What Do Ya'll Think Of...

Lonely-Ass

There's already a post about this. The fan is 100% in the wrong. Buying a meet and greet does not entitle you to touch, hug, chit chat, etc with Britney. You're buying a picture. Fans were told before the meet and greet Britney was sick and not to touch her. That fan didn't listen. Her story is shady, and I'm glad Britney stood up for herself.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lonely-Ass said:

By instinct you touch the person next to you when taking a picture. Maybe she forgot the rules, I mean she was probably so nervous in front of her. I would forget my birthday if Britney asked me how old am I, come on. 

200.gif

I don't instinctively touch people when taking a photo, especially people I don't know! This fan changes her story of where she touched Britney so either she touched her inappropriately or touched her multiple times in different places - that's NOT ok!

• Like 1

First of all these stories need to be taken with a huge grain of salt considering we’re only hearing one side in the situation. We all know damn well since a fan can’t provide evidence that they’ll place all the blame on Britney even if they were the one who caused the situation.

Plus judging by the forums some fans are drama queens, something minor could have happened but they could be exaggerating it. As for that girl, her story kept changing, plus she ignored the rule, as much as she doesn’t wanna accept it, it’s her fault.

Also regarding it being natural to touch someone for a picture...that’s a crock of shit. As someone with social anxiety, if I don’t know you, don’t fucking touch me. Obviously if you’re a social butterfly, you won’t understand that but if a person is a stranger to you, u need to respect their personal space, u may be comfortable, don’t assume they are. Sure we may feel like we know Britney personally cuz we know a lot of info but at the end of the day, we don’t. The only thing we do know for sure...she is shy, she’s said that herself many times in interviews, so respect that and keep in mind, to her, WE TRULY ARE COMPLETE STRANGERS, the ONLY thing she knows about us is that we’re fans, she knows nothing else.

They say you shouldn’t meet your idols, for a reason. They’re not some God, they’re flawed human beings just like us, they have good days and bad days, good moods and bad moods, some humans are just better at hiding it than others. If you’re a fan who’s still willing to shell out the dough to meet your fave, i suggest u go into it knowing the meet may not be the perfect experience you built up in your head. 

• Like 5

This is one out of millions of stories of meet and greets. 

Plus the girl in the video kind of looks like a person who would love to seek attention so I mean.... :sipstea:

There was either a miscommunication during the meet and greet, a lack of communication, she was really treated this way, or she's just lying for her 15 mins of fame.

Pick which option you agree with, but I think she's lying about it. :mhm:

• Like 3

I think there's a lot of feelings involved, and people are mixing feelings and facts. I think that girl spoke from a place of sadness and anger, which is a normal reaction, and she needed to get those feeling validated by others. So she used some "alternative facts". But I have a hard time imagining Britney laughing at someone like that. When my anxiety is bad, I can't handle someone suddenly just touching me either. And Britney is under a lot of stress now, so it's only natural for her to have extra anxiety.

It's also disturbing how "everybody" is judging her and bitching about it, but no one is talking or thinking about her health and well-being.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aleks said:

I think there's a lot of feelings involved, and people are mixing feelings and facts. I think that girl spoke from a place of sadness and anger, which is a normal reaction, and she needed to get those feeling validated by others. So she used some "alternative facts". But I have a hard time imagining Britney laughing at someone like that. When my anxiety is bad, I can't handle someone suddenly just touching me either. And Britney is under a lot of stress now, so it's only natural for her to have extra anxiety.

It's also disturbing how "everybody" is judging her and bitching about it, but no one is talking or thinking about her health and well-being.

I agree it is disturbing, I’ve even seen fans actually get mad when her personal issues are brought up and think it’s just an excuse. It’s sad how a lot of fans don’t take Britney the person in to consideration.

I can’t picture Britney laughing either or making that money remark the girl is claiming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aleks said:

17 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I agree it is disturbing, I’ve even seen fans actually get mad when her personal issues are brought up and think it’s just an excuse. It’s sad how a lot of fans don’t take Britney the person in to consideration.

I can’t picture Britney laughing either or making that money remark the girl is claiming.

