you know what

1kissgoodnight

Overall, there's actually nothing wrong with Britney's shows/performances.

Even back in the days when she was absolutely killing the chores and routines on stage, she was still criticised, she still had jokes made about her music or whatever.

So I really think that she's at the point now where she's just going on stage, having a good time with her dancers, and doing her routines that she has rehearsed.

If you go onto her instagram you'll see plenty of comments about poor dancing, no live singing etc etc.

Well sorry but that is basically all the performers. People hold Beyonce up as some incredible pop force beyond compare, well, sorry, but she FAKED IT during what is possibly the most important political event in her country (the inauguration). SHE FAKED IT!!!! 

Shakira was caught lip-syncing during the World Cup event a few years ago. 

They're literally all doing it.

Except, for some reason, people really bash Britney for it. 

So, my guess is that after 20 years of giving us all a piece of her, and after all the shit the world threw at her when she dared to have personal struggles... she's arrived at the point where she just doesn't feel she has to prove anything anymore.  Like it or don't. that's not to say she doesn't care!! a beautiful release like Glory proves that she continues to take her musical output seriously and create solid pop material. She's just done with trying to please everyone. Because even if she was slaying 2004 choreo on stage every night, people would still be criticising other aspects.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Absolutely! That's why I don't understand when people (I refuse to call those people fans) harp on bad reviews and their perception of a show they did not witness themselves. As you said, Britney has faced this same criticism her entire career. INCLUDING BOTH Dream Within A Dream and the Onyx Hotel Tour which are highly praised by fans.  She is NOT the only pop act that lips, but she is the only one that gets shamed for it. I believe it's because she's the only one that isn't playing the game of trying to fool people. Which I actually respect more that people who claim to always sing live when they, in fact, use playback and prerecorded vocals as well.

Britney could be exactly the same performer and have the same personality she did during whatever someone wants to claim was her "prime" and they would still complain. Britney will never please everyone, so it's about time she starts pleasing the only one that actually matters: herself. Don't like it? Don't be a fan. No one is here to listen to their constant bitching about what they think she isn't.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Britney has always been that one pop star who’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t and it’s never been fair but quite frankly as a real fan as long as I’m happy that’s all that matters. Fuck critics, fuck haters and fuck the fake fans. 

The fake fans are the ones that esp. piss me off, if you hate her so much and are no longer being entertained by her, why are u still hanging around...move on, NO ONE WANTS YOU!!! Hell, who needs haters when u have fans like that.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

I hope she doesn't care.

All over the world she actually is praised, but when i look in our local media i could cry.

Some news from the last days:

ze.tt - Britney Spears in Berlin: Just confused standing around on the stage

Zeit Online - Britney Spears : Nothing to say, nothing to sing

WAZ - Oops! Britney Spears gave a concert in Berlin without singing

Spiegel Online - Britney Spears in Berlin In sexy lingerie about the cemetery of pop music

Der Tagesspiegel - Berlin concert of the singer Britney Spears invites you to a nostalgic pop party

There some more of this shit.:crying1:

All I could say, this was an amazing party much more intensive as her Vegas shows.

All of this articles written by females.

Don't know whats up with the women, no matter which female you speak to everyone look at you wrong.

Thats so disgusting. Only my wife i've turned into a britney stan, her sister maybe. :britlol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 1kissgoodnight said:

Overall, there's actually nothing wrong with Britney's shows/performances.

Even back in the days when she was absolutely killing the chores and routines on stage, she was still criticised, she still had jokes made about her music or whatever.

So I really think that she's at the point now where she's just going on stage, having a good time with her dancers, and doing her routines that she has rehearsed.

If you go onto her instagram you'll see plenty of comments about poor dancing, no live singing etc etc.

Well sorry but that is basically all the performers. People hold Beyonce up as some incredible pop force beyond compare, well, sorry, but she FAKED IT during what is possibly the most important political event in her country (the inauguration). SHE FAKED IT!!!! 

Shakira was caught lip-syncing during the World Cup event a few years ago. 

They're literally all doing it.

Except, for some reason, people really bash Britney for it. 

So, my guess is that after 20 years of giving us all a piece of her, and after all the shit the world threw at her when she dared to have personal struggles... she's arrived at the point where she just doesn't feel she has to prove anything anymore.  Like it or don't. that's not to say she doesn't care!! a beautiful release like Glory proves that she continues to take her musical output seriously and create solid pop material. She's just done with trying to please everyone. Because even if she was slaying 2004 choreo on stage every night, people would still be criticising other aspects.

Aha could give some shit and sing at least one song 100% live. She can sing first some ballad live in setlist and then (waste) time with dancing to old studio tracks.

What i think is that.. well if you ever knotice, she kills it on live television, in music videos, she looks amazing, and dances great! But at her tour, she's doing her own thing at her own pace she dont sing live or dance well... why? Because she knows her fans are good with what she does. And we are ok with it. Im happy as long as she keeps releasing music. That is what i enjoy. I haven't gone to see the show and might not ever see it. Because it is very expensive, for me to see her just walk around. But unlike the gp i know and expect that from her and im here for the music. The gp put's her down cause we all know most pop stars dont sing live. BUT they do dance very well, or at least move their body to where they look good doing what they do. Britney does neither while at pom. So maybe that is why they judge her so harshly. But during tv performances, and music videos they say she looks great and they always praise her. So idk maybe some fans are too sensitive cause a dozen people make bad comments. Everyone gets bad feedback. It just feels worse cause we are on Britney's side.  Im sure lady gaga fans and Beyonce fans get their way too. So dont think about it too much. Enjoy her while you can. :aintevenmad:

I think she is doing ok as long as she is happy, but I cannot hide the fact that I would like her to start taking dancing classes again. She has the energy and she wants to slay even more but probably she is not used to dancing with techinque and structured choreo and she doesn't realize that cause she doesn't give much attention. 

