Reasons glory flopped

werkit89

1.Promo was too late (not enough glory in the actual promo)

2.The released make me video was shit

3.No 2nd single

4. Make me was a weak 1st choice 

5. Boring repetitive scripted interviews (jonathon Ross was an exception)

Team britney fucked up once again

It's a waste of a fantastic album britney and her team pissed it up the wall 

Plus note the performances we got were fantastic except for the today show what the actual fuck??:smokeney:

Feel free to add your own

• Like 2

I feel like the main reason is Make Me's performance on the charts and how little support it got by the radio stations. These days the only music that the GP buys is the one they keep hearing on the radio, so if Make Me had become a hit maybe Glory would've done better. For the next single they need a good MV that compliments the song and gathers many views, some good radio deals to keep the song playing and some good, effective promo in time! Either way, Glory's first week sales are good, especially because we can guess that a 90% of them came from the fans, SO this tells me that this fandom is still strong, we can still take Britney to the top of the charts, so once she gets a little support from the GP aswell she'll do incredibly good :yes:

• Like 3

The problem is not really her team. Britney is in charge this time...

1. The make me music video was pretty aweful...

2. Britney lost thousands of fans since 2004 because she couldn't perform at all until recently. One bad era after the other...

Let's appreciate an amazing album and her awesome performances though!!! She gave us a great gift for waiting all those years for her to recover!!! 

• Like 4

LMAO I CANT BREATHE !!! I can't at y'all making excuses! How was the promo "too late" if she literally had a bunch of promo the same week prior to the release? And plus she performed 2 days after at the vmas. Then the same week as the vmas she had radio interviews, iHeartRadio playing her album in full on the radio, Sirius playing her album in full, the today show ..etc 

she literally had a bunch of promo going on the same week as the release & after. Y'all just need to accept that Britney is no longer a selling artist. Just be happy with the good quality album y'all have. Now about the second single, y'all seriously need to be patient I mean look at the waiting period between single during ff era & prior. Also an artist is nothing without the gp, the fans can't do it on their own. Britney has promoted so much and still go nowhere. It's just clear the gp doesn't find her appealing anymore . It's also tough because of Britney's age, radio only plays the younger generation of music (ageism at its finest) 

• Like 3

RCA didn't ship enough units when it was released to begin with, how many people here weren't able to get the album or only 1 or 2 there. IMO there aren't any hits on the album, don't get me wrong Glory is great album but there is no massive hit on the album. Britney Jean underperformed and I'm sure RCA reminded Britney and team about that, after the video mess up and  weak sales of the lead single...RCA threw in the towel, Team Britney needs to pick it up. She hasn't done interviews in awhile why there isn't so much focus on Glory.

Best idea for team Britney is AMAs performing medley from Glory...test out which song did well. FF did great and the general public loved Britney, whatever happened between that and BJ release I'll never know

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Johnnyda said:

RCA didn't ship enough units when it was released to begin with, how many people here weren't able to get the album or only 1 or 2 there. IMO there aren't any hits on the album, don't get me wrong Glory is great album but there is no massive hit on the album. Britney Jean underperformed and I'm sure RCA reminded Britney and team about that, after the video mess up and  weak sales of the lead single...RCA threw in the towel.

Regardless of the units she still would've flopped either way. We live in a digital world now where she still couldn't even sell with that & believe me there's tons of songs that have potential to be hits but when u have the GP that doesn't really find U appealing anymore & radio hosts that refuse to play simply because of age there's not a great turn out for that. 

• Like 1

I feel the reason why the album flopped is because Make Me... didn't gain much support. It's an actual great song but the fans dropped it once the MV came out. They didn't deliver a good MV and that set the tone for the era. Now, they might release a second single in Nov/Dec but I feel it might be way too late (if they even do)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3isacharm said:

I feel the reason why the album flopped is because Make Me... didn't gain much support. It's an actual great song but the fans dropped it once the MV came out. They didn't deliver a good MV and that set the tone for the era. Now, they might release a second single in Nov/Dec but I feel it might be way too late (if they even do)

Agreed She didn't perform it until 2 months after it released 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, werkit89 said:

Agreed She didn't perform it until 2 months after it released 

It doesn't matter about the duration of it, she still promoted it regardless & if the gp found it appealing then they would of bought it. She didn't perform hold it against me until 2 months later & it went #1  so there's no excuses. She's just isn't a selling artist anymore

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Regardless of the units she still would've flopped either way. We live in a digital world now where she still couldn't even sell with that & believe me there's tons of songs that have potential to be hits but when u have the GP that doesn't really find U appealing anymore & radio hosts that refuse to play simply because of age there's not a great turn out for that. 

People still buy hard copy albums if you miss out on them, it's less albums sold. There is no Oops, Toxic, Against Me, or The World Ends  on this album. No massive hit. Radio is joke and works on payola, that's why Lady Gaga song isn't on the radio 24/7, her label isn't paying for it anymore. Madonna has age problems not Britney, Gwen Stefani who is much older than Britney, Gwen had great success single for " I Use To Love You" ...so the age point isn't towards Britney, she's much to young 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnnyda said:

People still buy hard copy albums if you miss out on them, it's less albums sold. There is no Oops, Toxic, Against Me, or The World Ends  on this album. No massive hit. Radio is joke and works on payola, that's why Lady Gaga song isn't on the radio 24/7, her label isn't paying for it anymore. Madonna has age problems not Britney, Gwen Stefani who is much older than Britney, Gwen had great success single for " I Use To Love You" ...so the age point isn't towards Britney, she's much to young 

