I can't really listen to Britney Jean

Lascivious

Without it being ruined by Myah Marie. Sorry but I am 100% convinced she is singing 75% of the album (with Britney in the backround at some points, or the lead for 25% of the parts).

I still bought the album so I have all Britney albums but it makes me so mad and annoyed. What a horrid area.

I know people really shit on the Glory era but there have been times where she looked like a barbie, truly tried her best on stage and really gave it her all. Britney Jean was awful. Femme Fatale had some cool moments but most of it was horrible due to her mental illness, which I can relate with since I am also bipolar.

Overall I feel like people are being so tough on her, even if she isn't dancing like she used to, I can tell she is truly trying and bringing energy and strutting everywhere. Sometimes I feel like the people hating are new fans? There were points during the Circus and FF era's where she just literally walked through performances. When she was good for Circus, she was GOOD, but the majority of it unfortunately was very bad.

She is really trying now. And even taking care of her bod. Unfortunately she is not the performer she is but that's mental illness and you guys have to give her a break!

/drunkenrantover

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

7 hours ago, Lascivious said:

Without it being ruined by Myah Marie. Sorry but I am 100% convinced she is singing 75% of the album (with Britney in the backround at some points, or the lead for 25% of the parts).

I still bought the album so I have all Britney albums but it makes me so mad and annoyed. What a horrid area.

I know people really shit on the Glory era but there have been times where she looked like a barbie, truly tried her best on stage and really gave it her all. Britney Jean was awful. Femme Fatale had some cool moments but most of it was horrible due to her mental illness, which I can relate with since I am also bipolar.

Overall I feel like people are being so tough on her, even if she isn't dancing like she used to, I can tell she is truly trying and bringing energy and strutting everywhere. Sometimes I feel like the people hating are new fans? There were points during the Circus and FF era's where she just literally walked through performances. When she was good for Circus, she was GOOD, but the majority of it unfortunately was very bad.

She is really trying now. And even taking care of her bod. Unfortunately she is not the performer she is but that's mental illness and you guys have to give her a break!

/drunkenrantover

Tbh i'd pay this album to people who I hate and pretend I like them :ohriiight:

BJ is my least listened to not for the reason u stated, for me it’s just to slow, Glory is sooooooo much better, I love it.

Its funny cuz with the Circus Tour a lot of fans were trashing it, saying all she’s really doing is walking now suddenly it’s epic and one of her best, this is one very fickle fan base.

While Circus did have a better set and costumes than POM, Britney herself was basically phoning it in, she herself is much better during POM, she’s more energetic and dancing more and better. I honestly believe what had most fans butthurt over POM was because of the residency, they see it as something has beens do, meanwhile thanks to her, many more current artists are doing a residency, plus with the residency fans have to go to her, which is very expensive and inconvenient. Sure Britney has had her good nights and bad nights, but she’s a fucking human being,  she’s gonna have ups and downs plus she’s been doing the same show for 5 years, I’m sure she’s bored out of her mind.

Plus I also feel a lot of fans have an extremely unhealthy obsession, they live vicariously through her, she fails they fail, she succeeds, they succeed. At the end of the day, if u care for Britney as a person, be happy that she seems to be happy and healthy and in a good place, the pop star part of her, is not that serious, it’s just a form of entertainment. It’s psychotic that’s fans are getting so angry over entertainment. They seriously need to lay off of her and need to put themselves in her position, would they be happy if they were her and saw people saying such horrible things about them over something as stupid as a performance or an outfit?? There’s a saying...treat people the way u wanna be treated, and those particular fans need to get that saying through their thick skulls.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 4

I really can't at the fans here who fight so hard to say Britney sang all of BJ. It's been proven that most of the lead vocal tracks were sung by Myah, and if they can't recognize the difference between Britney's real voice and Myah's "Britney impression" they're flop fucking fans who probably bop to Bridie Heaton demos.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

BJ is my least listened to not for the reason u stated, for me it’s just to slow, Glory is sooooooo much better, I love it.

Its funny cuz with the Circus Tour a lot of fans were trashing it, saying all she’s really doing is walking now suddenly it’s epic and one of her best, this is one very fickle fan base.

