Tulisa Contostavlos wins legal battle against Will.i.am and Britney Spears over Scream and Shout

JonasSlave

My opinion in all of this: Will.i.Am SUCKS :trollney:

The song was released in 2012 and topped the UK charts – giving Brit her first number 1 in over a decade – but Tulisa long maintained she co-wrote the hit before the Black Eyed Peas rapper took over and released it for himself and Britney. Former N-Dubz singer Tulisa wrote the track with Will’s producers back in the day as it was reportedly set to appear on her album The Female Boss under the title I Don’t Give A Fuck. However it was then said the song was ditched for Tulisa after Will’s producers didn’t like her version, releasing with the writing credits featuring will.i.am, Jef Martens and Jean Baptiste.

‘Tulisa was annoyed when the song was taken from her and given to Britney – especially as she co-wrote it,’ a source told Metro.co.uk ‘It was set to be one of the big songs on her debut album. She didn’t let it lie, and took it all the way to the courts and has now won. ‘She just wanted to be recognised as the writer of one of the biggest pop tracks of the last decade.’ The singer and X Factor judge sued Will, who admitted at the time: ‘Tulisa wrote to that song before I did – this is the truth. But the producers of the beat … didn’t want her to have it.’ During the court case, it was also found, though a fancy musicology report, Tulisa’s vocals were still present alongside Brit’s in the finally-released track. She’ll now be officially credited as a writer and has won 10 per cent of the world wide publishing rights and income for the record, after all money made from the track was frozen as soon as Tulisa launched her lawsuit in 2012.

Will.i.am and Britney Spears lose battle with Tulisa Contostavlos

Source: Metro UK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ImaSlave4Brit said:

It's a straight anthem. Most straight people I know like it, and Toxic too. 

I prefer Unusual You, my favorite :beauty: I miss that sadness in Britney's vocals

"Unusual You" is of the best songs she ever recorded. I hope she gives us more songs like UY. And BTMYH. Both... :tanisha: 

• Like 2

This is such a click baity article (not what you did, OP, just the general post). She didn’t sue Britney because Britney didn’t have writing credits. But obviously Britney is the attention grabber here. And it honestly sounds like this girl was owed that money so good for her. 

But I did laugh that this song was originally meant to be sung by a British girl and instead they got Britney to affect her terrible British accent I am CRYING 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

This is such a click baity article (not what you did, OP, just the general post). She didn’t sue Britney because Britney didn’t have writing credits. But obviously Britney is the attention grabber here. And it honestly sounds like this girl was owed that money so good for her. 

But I did laugh that this song was originally meant to be song by a British girl and instead they got Britney to affect her terrible British accent I am CRYING 

2007ney is shakin' :umomg: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

But I did laugh that this song was originally meant to be song by a British girl and instead they got Britney to affect her terrible British accent I am CRYING 

At least Britney did a window treatment :moorangu:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

Yeah, I know, I just decided to put the same title as the article. And I agree with you 100%!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josephthemerman said:

Do they really not like him anymore?:4music:

Or is it just salty Britney fans after he worked with her on an album the general public didn't like?:plzno:

Cause from what i see and hear, he's.... still doing really well for himself and his music:xf10:

i havent heard from him in a while and i never liked him tbh, the black eyed peas were great, but it wasnt because of will.i.am