What do you guys think about Onyx Tour Lisbon concert?

JonasSlave

I'm Portuguese, so it would be interesting to read your opinions.

I personaly love it, the incomplete stage leaves it more intimate and more ''Baby Tour'' - more dance and singing, less pyrotechnics and big screens.

I haven't saw it live, but I can give some insights and curiosities about this show.

It was broadcasted in 2004 by SIC Radical.

An un-official DVD was released by an European store, FNAC (it's like Target without the food/clothes stuff).

The DVD version has the SIC Radical logo blurred. It has Showtime logo instead.

Throughout the show, there's some audio problems, that made Britney angry af.

Portuguese fans sang Everytime during the Interlude.

The croud was euphoric - if you understand Portuguese, you can hear some swear words after people are told to shut the f* up.

Britney was looking beautiful af, blonde again and with a star on her cheek.

Finally, after the end of the concert, most of the people on the audience were interviewed. They've judged Britney's playback and audio fails.

ONYX.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

On 06/04/2018 at 1:16 AM, ☆☆☆MikeCZ☆☆☆ said:

If she heard those questions, so glad for it. She must hear from everyone how they want live vocals :zoomzoom:

But at the time, portuguese people didn't knew she did playback. 

Only rich people had access to internet, and knew that stuff. The same applies for the fans, as they only knew the lyrics to the songs if they had money to buy the CD.

Besides, if you notice, the Rock in Rio concert is not as good as Miami one. Not because of the stage props.

But because the production team didn't knew how massive the tour was. The lighting is bad, there's audio fails that made Britney pissed and on top of that, Britney looked really nervous and unconfortable with the audience. 

The concert was interesting since it was her second time performing at the Rock in Rio festival (first time during Oops tour), however there were several problems with the sound system (you could hear her faintly singing "Shadow" live underneath the playback), and they also cut "Oops" and "Touch Of My Hand". I always assumed they cut the latter song since it was most likely a family friendly festival and they wanted to maybe avoid controversy? Other than that, it was still entertaining, and it would be nice if an HD/HQ version of the concert existed. Does anyone have it?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HarajukuPunkBoy said:

The concert was interesting since it was her second time performing at the Rock in Rio festival (first time during Oops tour), however there were several problems with the sound system (you could hear her faintly singing "Shadow" live underneath the playback), and they also cut "Oops" and "Touch Of My Hand". I always assumed they cut the latter song since it was most likely a family friendly festival and they wanted to maybe avoid controversy? Other than that, it was still entertaining, and it would be nice if an HD/HQ version of the concert existed. Does anyone have it?

I'm remastering the whole concert, giving it a new edit, for making it look more like Miami's one.

Strangely, Britney performed that sexy block even with children in the audience. They just cut those songs to fit in the festival. The full concert is 1 h and a half. The RIR Lisbon version is only 70 minutes.

33 minutes ago, ImaSlave4Brit said:

I'm remastering the whole concert, giving it a new edit, for making it look more like Miami's one.

Strangely, Britney performed that sexy block even with children in the audience. They just cut those songs to fit in the festival. The full concert is 1 h and a half. The RIR Lisbon version is only 70 minutes.

I have seen the last 3 songs in HD, and YAY, I can't wait to see the whole concert in HD:shook:

Oh, is that why? I guess it makes sense. I guess the Zurich concert is the only time we see an "up close" performance of "Touch Of My Hand".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ☆☆☆MikeCZ☆☆☆ said:

lmao imoknocry.gif.75c6d2168e7d913f66bd1f93537e1735.gif

LOVE THAT GIF ICONIC.

10 minutes ago, ☆☆☆MikeCZ☆☆☆ said:

But at the time, portuguese people didn't knew she did playback. 

But it's true, babe. :moorangu: As soon the concert ended, Britney was making headlines for doing playback the whole time and for the MAGIC PIANO: in Everytime, she would get up from the piano and sing, while the piano continued to play.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HarajukuPunkBoy said:

She wasn't playing the piano?!:umomg::shockedd::bigshock:

I kinda figured, but at least Godney still managed to sing it live even with the sound issues in Libson:onyxney:

Even in Miami she wasn't playing it.

Although she sang live Everytime and Shadow on Miami, in Lisbon she only sang Evt live.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HarajukuPunkBoy said:

"Everytime" was probably done karaoke or maybe someone from the live band was playing the piano?

The only time in tour when she mimed the song was in the Denver date (3/15/2004). The same concert where she had shorter hair and some guy proposed to his gf on stage, aww.;)

I didn't knew that.

I love her look on Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena concert. In the Miami concert credits there's some sneak peeks of it, her straight brunette hair looked so nice.