Play the damn music video please

Jeffrey

I totally understand the disappointment.. but don't let this era die - if it flops hard, it could be the last album from our homegirl. Maybe it was a bad decision, but the music we have so far is great, her body is on fire (after a decade) and she's actually doing promo - she's been on Jimmy Kimmel, done the BBMA's, probably will perform at VMA's (since she cancelled two shows before the VMA it's kinda obvious she'll at least make an appearance) and iHeart festival, done already 3 radio interviews, she's doing that karaoke thing (correct me if I missed something).. but most of all - she has an album coming out in three weeks so please let's just forget this mess, hope for a leak and keep on supporting her... don't boycott her over one stupid decision.. don't cancel your pre-orders.. I don't feel like she deserves this..

• Like 8

We are not in control of whether or not she flops now tho. She and her team are. We did what we could and they needed a good video to bring in the GP, and they've failed to provide that. There's nothing we can do except put all our efforts into supporting the album release and hope the second single does better.

• Like 10

She's going to need A LOT more than fan support to make this album huge and releasing this "video" was NOT the way to do it.  Whatever happened with the original (which didn't look great by any means) they should have re-done it - not let this tarnish her reputation even further - I would have waited another month for the video if I had to over what they gave us today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M.E. said:

We are not in control of whether or not she flops now tho. She and her team are. We did what we could and they needed a good video to bring in the GP, and they've failed to provide that. There's nothing we can do except put all our efforts into supporting the album release and hope the second single does better.

This

3 hours ago, IceBreaker said:

She's going to need A LOT more than fan support to make this album huge and releasing this "video" was NOT the way to do it.  Whatever happened with the original (which didn't look great by any means) they should have re-done it - not let this tarnish her reputation even further - I would have waited another month for the video if I had to over what they gave us today.

Mm they probably couldn't afford to shoot another video. They had already used all their budget in the first one

The music video is not what we thought it would be and lots of fans are disappointed but this is a really important moment in her career and she's trying to do things the right way. She took a year and a half to record a solid album that from what we've heard seems to be very promosing and which she seems to be very proud of and she's promoting. IHeart Radio, Carpool Karaoke, new songs on Vegas setlist, maybe VMA's and there may be more to come. She doesn't deserve to flop :crying3:

Make Me's sales on iTunes increased thanks to the album pre-order, radio is still supporting and now if we stream the music video we would help a lot to make it rise on the Hot 100. 

Please stream on Spotify and play the music video.. Don't even watch it, just play it; the more views it gets, the best.

On a completely different note, we got adorableney and hotney.. Stop complaining so much :xf14:

• Like 2

Even if you don't like the video respect the fact that Britney's still out there and doing stuff for us. She doesn't have to do ANY of this. The more I watch this video the more I love it tbh, I can't get over how amazing she looks and how much of her personality was shown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, heather said:

Even if you don't like the video respect the fact that Britney's still out there and doing stuff for us. She doesn't have to do ANY of this. The more I watch this video the more I love it tbh, I can't get over how amazing she looks and how much of her personality was shown.

MTE! It's not even a bad music video ffs :zoomzoom:

4 hours ago, M.E. said:

This!!! 

2 minutes ago, Veronica the witch said:

there are some parts of the video that are worth watching, like the wall dancing and........ a few others but any way i try to give it more views :goodside:

The glamour shots are nice but pretty much the same as the Private Show commercial. They should have just gotten her to do the choreography with her dances and made it a simple dance video.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, heather said:

We are respecting her but we are not obligated to watch nor stream the video. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 3isacharm said:

We are respecting her but we are not obligated to watch nor stream the video. 

Respecting her isn't having meltdowns over not getting the video you wanted, telling her to go die and retire all over her social media. Sure, you don't have to watch it if you don't like it, but trying to sabatoge her efforts by boycotting the video/era, cancelling preorders, being nasty, hateful little children is NOT respect in the slightest.

• Like 5

Just now, heather said:

Respecting her isn't having meltdowns over not getting the video you wanted, telling her to go die and retire all over her social media. Sure, you don't have to watch it if you don't like it, but trying to sabatoge her efforts by boycotting the video/era, cancelling preorders, being nasty, hateful little children is NOT respect in the slightest.

I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Now I do think some people are being over dramatic but if that's how they feel, it's their prerogative. As I posted on another thread... you can only beat a dog so much before it lashes out. I can relate to both side so of the coin. I wish they had released the original video and even though I don't enjoy it, I'm focusing on the music and what she's bringing promo wise so... We're gonna have to wait and see 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 3isacharm said:

I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Now I do think some people are being over dramatic but if that's how they feel, it's their prerogative. As I posted on another thread... you can only beat a dog so much before it lashes out. I can relate to both side so of the coin. I wish they had released the original video and even though I don't enjoy it, I'm focusing on the music and what she's bringing promo wise so... We're gonna have to wait and see 

I'm sorry but I don't care how disappointed you are with something, the amount of hatred Britney specifically has received because of a damn music video is disgusting and uncalled for. Having an opinion and spewing hate are not the same thing, and there's nothing that's deserving of the things that have been said to/about Britney today. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, heather said:

I'm sorry but I don't care how disappointed you are with something, the amount of hatred Britney specifically has received because of a damn music video is disgusting and uncalled for. Having an opinion and spewing hate are not the same thing, and there's nothing that's deserving of the things that have been said to/about Britney today. 

I don't blame Britney, I blame her team and the label. They have fucked things around for many years now, going back to the original Everytime concept. And things like the product placement... she's Britney fuckin' Spears! Why do they need other people to help fund her videos and ultimately ruin them with the tacky advertising? It's just pathetic. They make Britney look bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M.E. said:

I don't blame Britney, I blame her team and the label. They have fucked things around for many years now, going back to the original Everytime concept. And things like the product placement... she's Britney fuckin' Spears! Why do they need other people to help fund her videos and ultimately ruin them with the tacky advertising? It's just pathetic.

I have zero problem with people who don't like the video and are able to express their reasons why without attacking Britney or sounding like a spoiled child tbh. I don't expect everyone to love everything, but at the very least there needs to be a line of respect for Britney and what she does. Product placement doesn't bother me tbh, I've come to expect that in this day

Just now, heather said:

I have zero problem with people who don't like the video and are able to express their reasons why without attacking Britney or sounding like a spoiled child tbh. I don't expect everyone to love everything, but at the very least there needs to be a line of respect for Britney and what she does. Product placement doesn't bother me tbh, I've come to expect that in this day

The product placement in Britney's videos are just so blatant and tacky tho. Although they handled it pretty well in WB. But the MM video is pretty much one big advertisement. :displeased:

• Like 1