Throwback Thursday: Britney’s 2000 MTV Video Music Awards Performance! #VMAs

News

VMA 1

Happy Throwback Thursday everyone!

In honor of it being “Throwback Thursday” we figured to take a trip down memory lane to one of Britney’s iconic performance, her 2000 MTV Video Music Award performance! It was the year 2000, and she was the opening act. The routine was full of hair flipping , carefully choreographed moves and an ICONIC performance. She was on the top of her game as always! Britney was a teenager at this time but it certainly did not stop her from performing an amazing performance.

Those MOVES. That ENERGY. Everything about this performance was EVERYTHING! We know she will be bringing this type of iconic performance to the iHeartRadio festival! Be sure to keep telling Britney what songs you would like to see her perform. Click here!

View the full article

I could watch this performance over and over and over again like :shockedd::shockedd::shockedd:

It is my all-time favorite Britney performance. I remember the day after this performance in the grocery store and in the checkout line all the tabloids were of this performance. One of the headlines said "BRITNEY SPEARED." It was such a huge controversy to wear that outfit.  Now, 16 years later, look at how many have tried duplicating that outfit and failed. There's only one.

• Like 3

I think this is THE performance that got people's attention and was like "so this is Britney" That why its so iconic this performance really set the tone of the type of artist she was gonna become and is. Imagine rehearsing for this and even moments before performing and not knowing the MAGNITUDE of this on you. So iconic

NOT TO MOTHERF**KIN MENTION the absolute PERRRRRRRFECT remixed version of Oops this is literally the BEST oops version ever like omg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BLACKOUTBRlT said:

Janet and Britney... imagine a collab :shook:

I KNOW!!!!  :wahlykeomg: Out of all the artist i think that a collab with Janet can be so interesting!

I mean, she has said that Janet is one of her idols (along with Madonna, Prince, and Michael), just imagine how cool the choreography would be!!!  :soexcited2: i can't even :britdrown:

• Like 1