Spotlight on Britney Army Member: Tomris Lahusen! @britneyspears

News

britneytour.jpg?resize=670%2C400&ssl=1

lip-sync.jpg?resize=536%2C302&ssl=1

It’s SPOTLIGHT on Britney Army Time!

Today we are featuring flawless member, Tomris Lahusen, who has been a Britney fan since he was born. Check out Tomris interview with the AB team below:

What started you to love Britney Spears?

I don’t exactly recall what started me to love Britney. For me, she was kind of always there. My earliest memory of her is from 2008. I remember watching TV with my family and they were talking about Britney and that she’s now teaching dance classes. The first time I watched “Britney: For the Record“, I properly learned about her breakdown and actually got to know her a little bit better. Before that, I just knew what I heard from the media, not from Britney herself. So seeing her in the documentary was definitely the point where I started falling in love with her

What was your first Britney Spears concert?

My first Britney Spears concert sadly didn’t happen yet. When she was doing her first tour for baby one more time I wasn’t even born yet just to put it into perspective. 
What is your favorite Britney Spears concert?

My favorite Britney Spears concert…that’s such a tough question! I mean we’re literally talking about the queen when it comes to performing and delivering electrifying, memorable shows. Concerning award shows I would probably have to say the bmas 1999 where she performed …Baby One More Time and (You Drive Me) Crazy. Not just because of the backflip! First of all, the beginning was just really cool and created such a nice atmosphere. The vocals for Baby were changed up and sounded so fresh. Tbh she should do these vocals for Piece of Me just like she did it with Toxic. It’s such a good performance from start to end yet so underrated. She’s so fierce and I simply love everything about it. Talking about concerts she’s done, I need to take the time to mention her iconic vma performances. Although I genuinely love ALL of them, my favorite one is the 2000 vma performance. I love love love the beginning where she sings her cover of I Can’t Get No Satisfaction. Her vocals are literally so soft and pure. And then she slowly walks downstairs and rips her pants and starts dancing. From that part on, you literally can’t keep your eyes off of her. She completely captivates you. When she’s standing in that circle, throwing her hair up n’ down (that song reference tho) you’re in this world with her and just want to leave your seat to dance on that stage with her. And omg at the end that freaking pose right after she says OOUH I DID IT AGAIN-SO ICONIC.
queen-2.jpg?w=700&ssl=1

What is your favorite Britney Spears perfume?

My favourite Britney Spears perfume is Fantasy (the actual, original Fantasy to be clear). I think the pink bottle is very cute and the scent is so sweet and I wear it almost everyday because it reminds me of her

What is your favorite Britney Spears song?

My favourite Britney song…that is honestly so hard up to not possible to decide. So I will change it a bit and choose my fave ballad, hip-hop song and pop song from her to make it easier. My fave ballad is definitely Everytime. It is such a masterpiece. The sadness in her voice really conveys the song’s message and that she wrote it herself and in Germany (where I live) makes it so much more beautiful for me. My fave hip-hop song is definitely (I Got That) Boom Boom. That song is criminally underrated and such a cool song to dance to. Some of my favourite pop songs (because I can’t decide) are Change Your Mind, He About To Lose Me and Slave. Because she has such a diversed discography, it’s extremely hard to pick a favourite

What is your favorite unreleased Britney Spears song?

„Let Go“ is my favourite unreleased Britney song. I wish she would have done more songs like this one. Although there was a chance for all these beautiful unreleased songs to be released on Original Doll but we all know how it ended 🙁 Anyways, the lyrics, the piano and the feeling in her voice makes it so much more meaningful and special.
queen-4.gif?w=700&ssl=1
What is your favorite photoshoot? 
My favourite photoshoot of hers is the one from 2000 were she’s at the beach, photographed by Jon Ragel.
Have you ever met Britney before, if so explain what you said to her!

I haven’t met Britney yet. But who knows what the future might hold. Just to be in her presence and hear her talk and have her look into your eyes would be so worth it.
What do you admire about Britney?

I admire Brits personality and abilities. She is someone worth looking up to. I especially admire her for her dance moves in her prime. Every single time I watch a video of her dancing, she takes me to another world. Her artistry, her facial expressions and energy are very fascinating and I never get this feeling when I watch somebody else dancing. I also greatly admire her strength during and after her breakdown. She kept going after everything that she’s been through. After so many celebrities and the media slandered her. She came into the spotlight again, got a number one hit and proofed everybody wrong. You need to have such a dedication and volition to be able to push through all the drama and start over. 
pop-1.jpg?resize=556%2C278&ssl=1
What is your favorite Britney TV moment? 

My favourite Britney TV Moment is her guest appearance on Will & Grace because she was so funny and the role was perfect for her. Another TV favourite is the ABC special for her album In the Zone because her dancing was on fire and she delivered some of the best performances in her career.
Favorite Britney Quote? 

My favourite Britney quote of all time is “I go through life like a Karate Kid“. The way she smiles when she says it and how happy she seems at that moment…It’s kind of naive and innocent, yet so powerful. When she said “They hear me but they’re really not listening“ I immediately could relate to it and this quote stuck with me.
Why do you love Britney Spears?

I love Britney Spears for so many reasons. But mainly just because I can relate to her so much. I see parts of myself in her, like characteristics. I feel like every fan has that with his/her fave. Britney has such a big heart and I love about her that she doesn’t really take herself too serious and is extremely goofy. She’s an incredible mother and cares so much about her kids.
Favorite song off “Glory”? 

My favourite song off Glory is without doubt Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés). It’s the first song I listened to when Glory came out. I opened Spotify, randomly clicked on a song and it was Change Your Mind. THAT WAS DEFINITELY NO COINCIDENCE. It totally should’ve been a single.
i-heart-1.gif?resize=559%2C314&ssl=1
Has Britney have helped or inspired you in your life?

Sometimes when I’m stressed or sad, I watch interviews or music videos of her and feel so much better afterwards. Quotes like “I go through life like a Karate Kid“ actually inspire me. But what most inspires me when it comes to Britney is her life and actions and decisions she’s made. She is an example of how it’s possible to recover. She’s a true inspiration.
Are you seeing Britney’s “Piece Of Me” tour? 

Yes, I am seeing Britney live on her Piece Of Me tour for the first time ever. I genuinely can’t believe I am able to say this. I would’ve never in my life thought this could be something real and that it could happen to me. But here I am, counting down the days and I am eternally grateful. I’m beyond excited to see her in front of my eyes. I am convinced that this day will be one of the best of my life !!
 Favorite memory Britney has done in her career that you loved?
Favourite memory would be Britney dancing with the snake Banana on the VMA stage.
Anything you would want to tell Britney if she was reading this? 

Britney: You’re a motherf*****g star and we, the Britney Army, will always have your back. You are my hero. Let’s go through life like a Karate Kid together.
thumbs-1.gif?w=700&ssl=1

View the full article

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic