Glory's number 1 debut was robbed and I will be forever mad about it

I_need_me

Thats pretty low for Lorde... And i thought album sales were at their lowest 2 years ago but no...its getting worse x.x

even Katy just did 180k only and even tho she didnt have a hit single its still pretty odd. (And a free ticket with every album)

there are practically no women anywhere on itunes albums and singles the way it was 2 years ago... Almost all acts are DJs and collaborations of unknown one hit wonders and Justin Beiber...

if i were Taylor i would reconsider going back to country because pop is clearly dying and even tho she could score the biggest week by an artist in 2017 it would unlikely break the 800k mark.

the good thing is that shes learning from others mistakes and reviews trends so shell be fine.

Still sad to see a once big industry dying.... Like Sears

Let's be real.... The Internet and digital streaming screwed the industry over :mhm: 

No one wants albums anymore, just singles. :oops: 

The #1 spots and all that are just bullcrap now cuz the bar to get #1 is slowing declining in sales :tbh: 

It's obvious that if you're not a "new" artist you're pretty much dead to the GP now.

Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Mariah Carey, even Britney may be HUGE artists, but it's obvious that the younger generations don't care about them as much :( Which is sad because without them, their artists wouldn't even exist in the industry.

Also it seems like no one wants to promote anymore due to costs :crying1: It's such a shame to see how artists are really suffering now

TBH I don't really pay much attention to what hit #1 or just makes to to #3 or whatever. If I listening to it and I like the sound then it is a #1 album to me and that is all that really matters. I know what your all gonna say though and that isn't all that really matters to the Artist or Record Company. Well maybe not, but really what are they making there Art for the fans and if the fans appreciate it and I believe many have than that is a huge positive. There have been many albums that have won Awards before that I have never heard of and I imagine they are great albums and I also think those Artists are extremely happy that they won awards for the albums even though they might not have gotten even one hit radio single off that album.