New Beyonce + Jay-Z Album = FLOP

Lascivious

IL9groC.png

69K pure album sales. 

LESS THAN GLORY, JOANNE, CHEEK 2 CHEEK AND WITNESS. :surprise:

Horrible sales for the so-called "most powerful couple in Hollywood." Taking a back seat to some boy band. LOL! And they even tried to sell out their twins and exploit them for press before dropping the album. 

Now I'm just waiting for the lawsuits to eventually come in to see who's music they stole this time. Or some demo's to leak of some of the tracks on the album that have Beyonce listed as a writer to see she changed a word or two or nothing at all yet still got credit. Now THAT would be the cherry on top of this beautiful sundae. 

3YDFJ3g.gif

• Like 1

Tidal exposed for fake streams too

After the release of TLOP in February 2016, Tidal claimed that the album was streamed 250 million times by its users in the first 10 days that it was available. (The album was initially billed as a Tidal exclusive.) At the same time, the streaming service was claiming 3 million subscribers—figures that averaged out to every single subscriber listening to the album eight times a day for 10 days straight. Similarly, Tidal claimed that subscribers streamed Lemonade 306 million times in its first 15 days of availability when it was released that April. Several music industry observers noted the apparent discrepancies at the time.

Dagens Næringsliv’s investigation (which has been partially translated into English by Music Business Worldwide) was based on having received a hard drive containing what appeared to be two billion rows of internal Tidal streaming data. After verifying with record labels that the data on the drive matched the numbers that Tidal had provided to them, Dagens Næringsliv contracted the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s Center for Cyber and Information Security to run a forensic analysis of the data. The CCIS found that 150 million TLOP plays and 170 million Lemonade plays were “duplicates” that did not reflect the actual listening activity of the subscribers they were attributed to. Tidal’s lawyer said that the newspaper’s data has been falsified, and that the CCIS study was conducted under false pretenses.

If the numbers are legit, the implications for Tidal are serious. According to record label royalty payment reports obtained by Dagens Næringsliv, Tidal paid Kanye’s record label Universal €3.2 million in February and March 2016, the months immediately following his album release. Of that total, €2 million was directed to TLOP, a figure that would presumably be much smaller with 150 million fewer plays. Similarly, Tidal reportedly paid $2.5 million to Beyoncé’s label Sony in April and May of 2016, of a total royalty payment in excess of $4 million.

The CCIS study included the play counts had been falsified based on repeated patterns it found in the data. The 150 million Kanye plays were all logged at precisely the same times of the day, down to the second: 2:00 and 5:00 a.m. The 170 million Beyoncé followed a more complicated pattern based on repeating users’ own authentic plays of the songs, but a pattern nonetheless. “The number of minutes elapsing before the track is re-entered in the log varies, but the time interval is always a variant of a figure multiplied by six minutes (6, 12, 18, 24, …). In addition, the tracks are restarted at the same second and millisecond,” the Dagens Næringsliv reads in part.

https://celebrityaccess.com/2018/05/09/tidal-accused-of-faking-kanye-and-beyonce-streaming-numbers/

3YDFJ3g.gif

Christina did way better than I anticipated tbh. Still obviously not great sales (and absolutely terrible streaming numbers), but for a woman who hasn't put out an album in 6 years, had shaky promo (imo) and non-charting singles, this isn't too bad. I've listened to the album. It's one of the better ones she's done in years, but that's not saying much. Like I Do, Maria, and Sick of Sittin' are bops.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

Christina did way better than I anticipated tbh. Still obviously not great sales (and absolutely terrible streaming numbers), but for a woman who hasn't put out an album in 6 years, had shaky promo (imo) and non-charting singles, this isn't too bad. I've listened to the album. It's one of the better ones she's done in years, but that's not saying much. Like I Do, Maria, and Sick of Sittin' are bops.

I quite enjoyed Christina’s album and thought it was a good enough comeback after 6 years of nothing. :mhm: granted it’s the only album of hers I’ve listened in full, but it’s still decent

• Like 1

I’ve listened to the album and it’s absolute sh*t :mhm:

they claim it to be 4:44 and and Lemonade together. Lemonade was an amazing album, 4:44 was bad and this was sh*t which is kind of funny cuz Beyhive hyped this up so hard, and everyone sucks Beyoncé’s a**! :lmaolol:

Beyhive is gonna start making excuses on why it wasn’t #1, and about charts and stuff! Just admit it’s a bad album and move on 

21 hours ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

I'm so happy for her. I heard it had better first week sales then Lotus which was released years ago, so good for her. I have not purchased the album but I want to to support her and get it. I wish her streams were better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoshLee said:

I’ve listened to the album and it’s absolute sh*t :mhm:

they claim it to be 4:44 and and Lemonade together. Lemonade was an amazing album, 4:44 was bad and this was sh*t which is kind of funny cuz Beyhive hyped this up so hard, and everyone sucks Beyoncé’s a**! :lmaolol:

Beyhive is gonna start making excuses on why it wasn’t #1, and about charts and stuff! Just admit it’s a bad album and move on 

These sales are unacceptable for so-called "Queen Bey." Where is the Beyhive? Her core fans should have purchased the album even if they hated it, it has Beyonce on it. This just goes to show you that without the media shoving her overrated ass down people's throats, no one cares. I feel like her next solo album is gonna do awful compared to BEYONCE and Lemonade.

We need to step up when Britney drops her next single/album and atleast pull in 120K pure sales. But she's gonna need a really strong hit single for that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoshLee said:

I quite enjoyed Christina’s album and thought it was a good enough comeback after 6 years of nothing. :mhm: granted it’s the only album of hers I’ve listened in full, but it’s still decent

I highly recommend Stripped! It has some of the typical Christina problems - screaming vocals, unnecessary fillers, cohesion issues - but it's honestly one of the best pop albums from that decade. She was filled with so much emotion and I think it came through, in a very good way.

• Like 1