This for Domination

Dragneel

15 hours ago, heather said:

I agree with you completely! This is the stage presence and direction that is missing from current performances. The Britney era is by far my favorite era from her. DWAD was her best tour, hands down.

That was indeed an awesome era.

I think her team and even Britney herself are missing the direction that made her performances unique back then. It wasn't about Britney doing necessarily the same choreo as her dancers or outdancing them. The dancers' role was to compliment her performance and presence on stage.

After her comeback, they tried to hide the fact that Britney didn't dance as much and didn't have the same fire in her eyes, by having them do a much more difficult version of her choreo. After Britney started wanting to really dance on stage, they had Britney dance like a back up dancer and she couldn't perform her songs properly. In both cases, it looked as if they were building Britney's part around her back up dancers' choreo and as a result she was losing her presence on stage.

In my opinion, they should be doing the exact opposite. Create an amazing number for Britney and build the dancers' part around this to compliment Britney's performance. Afterall, they are back up dancers, not the main performers on stage...

Just my opinion...I would like to hear other people's thoughts on that!

• Like 2

Completely agree, DWAD was actually the first time I saw her in concert and it was fucking incredible, the concerts post-breakdown have been good but not wow. She needs to find that swag again as well as confidence, cuz it seems like she second-guesses herself. Also lose the fucking hooker heels, I think it’s obvious they slow her down.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dragneel said:

That was indeed an awesome era.

I think her team and even Britney herself are missing the direction that made her performances unique back then. It wasn't about Britney doing necessarily the same choreo as her dancers or outdancing them. The dancers' role was to compliment her performance and presence on stage.

After her comeback, they tried to hide the fact that Britney didn't dance as much and didn't have the same fire in her eyes, by having them do a much more difficult version of her choreo. After Britney started wanting to really dance on stage, they had Britney dance like a back up dancer and she couldn't perform her songs properly. In both cases, it looked as if they were building Britney's part around her back up dancers' choreo and as a result she was losing her presence on stage.

In my opinion, they should be doing the exact opposite. Create an amazing number for Britney and build the dancers' part around this to compliment Britney's performance. Afterall, they are back up dancers, not the main performers on stage...

Just my opinion...I would like to hear other people's thoughts on that!

I think they were more or less trying to hide the fact that Britney wasn't necessarily the same "own the stage" confident girl we were used to seeing. She still danced well, but she wasn't confident for very valid reasons. HOWEVER, the only way for her to get that confidence back was to continue performing, NOT take a break like I've seen suggested. We saw her regain her confidence over time and thus more "challenging" choreography was added to her performances. I do think they've lost sight of what made Britney special, too. The backup dancers are backup for a reason, there to enhance the star, Britney, and nothing more. Lately, it hasn't been that way, which leads to awkward moments of Britney repeating cringeworthy steps, the hair fixing tick, looking to her dancers for her next move, etc. 

I also agree with @MonaLisa613 in that her stage costumes have A LOT to do with how she performs as well. Letoards and heels are NOT Britney's style. I feel most other pop girls wear these things to hide the fact they DON'T dance well, their performances are the "walk and pose" type of deal. That's not Britney, never was, never will be. As long as she's wearing heels (not dancer heels, but the monstrosities that she's worn since Circus era) she won't be able to go full out, it won't look the same as rehearsals where she's wearing sweats and sneakers. When POM first started and she did MATM with pants and sneakers I was slayed. She was so CONFIDENT and danced that portion of the show better than we'd seen her since circus era.

I dream she will perform like in DWAD tour. Performances like that one come from a lot of work and commitment. I am not saying she is not working hard, but that kind of perfomance needs a lot of practice and you have to look at yourself in the mirror a lot to make sure you look good. I think she does not look at her body much when she dances, more like she is focused on her energy.

3 hours ago, sincio8 said:

I dream she will perform like in DWAD tour. Performances like that one come from a lot of work and commitment. I am not saying she is not working hard, but that kind of perfomance needs a lot of practice and you have to look at yourself in the mirror a lot to make sure you look good. I think she does not look at her body much when she dances, more like she is focused on her energy.

So true. If only she would look at youtube videos and compare her moves to her dancers she would see that sometimes she is one step ahead of them (for example). I don't even think she has realized that she has even adopted several ticks while performing, like constantly fixing her hair.

Watching yourself at the mirror does help a lot to fix your technique, posture and expressions. That's some really good feedback. Other than that, her energy levels are up in the sky right now and her physique is really close to her 2001.

• Awesome 1

On 12/22/2018 at 10:26 PM, heather said:

I think they were more or less trying to hide the fact that Britney wasn't necessarily the same "own the stage" confident girl we were used to seeing. She still danced well, but she wasn't confident for very valid reasons. HOWEVER, the only way for her to get that confidence back was to continue performing, NOT take a break like I've seen suggested. We saw her regain her confidence over time and thus more "challenging" choreography was added to her performances. I do think they've lost sight of what made Britney special, too. The backup dancers are backup for a reason, there to enhance the star, Britney, and nothing more. Lately, it hasn't been that way, which leads to awkward moments of Britney repeating cringeworthy steps, the hair fixing tick, looking to her dancers for her next move, etc. 

I also agree with @MonaLisa613 in that her stage costumes have A LOT to do with how she performs as well. Letoards and heels are NOT Britney's style. I feel most other pop girls wear these things to hide the fact they DON'T dance well, their performances are the "walk and pose" type of deal. That's not Britney, never was, never will be. As long as she's wearing heels (not dancer heels, but the monstrosities that she's worn since Circus era) she won't be able to go full out, it won't look the same as rehearsals where she's wearing sweats and sneakers. When POM first started and she did MATM with pants and sneakers I was slayed. She was so CONFIDENT and danced that portion of the show better than we'd seen her since circus era.

THIS!

I honestly believe that choreos like work bitch and several other parts and breakdowns in the show were actually quite challenging!

And no matter what people say about the Piece of me show, this show is the sole reason that Britney started looking like her old self again while performing!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 11:47 PM, Dragneel said:

I will DIE if she brings performances like this in the new residency!

She is giving attitude, stage presence, fierce eyes! She walks and dominates every single piece of this stage...

Who cares about back flips...Give me THIS stage presence! She was feeling it...She was ON FIRE!

THIS remix is EVERYTHIHG!