Will Perfect Illusion be competition for the next single?

Ricki Lake

6 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

I don't think we have anything to worry about tbh, but what do you think?

I think our queen has got this one

rIMvrAw.gif

I agree. I think Lady Gaga and Britney are both in that interesting period in their careers where the fans will definitely stan whatever they put out - and the GP may take a listen or not. I'm excited to hear LG's new single, though - AND WHATEVER/WHENEVER BRITNEY DECIDES TO PUT OUT HER SECOND ONE DAMMIT.

• Like 1

Just now, MakeMySugarFall said:

I agree. I think Lady Gaga and Britney are both in that interesting period in their careers where the fans will definitely stan whatever they put out - and the GP may take a listen or not. I'm excited to hear LG's new single, though - AND WHATEVER/WHENEVER BRITNEY DECIDES TO PUT OUT HER SECOND ONE DAMMIT.

It's already out! http://www.iheart.com/news/listen-to-lady-gagas-new-song-15089648/

1 minute ago, rockmein said:

That song is a mess, Perfect Delusion is far worse than anything I heard on Artpoop. Her fans are delusional if they think this is good or even better than Bad Romance :gloria:

Agreed, and I really like Gaga for the most part! But that song - it's just not good. We'll see what happens and what the numbers look like once the immediate impact of her stans dies down, but god - bad song imo.

• Like 3

Yes - Unless we request the absolute shit out of the 2nd single.
Lady Gaga is a radio darling. They love her. Britney is not. We've had to fight to get Make Me played.

And that's what this forum isn't realizing. Make Me isn't taking off because Radio is n ot playing it, and we are not requesting it.

If we want 2nd single to smash - WE NEED TO REQUEST LIKE THE FF DAYS - or else, yes, Lady Gaga's terrible new single will do better. 

Gaga needed something BIG. Like a Bad Romance 2.0 - this was her moment to seize.

She needed her "Toxic", her "Like A Prayer" - "Perfect Illusion" is a solid song but a far cry from her "Glory" days and honestly instantly forgettable.

What makes the song even more of a disappointment is the talent involved.

How the hell does Mark Ronson, Tame Impala and Bloodpop combined only come up with this?

But at least most of the little monster fan base aren't delusional and are actually dragging their fave on youtube/twitter and other forums.

The song is good (A far cry from horrible) but Gaga needed something amazing and this isn't it.

I'm also loling at any critics who give this song a better review than they gave Britney's singles/Album because anything off "Glory" sounds better than it.

:paper:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Universe>Exhale said:

Gaga needed something BIG. Like a Bad Romance 2.0 - this was her moment to seize.

She needed her "Toxic", her "Like A Prayer" - "Perfect Illusion" is a solid song but a far cry from her "Glory" days and honestly instantly forgettable.

What makes the song even more of a disappointment is the talent involved.

How the hell does Mark Ronson, Tame Impala and Bloodpop combined only come up with this?

But at least most of the little monster fan base aren't delusional and are actually dragging their fave on youtube/twitter and other forums.

The song is good (A far cry from horrible) but Gaga needed something amazing and this isn't it.

I'm also loling at any critics who give this song a better review than they gave Britney's singles/Album because anything off "Glory" sounds better than it.

This is her Perfume :moorangu:

• Like 1

Honestly I expected much better form Gaga. Perfect Illusion is terrible. If it does well it's gonna be cuz the Little Monsters are extremely powerful but I don't expect it to be even a fraction of Applause's success- certainly nowhere near any of her Born This Way, The Fame or The Fame Monster era success. I think Gaga's pop career is dead. :lollistare:

• Like 1

Here's the truth: I doubt either of them being big. I think at this point both have sizzled out. Artpop FLOPPED hard, and who the fuck even listened to her jazz album aside from Monsters and general pop fans? Perfect Illusion is crap tbqh. However, I also think that Britney's time has passed in most people's eyes (not saying she deserves to be passed up on, Glory era has been great so far), so I kinda doubt either of them will have massive IWG/Bad Romance successes

EDIT: I would love to be surprised by Queen Britney tho.

• Like 1

On 2016-09-09 at 6:10 PM, therealmgo said:

Here's the truth: I doubt either of them being big. I think at this point both have sizzled out. Artpop FLOPPED hard, and who the fuck even listened to her jazz album aside from Monsters and general pop fans? Perfect Illusion is crap tbqh. However, I also think that Britney's time has passed in most people's eyes (not saying she deserves to be passed up on, Glory era has been great so far), so I kinda doubt either of them will have massive IWG/Bad Romance successes

EDIT: I would love to be surprised by Queen Britney tho.

LOL lbr OK.

I am reading that Gaga is suppose to sell around the 100k mark for PI first week.

Britney sold 92k with "Make Me..." 18 years into her career.

Js.

For GAGA its a HUGE disappointment, for Britney it's underwhelming BUT still impressive considering the damage "Pretty Girls", "Britney Jean" and the "Make Me..." video controversy did to "Glory"

It will because Gaga's fanbase is really strong, the GP and the media pay a lot of attention to her and she's gonna promote like crazy. Besides, the song is good, I'm sure that with an impactful MV, some radio support and some promo performances it's gonna do really well. I feel like you're underrating Lady Gaga, she's still a big name! Of course, with the right single choice and marketing, Glory's second single can still do incredibly well aswell, there's room for more than one queen on the market, let them both have their moment and don't act like one's success will kill the other's :bomt: