about Make Me video debacle

WillR

(I know this isn't important, just something to talk about as we all wait for this conversatorship to finally end hopefully)

I was just talking to my friend about the whole Make Me video debacle and she brought up a good point. Recently on insta, David said Britney didn't want the video released, but I don't think that's true. I very much doubt Britney had direct contact with David and told him she didn't want the video released. What probably happened was: Britney's team didn't want it released and they told David that Britney didn't want it released. That makes sense too because if Britney didn't like the concept or any of it, she wouldn't have filmed it or agreed to it. She even requested she be in a cage in the video! (David said this on ig) , so the whole "Britney didn't want it released" story doesn't check out. Sounds like a classic Team Britney lie/manipulation. Also, David said the version leaked recently wasn't his edit. I would love to see David's edit of the video :(

• Like 1

Nah. I 100% believe Britney was the one that didn't like the video and didn't want it released. She looked miserable during the shots we've got (except for the cage part, which is ALL she requested, go figure). She straight up called David an asshole on set. She could have easily liked the concept and idea yet not the final product and didn't want it released. Just like with work bitch when SHE cut scenes for being too sexy/provocative. I think she struggles finding the line between sexy/cute and raunchy. Britney has ALWAYS been the sexy/cute girl, and the "original" make me was a raunchy hot mess and doesn't reflect Britney at all, especially this stage of her life. She has children to think about, and how they'll feel or even be treated by their peers by her actions. It might not be his edit but he still filmed it and it was awful. SO glad that disaster was NOT the video. It was a straight up mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WillR said:

(I know this isn't important, just something to talk about as we all wait for this conversatorship to finally end hopefully)

I was just talking to my friend about the whole Make Me video debacle and she brought up a good point. Recently on insta, David said Britney didn't want the video released, but I don't think that's true. I very much doubt Britney had direct contact with David and told him she didn't want the video released. What probably happened was: Britney's team didn't want it released and they told David that Britney didn't want it released. That makes sense too because if Britney didn't like the concept or any of it, she wouldn't have filmed it or agreed to it. She even requested she be in a cage in the video! (David said this on ig) , so the whole "Britney didn't want it released" story doesn't check out. Sounds like a classic Team Britney lie/manipulation. Also, David said the version leaked recently wasn't his edit. I would love to see David's edit of the video :(

I guess she love(d) it (and probably she was that person who came with 'the movie' concept), but then she decided to not use this video for make too much controversy around her and realized that fact her children can find this video on youtube or give to them bad light in school from other children and their parents.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WillR said:

Honestly I'd only believe it if Britney herself said it, you can't believe anything her team say. Also tbh she wears outfits that are just as skimpy on stage so I don't think she had a problem with that

Who said anything about believing her team? You said yourself DAVID said Britney wasn't happy with the video. That is behavior she's displayed in the past, it's behavior she's straight up said in the past talking about HER choice to cut parts of work bitch. It's safe to assume SHE did not like his version of make me. The outfits were not the issue with what made make me a raunchy disaster. Part of it, yes, but that still doesn't mean Britney can't change her mind after seeing the footage and NOT want it released. 

That video was, is, and forever will be fucking awful. I could absolutely believe Britney didn't want it released. Her filming it doesn't prove she liked it - she wouldn't have known what the final product was without filming everything and seeing at least a rough edit. For all we know she may have been ok with various scenes and then once she saw the edit, changed her mind. It happens with movies and music videos all the time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

That video was, is, and forever will be fucking awful. I could absolutely believe Britney didn't want it released. Her filming it doesn't prove she liked it - she wouldn't have known what the final product was without filming everything and seeing at least a rough edit. For all we know she may have been ok with various scenes and then once she saw the edit, changed her mind. It happens with movies and music videos all the time.

whitney-houston-receipts-luxury-whitney-houston-on-drug-use-in-2002-interview-video-abc-news-of-whitney-houston-receipts.jpg.c5e484176c2310e6dbcdf1afaaae0467.jpg