While Circus did have a better set and costumes than POM, Britney herself was basically phoning it in, she herself is much better during POM, she’s more energetic and dancing more and better. I honestly believe what had most fans butthurt over POM was because of the residency, they see it as something has beens do, meanwhile thanks to her, many more current artists are doing a residency, plus with the residency fans have to go to her, which is very expensive and inconvenient. Sure Britney has had her good nights and bad nights, but she’s a fucking human being,  she’s gonna have ups and downs plus she’s been doing the same show for 5 years, I’m sure she’s bored out of her mind.

Plus I also feel a lot of fans have an extremely unhealthy obsession, they live vicariously through her, she fails they fail, she succeeds, they succeed. At the end of the day, if u care for Britney as a person, be happy that she seems to be happy and healthy and in a good place, the pop star part of her, is not that serious, it’s just a form of entertainment. It’s psychotic that’s fans are getting so angry over entertainment. They seriously need to lay off of her and need to put themselves in her position, would they be happy if they were her and saw people saying such horrible things about them over something as stupid as a performance or an outfit?? There’s a saying...treat people the way u wanna be treated, and those particular fans need to get that saying through their thick skulls.

I can't even lie. I was sooo judgmental of her in the past and her performances and stuff, but then I got diagnosed with social anxiety and bipolar disorder and now she's my hero. People CAN'T even imagine what it's like and trying to perform and meet strangers/fans and stuff. She truly is soo strong because God knows I could do not do it, especially with my rapid mood changes. I used to take dancing classes as a kid and I was pretty fluid and great, I even helped the instructor teach some of the newer dancers, but after you take those pills they make you feel very numb and they make you over-think everything. Like when I dance now, I don't get "lost in the moment," I am always over-thinking everything and it is awful and has effected my movement. When I'm drunk and loose, then I am the dancer I used to be. Anyway, random and too much info, but yeah, I relate to Brit in that aspect.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Ricki Lake said:

I really can't at the fans here who fight so hard to say Britney sang all of BJ. It's been proven that most of the lead vocal tracks were sung by Myah, and if they can't recognize the difference between Britney's real voice and Myah's "Britney impression" they're flop fucking fans who probably bop to Bridie Heaton demos.

I mean, at the end of the day, who cares what they think? But yeah, not sure what happened in that era but like I said, I strongly believe she is not singing lead for like 75% of the album. It's truly disappointing.

Britney fans could talk ALL day about how bad BJ is :thatsfunny: and it's mostly because Britney OBVIOUSLY didn't have as much input as we were told! We got some GREAT tracks, Work Bitch is iconic, Perfume is fantastic... But then potentially great tracks like Alien and Passenger we're completely trashed in post production. Someone (I think it was on exhale) remixed alien and made the vocals sound MUCH better and made it far more listenable. Passenger's stems I know were floating around in 2013 but haven't leaked ... I wish someone would remix Passenger too and add more of Britney's parts. BJ should've been produced solely by William Orbit. I said before he's the only William that should've been on the album :mygawd: a William Orbit album would've been fantastic... Work Bitch should've been the most "dance" sounding song on the album. I think it should've been a primarily electropop album. Britney's Magnum Opus in Dance-pop is Femme Fatale (or Blackout, if you discount the edgier sound for pop.) BJ can't decide whether it's a dance or pop album or both. I wish this era was better for her, it clearly damaged her reputation more than it needed to be, and the producers and her team are mostly to blame.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 8/11/2018 at 2:27 PM, Lascivious said:

I mean, at the end of the day, who cares what they think? But yeah, not sure what happened in that era but like I said, I strongly believe she is not singing lead for like 75% of the album. It's truly disappointing.

"It's my best work yet." 

:britdrown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 8:08 AM, BritneySpearsVEVO said:

Yes, it's with B voice, but it's like she was forced for record it. 

I get that vibe too, like she wasn't involved at all, they picked the tracks, the theme, told her what she'll sing, etc. It was a perfect example of a label putting out a product.

But I still like it. I'm not in love with it but it's a good pop album. The production is great too. It sounds "clean." Circus, If U Seek Amy, Phonography, Amnesia, Shattered Glass, Quicksand, Blur, etc. It had it's highlights.

• Awesome 1