I have legit seen people say that Britney needs to "go away and fix her mental illness" before she does meet and greets again. How these people can talk about their fave and mental illness in such a disgusting, derogatory way and continue to call themselves fans absolutely baffles me. People wanna joke that Britney hates her fans, those people are the reasons why.

21 minutes ago, heather said:

I have legit seen people say that Britney needs to "go away and fix her mental illness" before she does meet and greets again. How these people can talk about their fave and mental illness in such a disgusting, derogatory way and continue to call themselves fans absolutely baffles me. People wanna joke that Britney hates her fans, those people are the reasons why.

I’ve seen that exact statement u put in quotes made on the other forum, it’s sickening how they talk about her. Have u seen that one meet and greet pic where the “fan” edited an umbrella into it....i hope to god she hasn’t seen that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I’ve seen that exact statement u put in quotes made on the other forum, it’s sickening how they talk about her. Have u seen that one meet and greet pic where the “fan” edited an umbrella into it....i hope to god she hasn’t seen that.

Yup! Completely disgusting. I honestly hope she never does another meet and greet again, bad eggs have ruined it for the good ones. And then there are people who are coming out with stories "I said it was good at the time but the truth is it wasn't" looking for their internet points, it's gross. All of it.

53 minutes ago, heather said:

Yup! Completely disgusting. I honestly hope she never does another meet and greet again, bad eggs have ruined it for the good ones. And then there are people who are coming out with stories "I said it was good at the time but the truth is it wasn't" looking for their internet points, it's gross. All of it.

I agree about her not doing them again, judging by just the pics, you’ve got some that are incredible, she looks so into it and others that look like she’d rather be somewhere else, she should not be doing them if she’s not comfortable and the inconsistency proves she’s not. Plus, it’s not fair for the genuine fans spending all that money and having to cross their fingers hoping they get her on a good day.

I can’t help but wonder that since she seems to want to do the minimum in regards to her career, maybe they make her do these m&g to make up for the money their losing by her not doing serious interviews, tv performances and promoting her albums for longer than a week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I agree about her not doing them again, judging by just the pics, you’ve got some that are incredible, she looks so into it and others that look like she’d rather be somewhere else, she should not be doing them if she’s not comfortable and the inconsistency proves she’s not. Plus, it’s not fair for the genuine fans spending all that money and having to cross their fingers hoping they get her on a good day.

I can’t help but wonder that since she seems to want to do the minimum in regards to her career, maybe they make her do these m&g to make up for the money their losing by her not doing serious interviews, tv performances and promoting her albums for longer than a week.

I honestly don't believe they MAKE her, I think Britney has her good and bad days like every other normal person. To require Britney to "fix her mental issues" before is insensitive and completely misguided when it comes to mental health. I also heard they sold a lot more m&g's for the European leg than in Vegas/North America, which would explain Britney's gradual uncomfortableness with the process. Think about it from Britney's perspective. She's meeting dozens of people every show, these people are likely very nervous, crying tears of happiness, overly friendly, very shy like she is, or normal. I can't imagine what it must be like for her to meet so many people that basically idolize her when Britney herself is and has always been, uncomfortable being placed on that pedestal. We've always heard that Britney takes on the personality of whoever she's meeting- if you're shy she's shy, if you're normal she's normal. I definitely take that into consideration when I read these "bad experience" stories.

Yeah they prolly don’t make her, was just a thought. If she really does want to do them tho, there’s gotta be a way to at least make it less nerve-wracking for her, like no more than 10 fans for each show or change the time they do them so it’s not so rushed and hectic. I wish her team would think of something to make it easier on her.

Plus, it is really ignorant when fans treat her mental illness like it’s a cold, something that some Tylenol and bed rest will fix. Sure u can control it, meds and therapy can make it easier to cope but it’s still there and I’m speaking from personal experience, plus finding the right meds and dosage can take time and having them changed up or abruptly stopping them can really fuck u up. Oh and I also take her taking on the fans personality into consideration with these bad stories too, it’s gotta be hard so I do give her props for doing it.

• Like 1