Is there a particular sound you're hoping for for the next album?

Lascivious

So I am pretty much pop for life lmfao! I don't know why. But my taste is so pop. Like pop, pop, pop! I can't help it. I know that even though there's ALWAYS going to be a place for that super catchy pop hit (Sweet But Psycho), the general public is kind of bored of that with Britney and are expecting something different. I also feel like right now she has a better chance with something "a little bit more urban" (her words lol) compared to going the pop route. Most stuff on the radio kind of has this urban feel to it anyway. I mean, it's not 2009-2013 anymore. There has been a complete transformation in what is considered "hot" and what gets played on the radio in the last few years. Katy couldn't transition with the times and fell off the map (although Britney will always be different because she has such a strong core fanbase due to her impact on pop culture. Katy Perry? Not so much. She was just a generic radio friendly pop star who flopped miserably when the sound she put out was over and done with.) Britney has to evolve, grow and adjust! In-terms of vocals and production (minus Private Show where she sounds like a squealing chipmunk), Glory was definitely a step in the right direction! Although many people love it, for me it was kind of bland, a little outdated for the time it came out in and there was nothing really "special" about it that gave it that "Britney edge" like her past albums had (Blackout, ITZ, even Britney). And on Femme Fatale, they did something different with the lead single having that dubstep breakdown and the video being a reflection of her career.

I honestly think something super sexy with like an innuendo and "urban" sound would be sooooo perfect. Something like this for the first single. NO FEATURES.

• Like 1

I personally want tracks like Mood Ring or Invitation. Some fresh R&B with heavy synths, trip-hop vibe and sultry vocals. I also wouldn't be mad if she pulled a few experimental tracks like Coupure Électrique. Definitely some old school catchy pop bangers like If U Seek Amy or Womanizer. But please, no more tropical house. Whale sounds are way too 2015-16 and she had her fair share in Glory. And nothing too EDM either...

:hairtie:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, edurance said:

I personally want tracks like Mood Ring or Invitation. Some fresh R&B with heavy synths, trip-hop vibe and sultry vocals. I also wouldn't be mad if she pulled a few experimental tracks like Coupure Électrique. Definitely some old school catchy pop bangers like If U Seek Amy or Womanizer. But please, no more tropical house. Whale sounds are way too 2015-16 and she had her fair share in Glory. And nothing too EDM either...

:hairtie:

YAAAAS, all of this. I would LOVE an album full of experimental tracks like Coupuré.

But at the same time I am constantly craving a dance / EDM album among the same vibe as B in the Mix vol 1. I know it's never gonna happen though.

Given that we've gotten a sliiiiiight RNB sound on Glory I would LOVE some tracks sounding similar to Utada's This is the One album.

But knowing Britney's team they'd probably give us a pop-rnb like On & On :ashley:

My opinion probably isn't very popular but this is the perfect time for her to experiment with a new genre. She's done pretty much everything there is to do with pop so why not try something new? Personally I'd be so excited if she did a rock album at some point (but ofc it's not gonna be rock since my wishes don't tend to come true)

8 hours ago, sairaannopee99 said:

My opinion probably isn't very popular but this is the perfect time for her to experiment with a new genre. She's done pretty much everything there is to do with pop so why not try something new? Personally I'd be so excited if she did a rock album at some point (but ofc it's not gonna be rock since my wishes don't tend to come true)

She said something about it in 90s.

Britney already had her rock phase(s).

Rockstar. Rock Boy. You Oughta Know. ILRNR

She's currently in her country phase, with Chillin', somethin to talk about, and Just Like Me.

Ugh we stan an innovative genre-changing QUEEN :yasqueen:

She showed off her "HIP HOP IS KEWL!" phase, which she has every 7 years. Outrageous, Mood Ring, maybe BTI choreo from POM?

I'm ready for PC music Britney. Or Alt-Britney.

Could you imagine Sophie on a Britney track?

The same chick who produced Bitch I'm Madonna? 

:lessons:

Fuck that lowkey, I want Bjork and Lorde. And Tove Lo on the next album .:listenya:

• Like 2

I’m hoping for something like Madonna’s Confessions album. I’d love to hear her shine with a great dancy electro disco pop moment. Pop today needs that. Something kinda Kylie and some amazing visuals with good choreo would kill it. Britney and Gaga are the last ones to have really great live shows, that’s something else missing today. 

• Like 1

I'd be fine with R&B type vibes with pop. 

I love EDMney and danceney, but I'm over the tropical house sounds and the typical latin beats... the industry needs something new... so I'd be fine without EDM since we've had that for the past 3 albums. 

R&B seems to be what she's always said she's interested in, and she can make it poppy as well and still have good lyrical content.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JoshLee said:

I'd be fine with R&B type vibes with pop. 

I love EDMney and danceney, but I'm over the tropical house sounds and the typical latin beats... the industry needs something new... so I'd be fine without EDM since we've had that for the past 3 albums

tbh :orangu:

14 hours ago, JoshLee said:

R&B seems to be what she's always said she's interested in, and she can make it poppy as well and still have good lyrical content.

agreed :yes: