"Britney Spears New Album Is Already A Surprising Flop"

MakeMySugarFall

Unfortunately, it is a flop indeed.

It made decent debuts in most countries just because the remaining fans supported it but that's it...

And it's not because Britney and her team didn't do things right this time. They did for the most part. But who would wait Britney to recover? It took her 12 YEARS since 2004...:frenchy:

The worst thing is that we'll end up having just one single with one of her worst videos ever for this era.

The best thing is that we already have plenty of performances!!!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Dragneel said:

Unfortunately, it is a flop indeed.

It made decent debuts in most countries just because the remaining fans supported it but that's it...

And it's not because Britney and her team didn't do things right this time. They did for the most part. But who would wait Britney to recover? It took her 12 YEARS since 2004...:frenchy:

The worst thing is that we'll end up having just one single with one of her worst videos ever for this era.

The best thing is that we already have plenty of performances!!!

Fuck RCA 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackoutEgo said:

A surprising flop? After BJ why would it be such a shocker? Lol

I think it's because unlike BJ it got great reviews and a lot of articles were written in anticipation. That being said, her promo strategy this era is ... interesting. I still think single #2 can save the album. Not make it a #1 and probably not even a top 10, but it can and should be doing much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

I think it's because unlike BJ it got great reviews and a lot of articles were written in anticipation. That being said, her promo strategy this era is ... interesting. I still think single #2 can save the album. Not make it a #1 and probably not even a top 10, but it can and should be doing much better.

I don't think it would save it TBH .. she promoted the fuck out of make me and all it did was redebut but thats it.as long as the gp ain't eating it up it's gonna flop

• Like 1

She sell her ass off since baby one more time till femme fatale, she isnt copeting because she win a lot of fights in her past., glory is one of her best álbum , and fuck the market, she is britney spears, a legend, an icone, she owns the world with 17 years old and everyone in this planet know who Britney Spears is... there is no need to compite with others artists because she is in another level.,

enjoy this era, she never seems that happy since 2003 i think , she is killing it in her performances. I prefer the things like this and not a great seller but unhappy person (like circus and ff eras)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AudioBritneyBeats said:

I'm so over this bullshit "flop" stuff - Shut up and Enjoy the music. Who cares how much it sells. Where it charts.

My god. Some of you make it really hard to be on this site, because you  kill EVERYTHING with your negativity. 

1 hour ago, Matiti said:

She sell her ass off since baby one more time till femme fatale, she isnt copeting because she win a lot of fights in her past., glory is one of her best álbum , and fuck the market, she is britney spears, a legend, an icone, she owns the world with 17 years old and everyone in this planet know who Britney Spears is... there is no need to compite with others artists because she is in another level.,

enjoy this era, she never seems that happy since 2003 i think , she is killing it in her performances. I prefer the things like this and not a great seller but unhappy person (like circus and ff eras)

I agree with both of you. We should be focusing on the music and her art instead of the sales.

However, Britney is part of the mainstream pop music which means that if she can't sell anymore, we'll have low budget videos and just one or two singles IF she keeps releasing music!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlackoutEgo said:

I don't think it would save it TBH .. she promoted the fuck out of make me and all it did was redebut but thats it.as long as the gp ain't eating it up it's gonna flop

I think she should've moved on from MM awhile ago when it was clear the GP wasn't buying what she was selling. Oh well. 

18 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

The idea that you can't appreciate britney's output while also criticizing accepts of her career is ludicrous. Stop the holier than thou bullshit. 

the difference is that this army has been told many many many times what Britney's priorities are, yet, they continue to ignore this and bitch & complain about shit, that truthfully, NOBODY CARES ABOUT. The music industry is dying, and if you truly  believe an artist 20 years entire her SOLO career, can still be pulling in the same numbers as when she was in her prime & when the  music industry was at it's peak, then that's on you, and people have every right to tell you to shut up.

You aren't criticizing anything but your own damn expectations.

