THROWBACK - Rolling Stone April 15, 1999 | First Cover Issue

Mark

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Hmmmm.... the boozing mystery continues... :ehno:

I never read any stuff about this. Im just "interested" in everything news about cship and possibly end of it....btw- I hate if someone make thread and no answers. These bitches are lazy for answer and why they are here then? No posts = delete account...

I didn't actually end up buying the issue until many years later so I didn't know what the contents were (apart from the photos that were inescapable from the media.) It's strange to see Bryan talking about sneaking Britney into a cool New Orleans bar and Lynne wanting to tag along. How could they not print that though? Journalist gold to them. Still a classic mag, though. Everything else about it I like, glad to have this one in my collection. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, Mark said:

Also - question, I wasn't a Brit stan yet around this era, was the fact that she openly talked about drinking with her mom and Bryan, was that anything people made a fuss over back then? 

Probably, but I'm guessing people were more upset about the magazine cover even though it's tame in comparison to Brooke Shields being fully nude as a teenager:soofunny:

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2018 at 11:44 PM, Lascivious said:

Wow, she looks so pretty! I wonder if I can find this cover on ebay. It's so iconic. And so much controversy surrounded it during it's release.

You definitely should be able to, that is actually where I got mine (and luckily got a nice, clean new copy without a shipping label). So I know they are still out there! But thank you for watching, yeah I wanted to try to pan out all the pages for those who don't have the mag. 

• Like 1