My cousin is HIV Positive

Lascivious

I don't even know what to say, really. He lives in the US and I live in Canada. We built a close bond for over a year and we are super similar. He is not taking any medication and has been positive for 3 years now, yet he looks great and feels great, so I don't know what is going on. This is unheard in my family though. Like absolutely unheard.

I've always been super scared of people with HIV/Aids (please don't judge me, it just scares me), but now that I know a loved one is going through it, I'm there for them 110%.

I don't really know how to process how I feel about this. But I seriously want to take the nearest flight to where he is, go to some random country in Asia or Africa, and try to get some sort of healing or cure for this (yes, I believe in this kind of stuff that others deem crazy or insane).

Any advice on how to deal with this situation? And thank goodness I've always been super up-tight when it comes to sex and stuff like that, even though I am a kinky hoe, because I can't imagine what it would be like to be in my cousins position right now.

I am just super surprised he's still alive and has no issues for 3 years since being diagnosed. And he's been diagnosed twice. Blah. I don't know what to think. Maybe the doctors are wrong.

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, Lascivious said:

I don't even know what to say, really. He lives in the US and I live in Canada. We built a close bond for over a year and we are super similar. He is not taking any medication and has been positive for 3 years now, yet he looks great and feels great, so I don't know what is going on. This is unheard in my family though. Like absolutely unheard.

I've always been super scared of people with HIV/Aids (please don't judge me, it just scares me), but now that I know a loved one is going through it, I'm there for them 110%.

I don't really know how to process how I feel about this. But I seriously want to take the nearest flight to where he is, go to some random country in Asia or Africa, and try to get some sort of healing or cure for this (yes, I believe in this kind of stuff that others deem crazy or insane).

Any advice on how to deal with this situation? And thank goodness I've always been super up-tight when it comes to sex and stuff like that, even though I am a kinky hoe, because I can't imagine what it would be like to be in my cousins position right now.

I am just super surprised he's still alive and has no issues for 3 years since being diagnosed. And he's been diagnosed twice. Blah. I don't know what to think. Maybe the doctors are wrong.

Its so sad 'news' :crying3:

• 2 months later...

Lol Africa does not have a miracle cure for AIDs, it has the highest infection rate in the world. Btw i live in South Africa and my cousin who is also my best friend since we were kids is HIV positive. It took a long time for me to process it. This sudden expiration date placed on the person ive had around me my entire life. But it has sunk in and he is ok. He takes his meds and is in better health than i am actually. Im the end, we all have expiration dates that we ignore, his was just less easier to ignore but for all we know, he will outlive me. 

• 4 months later...

Yeah i think everyone knows there's no cure for it but It certainly is possible to live with HIV

I wouldn't act any differently around him, maybe try speaking to him about it and let him educate you or tell you how he's feeling.

I'm sure you've done this by now as this post was a while ago, it'd be interesting to get an update