Digital sales in this generation outweighs the physical copies so u can keep convincing yourself otherwise if you'd like. Also you're clearly delusional if u think radio plays music from 35+ they don't even play Beyoncés music ffs ? But the thing is she has the gp behind her which helps her sale. The younger generation of music is what mostly gets played on radio, also Gwen did not have great success for "I used to love u" it literally debut at 53 ? .. the gp just isn't interested in Britney anymore & isn't a sales artist. All she has is her fans now and y'all need to accept that. Just appreciate the good quality music she's giving u and move on 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Digital sales in this generation outweighs the physical copies so u can keep convincing yourself otherwise if you'd like. Also you're clearly delusional if u think radio plays music from 35+ they don't even play Beyoncés music ffs ? But the thing is she has the gp behind her which helps her sale. The younger generation of music is what mostly gets played on radio, also Gwen did not have great success for "I used to love u" it literally debut at 53 ? .. the gp just isn't interested in Britney anymore & isn't a sales artist. All she has is her fans now and y'all need to accept that. Just appreciate the good quality music she's giving u and move on 

I never said it doesn't your just looking to pick a fight, but there are some people who like to have physical copies of the albums. Beyoncé's radio plays have always been good and I use to love you clocked in at #3 http://beaconstreetonline.net/gwen-stefani/used-to-love-you-debuts-on-the-billboard-charts. You keep stating she's over but yet even her flop album makes news. So maybe you need to accept that good or bad Britney is news.

• Like 1

There was really an opportunity for magic to happen, but Britney and her team dropped the ball multiple times.

It's like us as fans had to keep rehyping ourselves after every blunder.

-The album cover

-the make me video

-the underwhelming vma performance

It gets exhausting. For me the biggest issue is that Britney is still being marketed like it's 2001. The party girl, hyper sexuality being pushed in every album, when we know britney isnt really like that. The performances with the showgirl outfits and bad lip syncing are sooooooo 2000. Britney needs a revamp fast. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Johnnyda said:

I never said it doesn't your just looking to pick a fight, but there are some people who like to have physical copies of the albums. Beyoncé's radio plays have always been good and I use to love you clocked in at #3 http://beaconstreetonline.net/gwen-stefani/used-to-love-you-debuts-on-the-billboard-charts. You keep stating she's over but yet even her flop album makes news. So maybe you need to accept that good or bad Britney is news.

No one is picking a fight it's just that you're finding it hard to accept. I also never stated Britney was over (don't put words in my mouth) I just simply said the gp no longer finds interest in her anymore & she's no longer a sales artist. If that has u so bothered than Idk what to tell u. I'm just keeping it real. You can use the radio stats in regards to Gwen all u want honey but obviously they weren't playing her that much if she landed at 52 on the charts especially seeing that radio air play also counts towards charts. The thing is I have accepted that Britney will no longer sell & get another #1 so there's nothing else beyond that for me to accept rather than that. You're just having a hard time accepting that yourself. You like Glory right?! Than that's all that should matter to you. We got a good quality album to last us another 3 years

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

No one is picking a fight it's just that you're finding it hard to accept. I also never stated Britney was over (don't put words in my mouth) I just simply said the gp no longer finds interest in her anymore & she's no longer a sales artist. If that has u so bothered than Idk what to tell u. I'm just keeping it real. You can use the radio stats in regards to Gwen all u want honey but obviously they weren't playing her that much if she landed at 52 on the charts especially seeing that radio air play also counts towards charts. The thing is I have accepted that Britney will no longer sell & get another #1 so there's nothing else beyond that for me to accept rather than that. You're just having a hard time accepting that yourself. You like Glory right?! Than that's all that should matter to you. We got a good quality album to last us another 3 years

That the public no longer cares and she's not a sales artist means she's over because no label will carry someone who doesn't sell. You don't have me bothered and I really couldn't carless because your not stating facts, nothing hard to accept chart placement never ever mattered to me. Gwen landed #3  Britney landed 52...I'm just glad she made an album, your the one who keeps bashing it....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnnyda said:

IMO there aren't any hits on the album, don't get me wrong Glory is great album but there is no massive hit on the album. 

My parents said the same thing when I bought the cd and put it to listen to in the car. Each song they skipped and said, where is the Toxic? Where is the BOMT, the Till the World Ends? There's nothing really hit wise :crying2: I was heartbroken, cuz I love Glory so much 

the only songs they said they liked were: Love Me Down, Hard to forget Ya, Liar, and Change Your Mind 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyda said:

That the public no longer cares and she's not a sales artist means she's over because no label will carry someone who doesn't sell. You don't have me bothered and I really couldn't carless because your not stating facts, nothing hard to accept chart placement never ever mattered to me. Gwen landed #3  Britney landed 52...I'm just glad she made an album, your the one who keeps bashing it....

Just because the public doesn't particularly care for a person or if the artist doesn't sell well doesn't mean they're career is over LMAO! I swear u need to stay off stan twitter for a while ? Her career is still going isn't it? Also they're not going to drop her lol she's a major artist that has been in the industry  for nearly 20 years. The only thing they can do is cut her era short just like Bj. I actually am stating facts it's just that you're one of the delusional stans that still thinks she still sells well & can get a number 1 ?.  And sweetie Britney did. It land at 52 you're really confused and do not even do your research. Gwen landed at 52 on the charts & Britney landed at 17 . I also didn't bash glory , there u go again putting words in my mouth just to use for ur defense but it's clearly not working.i clearly stated that I love the album and we should just appreciate the qualitative of it