RCA doesn't expect Britney to be pulling in big ole numbers. They aren't expecting her to be #1 for weeks. THEY ARE LETTING HER BE THE ARTIST SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN DENIED THE RIGHT TO BE. We get one of Britney's most critically acclaimed album in years, one that EVERYONE is nuts for, one that reeks of Creativity..............and you care about how much it fking sells?  Stop. 

Like, the negativity and the "Criticizing" is what is killing this era, and the support fans have for her. 
Y'all bitched about promotion - and when she does crazy amounts of promo, y'all still aren't happy and complain. 
It's ridiculous. 

Glory was her Highest charting album in over 10 countries, in almost 5-10 years.......and y'all say it's a flop? Fuck No. 
The album has been streamed over 100 million times....flop? Nope.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

I think she should've moved on from MM awhile ago when it was clear the GP wasn't buying what she was selling. Oh well. 

Well 3 months is a good waiting time period to release a single TBH. It's clear they want longevity. If u guys want a single that fast then you're only dying for the era to finish quickly just like bj lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AudioBritneyBeats said:

the difference is that this army has been told many many many times what Britney's priorities are, yet, they continue to ignore this and bitch & complain about shit, that truthfully, NOBODY CARES ABOUT. The music industry is dying, and if you truly  believe an artist 20 years entire her SOLO career, can still be pulling in the same numbers as when she was in her prime & when the  music industry was at it's peak, then that's on you, and people have every right to tell you to shut up.

You aren't criticizing anything but your own damn expectations.

RCA doesn't expect Britney to be pulling in big ole numbers. They aren't expecting her to be #1 for weeks. THEY ARE LETTING HER BE THE ARTIST SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN DENIED THE RIGHT TO BE. We get one of Britney's most critically acclaimed album in years, one that EVERYONE is nuts for, one that reeks of Creativity..............and you care about how much it fking sells?  Stop. 

Like, the negativity and the "Criticizing" is what is killing this era, and the support fans have for her. 
Y'all bitched about promotion - and when she does crazy amounts of promo, y'all still aren't happy and complain. 
It's ridiculous. 

Glory was her Highest charting album in over 10 countries, in almost 5-10 years.......and y'all say it's a flop? Fuck No. 
The album has been streamed over 100 million times....flop? Nope.

I literally have never said I care about how much it sells. I shared an article written about her as I do every article I come across that I believe hasn't been shared before. As far as I saw in this thread, people have been generally polite and sharing their opinions. No one needs to tell anyone to shut up or think differently. That's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Well 3 months is a good waiting time period to release a single TBH. It's clear they want longevity. If u guys want a single that fast then you're only dying for the era to finish quickly just like bj lol

This is true lol. I think I'm more curious as to what her pick will be for the second single than anything. I've read a ton of "rumors" (which are probably all false), so I just really want to know!

Just now, MakeMySugarFall said:

This is true lol. I think I'm more curious as to what her pick will be for the second single than anything. I've read a ton of "rumors" (which are probably all false), so I just really want to know!

Well it's Britney/ label/ & her team we are talking about here, so u have to think less with them. They might just release private show or DYWCO as a single TBH. They already have good enough footage to turn private show into an MV & she already has the moves down for DYWCO so that's pretty much what I'm expecting. Although I want 'love me down' ugh sigh 

Just now, BlackoutEgo said:

Well it's Britney/ label/ & her team we are talking about here, so u have to think less with them. They might just release private show or DYWCO as a single TBH. They already have good enough footage to turn private show into an MV & she already has the moves down for DYWCO so that's pretty much what I'm expecting. Although I want 'love me down' ugh sigh 

I cosign Love Me Down. I am *obsessed* with that song. 

3 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Same !!!! I listen to that song more than I do all the other songs. It's so good, it definitely gives me "the hookup" vibes and I can just imagine her performing it 

And I think you could have some great video concepts with that song. Tbh though, I have a feeling DYWCO will be the second single, like you said. I don't mind that song, but I think there's stronger material on the album. :/ Could produce a great video, too though.