Could a fan sue RCA for Myah Marie's alleged vocals on Britney Jean?

onyx09

I agree. Suing would be embarrassing. I always felt suing happens from some sort of trauma to your life. Heavy use of a backup singer really isn't stress I have in life. I love the album regardless of what some fans say isn't or is Britney. Still a Britney album to me and I always enjoy any new Britney music.

You can't sue britney for singing on every track. U can clearly hear her vocals and she is allowed to have background vocalist. She didn't credit anyone for get naked or early mornin and those were obviously not her.

well get naked is obviously Danja singing so it's fine (for us) and Early Mornin' ....hmmmmm, the flawlessness Penelope Magnet shall not be touched, so both case closed :)  and don't you bring HATLM coz brit's in the bkground

Britney has always used BG vocals in a way that it's like she's the main singer of a group. They modeled her sound kind of in the BSB mold. The only reason this is of any issue on BJ is because Myah can sing like Britney even if she has never actually sounded like Britney until Passenger where people are trying to say Britney isn't in the chorus when I can hear Britney singing in the chorus. There is Obvious Vocal mixing of someone not exactly Britney in that song but none of it sounds like Myah's usual vocals. Imo. I wasn't shocked when She wasn't credited though people were saying it was Myah. I Figured it was just Sia and a lot of computers. If Britney is in fact Mixed in the chorus of Passenger I just don't see now anyone has any issue with BJ. I know there is some Myah on Body ache when she's not officially credit except as writer but I don't really care about that song :P

First I wanna say that I can't believe a self proclaimed "MJ fan" would take on his estate over something so trivial. I mean C'mon we are talking about Michael fucking Jackson here, you know they've got a huge team protecting the Jackson family and Michael's estate. He/she is certainly fighting a losing battle here, but I wish them good luck because I'm almost certain they will lose and wind up paying a shitload of legal fees.

As far as Britney is concerned, I personally don't know or care if Myah did help out on Britney Jean or not. I think another member said this in this thread, but it's clear you hear Britney on most of the lead vocals anyway. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why some of the fan base would be in uproar over this issue and I get why it's such a "scandalous" topic amongst us fanatics. However, that being said, I also feel that a portion of the fan base are quick to doubt Britney's abilities. She did say on Twitter how she was seeing a vocal couch during the sessions. I personally feel like it shows on this album that she's vocally improved and we got her best vocal performance in years. I'm not just looking at "Passenger," but look at songs like "Alien," "Hold On Tight," "Perfume," "Till It's Gone," and hell even "Work Bitch" has it's moments where she sounds fantastic.

So to answer your question on if a fan could sue RCA over the whole Myah drama, I guess they could try but highly doubt anyone would be successful. I also feel that the suit would do nothing but give Britney really bad press and if you are so called fan of her's you wouldn't want that for her. 

I can't at those people who believe Britney sang all verses on BJ. :thatsweird:

Have you ever read about the BJ production? It was produced really fast and messy. Britney recorded a lot of songs during summer 2013 but most of them were cancelled from BJ because RCA wanted something fresh.

In September and October 2013, they wanted Britney in studio again to record more vocals but she was too busy doing Vegas rehearshals, London and stuff so they contacted Myah, she went to the studio and recorded the rest.

Bitches please, will.i.am doesn't care about vocals in his music. He just cares about the beat. So does it really matter to him, is it Myah or Britney on the track? Lol no. :lolkbye:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 years later...
On 6/12/2014 at 6:43 PM, blackoutbaby09 said:

I don't believe the whole Myah Marie shit. Britney Spears has sang on all of her other albums, so why would they suddenly get a backup singer to sing songs for her on this one? It just doesn't add up.  :idc1:

Sis... it's pretty clear she didn't sing a lot of the BJ album lol. They used Myah because they rushed BJ out the door while Britney was busy putting POM together. In IABJ Adam even says "we're trying to get this show put together... and we also have the album to finish." It's obvious where their priority was, and BJ was just a promo album for the POM shows. It actually does add up why they would use her backup singer's vocals, and just listen to the songs. If you know her voice, it's clear as day when it's Myah.

• Awesome 1

On 6/13/2014 at 10:42 PM, imkindafat said:

if someone does it, i hope he or she also sues Cathy Dennis and that Penelope girl for having their vocals used as the lead in Toxic and Early Mornin' off ITZ as well.

U know, just to make it fair for the dearest Myah.

I’m truly shocked there was only one person who has even mentioned this. Toxic is heavily supported by Cathy Dennis. Even her earlier work, during the glorious early aughts when it seemed that every bubblegum pop song was supported by a choir in the back. Heck, listen to Stronger vs Stronger from POM, the lack of Max Martin and his choir makes it sound super fresh and different.

even He About to Lose Me, the background singers basically sing the entire chorus. 

I think all all the controversy came from the fact that they did they same thing they were doing for years, but did it with a backup singer who does impersonations of our girl, mixed with reaaaaally bad production. It’s almost a dream of mine that the entire album’s multitracks would leak and an extremely talented fan (I.e. the one who did Bare) would redo the entire album. It wouldn’t completely fix the vocal’s bad production, but at least it would hide the album’s other atrocities. 

Britney Jean is an extremely low point in Britney’s career. Sure, it is also the same era that launched her EXTREMELY successful Vegas residency, but it also brought her most criticized album. She’s since given us one of the best album’s since she’s started and it’s inevitable that she’ll top herself again and again. Let’s move past this era. Appreciate it for what it was, and focus on her current and future eras.

9 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

I’m truly shocked there was only one person who has even mentioned this. Toxic is heavily supported by Cathy Dennis. Even her earlier work, during the glorious early aughts when it seemed that every bubblegum pop song was supported by a choir in the back. Heck, listen to Stronger vs Stronger from POM, the lack of Max Martin and his choir makes it sound super fresh and different.

even He About to Lose Me, the background singers basically sing the entire chorus. 

I think all all the controversy came from the fact that they did they same thing they were doing for years, but did it with a backup singer who does impersonations of our girl, mixed with reaaaaally bad production. It’s almost a dream of mine that the entire album’s multitracks would leak and an extremely talented fan (I.e. the one who did Bare) would redo the entire album. It wouldn’t completely fix the vocal’s bad production, but at least it would hide the album’s other atrocities. 

Britney Jean is an extremely low point in Britney’s career. Sure, it is also the same era that launched her EXTREMELY successful Vegas residency, but it also brought her most criticized album. She’s since given us one of the best album’s since she’s started and it’s inevitable that she’ll top herself again and again. Let’s move past this era. Appreciate it for what it was, and focus on her current and future eras.

I hear Britney in main vocals, it's just like that "adlibs" are messed up as main vocals.