I guess this might be the one time I don't mind britney not singing live

Brian.TheDog

9 minutes ago, heather said:

At this point I feel like Britney is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. Singing live will only have people dragging her voice (no matter how flawless it may be) or accusing her of using playback. Doing playback/prerecorded vocals will still give her flack for lipping. Britney doesn't care about the criticisms or else she would attempt to change it up. With Britney people will always find a reason to hate her, even when those reasons are things they look over for other artists.

I honestly don't think it's that major with Britney because it's mostly stans that drag her & are jealous of her success but Britney has been getting a lot of praise (besides last years vmas , I blame MTV for that tho) .. the aritists that are the most successful are the main ones that get all the criticism, but in all honesty it wouldn't hurt to give it a try 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

I honestly don't think it's that major with Britney because it's mostly stans that drag her & are jealous of her success but Britney has been getting a lot of praise (besides last years vmas , I blame MTV for that tho) .. the aritists that are the most successful are the main ones that get all the criticism, but in all honesty it wouldn't hurt to give it a try 

It wouldn't hurt to try but I understand why she doesn't.

3 hours ago, BlackoutEgo said:

IMG_0906.PNG

she did show up to sound check, u can go on tmz and see what happened . She was having problems with the monitoring & the production team said they'll fix it and they never did. Ppl were hating on her last year and she just wanted to sound perfect for everyone but couldn't hear herself, but as for Britney she wouldn't of had a problems since she never used monitoring (although she should have so she could hear herself ) 

i understand that not hearing herself can cause stress for an artist

however...how come the dancers knew every step? wouldnt they have gotten lost too by not hearing the music on the fallback monitors?

3 hours ago, BlackoutEgo said:

IMG_0906.PNG

she did show up to sound check, u can go on tmz and see what happened . She was having problems with the monitoring & the production team said they'll fix it and they never did. Ppl were hating on her last year and she just wanted to sound perfect for everyone but couldn't hear herself, but as for Britney she wouldn't of had a problems since she never used monitoring (although she should have so she could hear herself ) 

I was just going on that she said they hadn't rehearsed that song. idk she said something about not doing a soundcheck, you can see it on the video.

3 minutes ago, Brian.TheDog said:

however...how come the dancers knew every step? wouldnt they have gotten lost too by not hearing the music on the fallback monitors?

Maybe they can hear just enough, like the beat and the bass...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian.TheDog said:

U should've posted these videos earlier lol. That video u posted showed me otherwise since there was no playback in it. Now this one definitely shows that, so I guess she was gonna sing a couple of songs live since there was no vocals on the tracks & the remaining songs would've been lipsynced. Atleast she was making an effort. Can't say the same for the other pop girlies 

4 hours ago, Brian.TheDog said:

That's a horrible comparison lol. Dancers don't have to sing or rely on the monitors and they also don't have to hear themselves. All they do is listen to the production of the music and go from there. Mariah was trying to hear her actual voice, not the production. 

6 hours ago, heather said:

It wouldn't hurt to try but I understand why she doesn't.

And that's exactly why she gets the flack she gets. If she show cased her talent it would shut ppl down. I know she has it, she just has to break thru it. I know her voice isn't as strong as it once was but if she stopped smoking & stays on top with her vocal coach like any other artist does then she would do just fine or atleast prerecord because I know it's tough for her due to her anxiety 

4 hours ago, Domino said:

I was just going on that she said they hadn't rehearsed that song. idk she said something about not doing a soundcheck, you can see it on the video.

She did rehearsal as proof in that tweet but didn't have sound check. Which doesn't make sense because soundcheck usually comes along with rehearsals since that's what it's for 

• Like 1

Mariah ruined her voice back in 1996 with her "Daydream" Tour, she never took proper care and rest and went to project after project. That's why her voice went husky around 1999. Mariah has used a backing track for the high/whistle notes as seen on New Years Eve video for Emotions and her horrible mic feed from 2014 Rockefeller. This will not effect nor hurt her just like 2014 after horrible mic feed leaked she signed a deal in Vegas.

1994 Before Daydream Tour:

1997 After Daydream Tour:

2014 Rockefeller Mic Feed:
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/isolated-unedited-vocals-of-mariah-careys-awful-holida-1666529981

7 hours ago, BlackoutEgo said:

U should've posted these videos earlier lol. That video u posted showed me otherwise since there was no playback in it. Now this one definitely shows that, so I guess she was gonna sing a couple of songs live since there was no vocals on the tracks & the remaining songs would've been lipsynced. Atleast she was making an effort. Can't say the same for the other pop girlies 

i've updated the video on the op and it has both performances