliced the demo and the album version together. I still listen to it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09Kvhh5cSiuNHZSMmF6MmRXWlE/view?usp=drivesdk

I also made a "glitchless"album version. I was embarrassed because someone sent it to Unbrokeney and attempted to trade it and I was like :moorangu:

Sounds great! :xf9:

I made my own Britney Jean version:

bRLs5TY.png

The first track is a basically 2011 VMAs greatest hits remix with an original title which was my idea... :pieceofwhat:Please don't judge :watafail:

And some other tracks are... out...

And not coming back :idkha:

Oh, and HOT, BOM and Passenger are in acoustic remixed versions, a bit boring but no Myah.

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2019 at 2:14 PM, HeadstrongWolf said:

:queenie:

That fact I bought karaoke stems for 3$ and later sold for 100$ to some delusional fan, he realized it after transaction and after listened them in full length :selenerz:

He had a chance to cancel it after hear snippets

There was a fan made mix where they basically remixed all of the vocals and made them sound SO much better. They put it up in flac too. It was on my old harddrive but I lost it :crying1: someone should post it here if they have it. It was originally posted on exhell.

• Awesome 1