Domination is not selling well...

T!M

Britney Spears' new Las Vegas residency 'Domination

' looking like a bad idea

By Richard Morgan

November 2, 2018 | 10:29pm

Business

Britney Spears announces her new Las Vegas residency in October.

Britney Spears announces her new Las Vegas residency in October. FilmMagic

Oops. She shouldn’t have done it again.

A week after tickets went on sale for Britney Spears’ “Domination” concert series at the Park MGM in Las Vegas — fresh on the heels of a yearslong Vegas stint that ended last December — her first month of shows remains more than half unsold, sources told The Post.

By comparison, a 27-show stint for Lady Gaga that begins Dec. 28 at the same venue nearly sold out in the first week tickets were available. An Aerosmith residency that starts April 6 was 85 percent sold out in a week, according to sources.

It was only last New Year’s Eve that the “Toxic” singer wrapped up her initial Las Vegas residency — a four-year, 248-show run at Planet Hollywood entitled “Piece of Me” — which with a $138 million gross has her in fourth place on Las Vegas’ residency register.

Celine Dion leads the list with $385 million for her 717-show “A New Day” series (2003-2007), followed by the same artist’s $233 million take for her 399 “Celine” dates (2011-2019), according to Billboard.

Elton John’s extended “Red Piano” stay (2004-2009) ranks third, with $169 million.

Spears is launching the “Domination” series on Feb. 13 despite the fact that “Piece of Me” stopped selling out after its first two years in Las Vegas, an insider said.

The series was announced on Oct. 18 — less than a month after it was reported that 36-year-old Spears will have to pay thousands of dollars more a month in child support to ex Kevin Federline.

Meanwhile, Gaga and Aerosmith stand to benefit by being residency newbies.

Gaga’s critically acclaimed starring role in “A Star is Born” has her popularity at an all-time high, a source said. And Aerosmith and its boomer following have reached an age where both want to see each other while they still can.

The venue for all three residencies is the Park Theater — a 5,200-seat venue at the Park MGM.

Gaga announced her 27-show run on Aug. 13, Aerosmith went public with its 18 dates on Aug. 24, and Spears revealed her new 32-concert series on Oct. 26.

Source:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/11/02/britney-spears-new-las-vegas-residency-looking-like-a-bad-idea/amp/

tenor.gif

Vegas never sells out like a tour, half the appeal is being in the city and saying "what do you wanna do tonight? Let's go see Britney!" Lady Gaga sold quickly because it's her first residency and the massive hype surrounding her right now. Lady Gaga wouldn't have a residency if Britney hadn't gone there first, remember that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, T!M said:

Britney Spears' new Las Vegas residency 'Domination

' looking like a bad idea

By Richard Morgan

November 2, 2018 | 10:29pm

Business

Britney Spears announces her new Las Vegas residency in October.

Britney Spears announces her new Las Vegas residency in October. FilmMagic

Oops. She shouldn’t have done it again.

A week after tickets went on sale for Britney Spears’ “Domination” concert series at the Park MGM in Las Vegas — fresh on the heels of a yearslong Vegas stint that ended last December — her first month of shows remains more than half unsold, sources told The Post.

By comparison, a 27-show stint for Lady Gaga that begins Dec. 28 at the same venue nearly sold out in the first week tickets were available. An Aerosmith residency that starts April 6 was 85 percent sold out in a week, according to sources.

It was only last New Year’s Eve that the “Toxic” singer wrapped up her initial Las Vegas residency — a four-year, 248-show run at Planet Hollywood entitled “Piece of Me” — which with a $138 million gross has her in fourth place on Las Vegas’ residency register.

Celine Dion leads the list with $385 million for her 717-show “A New Day” series (2003-2007), followed by the same artist’s $233 million take for her 399 “Celine” dates (2011-2019), according to Billboard.

Elton John’s extended “Red Piano” stay (2004-2009) ranks third, with $169 million.

Spears is launching the “Domination” series on Feb. 13 despite the fact that “Piece of Me” stopped selling out after its first two years in Las Vegas, an insider said.

The series was announced on Oct. 18 — less than a month after it was reported that 36-year-old Spears will have to pay thousands of dollars more a month in child support to ex Kevin Federline.

Meanwhile, Gaga and Aerosmith stand to benefit by being residency newbies.

Gaga’s critically acclaimed starring role in “A Star is Born” has her popularity at an all-time high, a source said. And Aerosmith and its boomer following have reached an age where both want to see each other while they still can.

The venue for all three residencies is the Park Theater — a 5,200-seat venue at the Park MGM.

Gaga announced her 27-show run on Aug. 13, Aerosmith went public with its 18 dates on Aug. 24, and Spears revealed her new 32-concert series on Oct. 26.

Source:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/11/02/britney-spears-new-las-vegas-residency-looking-like-a-bad-idea/amp/

Who cares. Im was not for POMess, Im not for Trashynation.

It's pretty soon for another residency and she went on tour a couple months ago, so that doesn't help. Plus she has no new music and there's literally no buzz around her. It's normal Domination is not selling out, but I think once she makes a few appearances to talk about the show or releases something, sales will go up. We had a documentary for promoting POM and she released an album, I wonder what they will do this time to support the show  :omg:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, edurance said:

It's pretty soon for another residency and she went on tour a couple months ago, so that doesn't help. Plus she has no new music and there's literally no buzz around her. It's normal Domination is not selling out, but I think once she makes a few appearances to talk about the show or releases something, sales will go up. We had a documentary for promoting POM and she released an album, I wonder what they will do this time to support the show  :omg:

I agree with this. Rn there’s not enough excitement around it outside of her fanbase, but some light promotion will push sales ahead. And it’s still a fun option for people just randomly in Vegas for vacation. 

Also, the comparisons to Gaga and Aerosmith is ridiculous. Very different scenarios. 

I agree with the others about it being too soon, plus the lackluster announcement could be playing a part. The show has to be completely different from POM, keep the major hits but maybe add a good number of popular non singles that haven’t been played in awhile. Since their going for a more urban vide, it would be cool to see Outrageous and Boom Boom on the set list.

• Like 1

It's too soon and a boring idea tbh. Same thing all over again and just for the americans or people who can afford it . No music, nothing. It's is just an easy way to get money easly but I think it won't work this time. Fans want something different and more fresh I guess. It feels like she is one of those artirst who have retired and are old now. But I don't want to be so negative, so I guess we will see...:notimeforu: