I guess this might be the one time I don't mind britney not singing live

Brian.TheDog

I think Britney would definitely handle it more professionally. Maybe she wouldn't sing much, but at least she would keep with the choreo to try to save the whole thing. The problem with Mariah is not that the backing track wasn't on, it is that she didn't give a fuck about the audience and acted all diva about it.

Plus, Britney's songs are not that hard to sing, she can do it. We saw her half-assing on Carpool Karaoke and she still can.

• Like 3

Britney doesn't wear, or use, in-ear monitors. So would this even happen to her? :lolokay:

Such a hot mess. :embarrassed: After watching her show, especially the team of people she now employs, it's no wonder this happened.  I do think technical issues are to blame and what lead her to being very lackadaisical here.  She could have salvaged this performance, somewhat, with  "We Belong Together" but already mentally checked out and just didn't care.    She will forever be regraded as one of the greatest voices ever so this performance isn't going to hurt her after this passes.  :lollipop:

• Like 1

What I don't get; why didn't she stop the performance, and start from the beginning? :kaysur:

I think Britney would handle it better tbh. I mean.. they must have prepared her for something to go wrong with her tracks. When you lip-sync every single song, the risk is much bigger. Like that Sia-Perfume-episode :howiroll:

• Like 1

So on reddit they were discussing this and these were the theories most popular:

1) Mariah probably didn't go to her soundcheck/they didn't soundcheck the song (she even said something about not doing a soundcheck for that song) and she thought she was completely lipping everything

2) She didn't have sound in her monitor and she couldn't hear the music (she also mentioned not having sound in her ear) so she definitely couldn't sing

She was lipping to Auld Lang Syne- badly- previous to the performance. It's entirely possible in my mind that her monitor was out/out of sync.

She could have handled it more professionally, although I wouldn't have done any better in front of 2 million people PLUS all the TV cameras.

They should have cut the music and had someone come up and try to fix her monitor, or pretend to, or something. Surely, halting the performance due to technical difficulties and then restarting would have been so much more professional/ less embarrassing for Mariah than her wandering around the stage for three minutes making embarrassed passive aggressive remarks.

I think Britney would  have just walked off the stage. I don't know why Mariah didn't. Maybe staying on stage was more professional. Idk, it didn't seem to be.

Honestly, though, it was such a Mariah thing to happen. She's such a diva hot mess and I love her for it lmao

EDIT: I will say, this isn't Mariah's first strike when it comes to lip sync fails, so it's hard to imagine this wasn't somehow partially her fault. idk, maybe she just has really bad luck with sound engineers/she pissed off their union a long time ago and now they all conspire to make her look like a fool.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Britney doesn't wear, or use, in-ear monitors. So would this even happen to her? :lolokay:

Such a hot mess. :embarrassed: After watching her show, especially the team of people she now employs, it's no wonder this happened.  I do think technical issues are to blame and what lead her to being very lackadaisical here.  She could have salvaged this performance, somewhat, with  "We Belong Together" but already mentally checked out and just didn't care.    She will forever be regraded as one of the greatest voices ever so this performance isn't going to hurt her after this passes.  :lollipop:

Right? Some people are all "her career is over" and I'm like, no, she's a legend. If the popsicle incident didn't kill her career, this absolutely won't lmao

• Like 1

5 hours ago, heather said:

I felt so bad for her. It's further proof that EVERYONE lips/uses playback, people need to get off Britney's back.

Where was the playback in that video tho? It was only the beat w/ her background singers. I do however agree that ppl should layoff Britney, she's been lipsyncing almost her entire career they should be used to it tbh it's nothing new. I just feel that they're harder with Britney because her voice is a mystery these days. No one knows what she sounds like live 

2 hours ago, Domino said:

So on reddit they were discussing this and these were the theories most popular:

1) Mariah probably didn't go to her soundcheck/they didn't soundcheck the song (she even said something about not doing a soundcheck for that song) and she thought she was completely lipping everything

2) She didn't have sound in her monitor and she couldn't hear the music (she also mentioned not having sound in her ear) so she definitely couldn't sing

She was lipping to Auld Lang Syne- badly- previous to the performance. It's entirely possible in my mind that her monitor was out/out of sync.

She could have handled it more professionally, although I wouldn't have done any better in front of 2 million people PLUS all the TV cameras.

They should have cut the music and had someone come up and try to fix her monitor, or pretend to, or something. Surely, halting the performance due to technical difficulties and then restarting would have been so much more professional/ less embarrassing for Mariah than her wandering around the stage for three minutes making embarrassed passive aggressive remarks.

I think Britney would  have just walked off the stage. I don't know why Mariah didn't. Maybe staying on stage was more professional. Idk, it didn't seem to be.

Honestly, though, it was such a Mariah thing to happen. She's such a diva hot mess and I love her for it lmao

EDIT: I will say, this isn't Mariah's first strike when it comes to lip sync fails, so it's hard to imagine this wasn't somehow partially her fault. idk, maybe she just has really bad luck with sound engineers/she pissed off their union a long time ago and now they all conspire to make her look like a fool.

IMG_0906.PNG

she did show up to sound check, u can go on tmz and see what happened . She was having problems with the monitoring & the production team said they'll fix it and they never did. Ppl were hating on her last year and she just wanted to sound perfect for everyone but couldn't hear herself, but as for Britney she wouldn't of had a problems since she never used monitoring (although she should have so she could hear herself ) 

32 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Where was the playback in that video tho? It was only the beat w/ her background singers. I do however agree that ppl should layoff Britney, she's been lipsyncing almost her entire career they should be used to it tbh it's nothing new. I just feel that they're harder with Britney because her voice is a mystery these days. No one knows what she sounds like live 

There was obvious playback during Emotions, that wasn't her background singers at all. Her voice is only a "mystery" because people are too harsh with their lip synching criticisms towards Britney when literally 90% of the music industry lips/uses playback for live performances and don't get nearly half of the same flack that Britney does.

11 minutes ago, heather said:

There was obvious playback during Emotions, that wasn't her background singers at all. Her voice is only a "mystery" because people are too harsh with their lip synching criticisms towards Britney when literally 90% of the music industry lips/uses playback for live performances and don't get nearly half of the same flack that Britney does.

The only thing that was used was the high note but other than that there wasn't any playback tbh. The industry is only that way with Britney because she doesn't showcase her talent, that's why ppl think otherwise of her. She literally lip syncs off of her cd tracks from nearly 2 decades ago & makes it obvious that she's lipsyncing but like I said before ppl should be used to it by now and just let her be, the only ppl giving her flack would mainly be from this generation

Just now, BlackoutEgo said:

The only thing that was used was the high note but other than that there wasn't any playback tbh. The industry is only that way with Britney because she doesn't showcase her talent, that's why ppl think otherwise of her. She literally lip syncs off of her cd tracks from nearly 2 decades ago & makes it obvious that she's lipsyncing but like I said before ppl should be used to it by now and just let her be, the only ppl giving her flack would mainly be from this generation

I know WHY she gets the criticism but I also know that she isn't the only one that should be criticized as harshly as she is because of it.

5 minutes ago, heather said:

I know WHY she gets the criticism but I also know that she isn't the only one that should be criticized as harshly as she is because of it.

and she isn't the only one, do u see what Mariah is going thru currently? She was literally boo'ed last night by the audience and cried herself off the stage & is still continuously getting dragged regardless of the receipts that are shown. 

1 minute ago, BlackoutEgo said:

and she isn't the only one, do u see what Mariah is going thru currently? She was literally boo'ed last night by the audience and cried herself off the stage & is still continuously getting dragged regardless of the receipts that are shown. 

I also stated that I felt bad for Mariah so I'm not sure why you're trying to still fight this point with me. At the end of the day this will blow over and Mariah will still be seen as the legend she is, while Britney will continue to be dragged for doing what 90% of her peers do (regardless of the way it's done, it's the same thing.)

5 minutes ago, heather said:

I also stated that I felt bad for Mariah so I'm not sure why you're trying to still fight this point with me. At the end of the day this will blow over and Mariah will still be seen as the legend she is, while Britney will continue to be dragged for doing what 90% of her peers do (regardless of the way it's done, it's the same thing.)

Im not even fighting with u boo. Just because there's disagreements in a simple conversation doesn't mean that we're fighting lol. I just feel like it's different with Britney because no matter what her peers still showcase their talent , sure they may lip to their prerecorded vocals at times but it isn't in a consistent basis & they don't over do it like what Britney does. This is something britney literally does thru out her career. The only way she's gonna shut ppl up is if she sings live in front of the public or atleast prerecord her vocals to make it seem that way & not make it obvious. It'll show them "hey I may lip sync but here's my chops" 

1 minute ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Im not even fighting with u boo. Just because there's disagreements in a simple conversation doesn't mean that we're fighting lol. I just feel like it's different with Britney because no matter what her peers still showcase their talent , sure they may lip to their prerecorded vocals at times but it isn't in a consistent basis & they don't over do it like what Britney does. This is something britney literally does thru out her career. The only way she's gonna shut ppl up is if she sings live in front of the public or atleast prerecord her vocals to make it seem that way & not make it obvious. It'll show them "hey I may lip sync but here's my chops" 

At this point I feel like Britney is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. Singing live will only have people dragging her voice (no matter how flawless it may be) or accusing her of using playback. Doing playback/prerecorded vocals will still give her flack for lipping. Britney doesn't care about the criticisms or else she would attempt to change it up. With Britney people will always find a reason to hate her, even when those reasons are things they look over for other artists.