The Make Me Video Was Reshot [Updated With Info from Britney]

7 hours ago, JocastaIsYoMama said:

According to multiple trusted sources at PopJustice, the Make Me video was at least partially reshot. Apparently Britney was uncomfortable with the original edit, including the sex scene with G-Eazy and some other things. Sources say that either the entire video was scrapped or David Lachapelle removed his name from the project when her team tried to do some editing. 

:omg: I wanna see this soooo bad :crying1: 

If this is true I just wish they'd officially release both versions, they can have a clean version and the original version with an age restriction or something, that way she could also have extra streams since she'd have both videos and the people that watched one version would be curious and check the other version! I mean, that's what I'd do and I think that's what makes the most sense, but yeah :blackoutsmiley:

• Like 11

I'd be really annoyed if this is true

it's so unbelievable to me that one of the biggest pop stars in the world has Such problems. 

I think her management team is a mess.

its spanned over multiple albums now.

always issues

always re edits

its annoying 

• Like 2

Well if the video was always slated to come out in Aug, then technically right now its not delayed.

If parts of the video had to be reshot that makes sense but I don't think the entire video was completely scrapped until the point of no recognition because she had press on the set and seemed very excited about what it is and like someone mentioned she talked about the video in the q+a. Chances are just that her and her team recognize this is important they want to get it right. If they cut the sex scene it's probably because it looked awkward and probably interrupted the flow of the video. If they cut the cage/red paint thing maybe it's because she didn't like it or thought it would be too controversial. This is not the first time a video has had to be reshot or edited for whatever reason and it most likely won't be the last. Let's just wait for the video, it may still be great.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, toxicxxkat said:

I have a hard time believing that she was uncomfortable with a sex scene after she released the music video for Criminal tbh.
And Britney was a lot more timid back in the FF era.

That was hot. Idk what the consensus on Jason is but back then he totally gave me a lady boner. Not anymore though. :-/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

Well if the video was always slated to come out in Aug, then technically right now its not delayed.

If parts of the video had to be reshot that makes sense but I don't think the entire video was completely scrapped until the point of no recognition because she had press on the set and seemed very excited about what it is and like someone mentioned she talked about the video in the q+a. Chances are just that her and her team recognize this is important they want to get it right. If they cut the sex scene it's probably because it looked awkward and probably interrupted the flow of the video. If they cut the cage/red paint thing maybe it's because she didn't like it or thought it would be too controversial. This is not the first time a video has had to be reshot or edited for whatever reason and it most likely won't be the last. Let's just wait for the video, it may still be great.

I agree with everything but I do hope they kept the cage scene, from the pics and gif we've seen, it looks hot and fierce 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, toxicxxkat said:

I have a hard time believing that she was uncomfortable with a sex scene after she released the music video for Criminal tbh.
And Britney was a lot more timid back in the FF era.

True to be honest, especially if Britneys team are trying to re-create that sexy image of her. Though we'll have to wait and see as we can't 100% trust these rumours. 

• Like 2

Reading through this thread - the rumors people are posting are contradictory af. "It was dropped completely." "Just certain scenes were reshot." "Lachapelle took his name off of it." "Lachapelle said they couldn't use his footage unless he had complete control." And Britney cutting scenes for being too sexy makes zero sense in light of her recent photo shoots and Instagram/Twitter videos. Time to chill out, y'all.  

2 minutes ago, JocastaIsYoMama said:

Britney just confirmed in her Australian radio interview that the video theme is now "me and my girls auditioning guys"
Sounds like the entire video was indeed reshot..

But we don't even know what the concept was from the beginning. Did she say that they changed it to that or are you just guessing that it was changed based off the rumors?

• Like 1

I just hope that the fandom doesn't pull a Perfume and automatically hates the video just because the original one was changed:awkwarddd:

It's a shame that they apparently scrapped Lachapelle's concept because he's got a great reputation and I'm sure that it would've brought a lot of publicity, BUT that's the only thing we can complain about so far, because we haven't seen the new MV so we don't know if it looks good or not, so just wait for it, maybe it'll surprise us and it'll be great anyway!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, I_need_me said:

I just hope that the fandom doesn't pull a Perfume and automatically hates the video just because the original one was changed:awkwarddd:

It's a shame that they apparently scrapped Lachapelle's concept because he's got a great reputation and I'm sure that it would've brought a lot of publicity, BUT that's the only thing we can complain about so far, because we haven't seen the new MV so we don't know if it looks good or not, so just wait for it, maybe it'll surprise us and it'll be great anyway!

But there IS a lot to complain about. The new concept sounds like a boring, one-location throw-away kinda video shot in a studio/rehearsal space. The LaChapelle video looked complex, exciting, sexy, it was everything Britney is known for. She was demolishing a fucking house, now we will see her pretend she doesn't know Willie Gomez who's auditioning for her while she pulls Pretty Girlesque faces. I mean, we have every right to be pissed. 

• Like 4

i logged out of exhale because of this mess and now im logging out of this place as well.

y'all

the video she is talking about is private show

calm

the

fuck

down

theres no g-eazy to reshoot and RCA would laugh in her face if she wasted THAT much money on ANOTHER video to be scrapped. walk outside, have a cig and come back and collect your fucking heads. 

• Like 4