Less gym and more dance classes Brit :bqt:

As for the lipsync, it is not a problem for me tbh. I am not going to her concert to hear her live voice, I know it is not going to happen. She will have her reason to playbacksto I am ok with it.

I will see her for the first time in Dublin in few days, can't wait :soexcited:

11 hours ago, josephthemerman said:

What i think is that.. well if you ever knotice, she kills it on live television, in music videos, she looks amazing, and dances great! But at her tour, she's doing her own thing at her own pace she dont sing live or dance well... why? Because she knows her fans are good with what she does. And we are ok with it. Im happy as long as she keeps releasing music. That is what i enjoy. I haven't gone to see the show and might not ever see it. Because it is very expensive, for me to see her just walk around. But unlike the gp i know and expect that from her and im here for the music. The gp put's her down cause we all know most pop stars dont sing live. BUT they do dance very well, or at least move their body to where they look good doing what they do. Britney does neither while at pom. So maybe that is why they judge her so harshly. But during tv performances, and music videos they say she looks great and they always praise her. So idk maybe some fans are too sensitive cause a dozen people make bad comments. Everyone gets bad feedback. It just feels worse cause we are on Britney's side.  Im sure lady gaga fans and Beyonce fans get their way too. So dont think about it too much. Enjoy her while you can. :aintevenmad:

Here’s the thing tho, as fans there’s nothing wrong with being disappointed and expressing it, but there is a HUGE difference between expressing it in a mature, respectful way and a hateful, cunty way. That second one is what I have a problem with. Saying she needs to practice more, loosen up and work on her anxiety for when she’s on stage so she can deliver like she does on instagram is one thing, calling her an awkward, stiff robot is another. There’s no need for the mocking and disrespect.

If you wanna call having maturity and respect sensitive, then so be it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, josephthemerman said:

You missed the point of this post. It doesn't matter what the GP criticizes her about, she has been criticized this way her ENTIRE career. Fans only care now because they're unhappy because she no longer caters her world to us. She's grown up, has different priorities and her career is not number 1 anymore. That's ok with me, because I prefer Britney's happiness above all. Some "fans" are selfish and think she owes them things she simply does not.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 4:37 AM, MonaLisa613 said:

Here’s the thing tho, as fans there’s nothing wrong with being disappointed and expressing it, but there is a HUGE difference between expressing it in a mature, respectful way and a hateful, cunty way. That second one is what I have a problem with. Saying she needs to practice more, loosen up and work on her anxiety for when she’s on stage so she can deliver like she does on instagram is one thing, calling her an awkward, stiff robot is another. There’s no need for the mocking and disrespect.

If you wanna call having maturity and respect sensitive, then so be it.

No one is ever really mature enough for any situation, and very few people have respect towards others. I simply meant what Britney herself would probably say, dont be sensitive... who cares what everyone else is saying. Just enjoy it. So take my words however you want. Like i said i will be enjoying the music, and her carrer, regardless of what fans or anyone says. 

On 8/9/2018 at 3:01 PM, heather said:

You missed the point of this post. It doesn't matter what the GP criticizes her about, she has been criticized this way her ENTIRE career. Fans only care now because they're unhappy because she no longer caters her world to us. She's grown up, has different priorities and her career is not number 1 anymore. That's ok with me, because I prefer Britney's happiness above all. Some "fans" are selfish and think she owes them things she simply does not.

No i didn't miss the point i just didn't focus heavily on the topic and gave some of my own opinions so relax. And im aware some fans feel like that, but simply put once again like i said in my post, who cares if you yourself enjoy what she does. Then that should be the end of it. Enjoy her while she still loves doing what she does.  

1 hour ago, josephthemerman said:

No i didn't miss the point i just didn't focus heavily on the topic and gave some of my own opinions so relax. And im aware some fans feel like that, but simply put once again like i said in my post, who cares if you yourself enjoy what she does. Then that should be the end of it. Enjoy her while she still loves doing what she does.  

Your own opinions were off topic as I said and you admit, so don't tell me to relax because I called you out for it. If you enjoy her then there's no reason to criticize her harshly or the fans with different opinions from yours, bottom line. Which I'm not saying you've done (though I don't think there's any reason to say she doesn't dance well when she clearly does) but many are guilty of. There are ways to show you're unhappy without being a miserable asshole about the current state of Britney. Again I'm not talking about you, I'm referring to fans in general who don't know how to express disappointment in ways that aren't completely bashing and degrading someone who is supposed to be their fave.

People know she doesn't sing live, they know she doesn't dance like she used to, and they know she doesn't look like she did in her prime. But they still pay top money to see her in concert and I don't see absolutely anyone complaining about the show. Only haters and journalists that don't really understand what a Britney show is about. The show had a rough start in 2013 (choreography, energy, outfits, wigs...), but she's come a long way since then.

• Like 1