The Make Me Video Was Reshot [Updated With Info from Britney]

UPDATED: Britney confirmed in her Australian radio interview that the video theme is now "me and my girls auditioning guys." Sounds like the video was indeed reshot..

According to multiple trusted sources at PopJustice, the Make Me video was at least partially reshot. Apparently Britney was uncomfortable with the original edit, including the sex scene with G-Eazy and some other things. Sources say that either the entire video was scrapped or David Lachapelle removed his name from the project when her team tried to do some editing. 

Either way - fucking mess

Y'all know I'm the first to tell everyone to calm down and not to bitch before we know anything for sure, but this just screams Team Britney.

David Lachapelle is fucking amazing, and Britney should never have agreed to film anything that she wasn't comfortable with in the first place. Why would any director want to work with her on a video again? She'll have a reputation as being difficult - first cutting scenes from Work Bitch and insinuating that everyone pushed her to do things that she didn't want to do, then totally scrapping Perfume and editing it into a boring mess, and now this. Joseph Kahn and David Lachapelle are two of the best video directors working, so it's a real shame if she's burning bridges with them. 

I hope that this isn't true, but it seems likely. I'm actually really bummed. 

• Like 16

Mess. Maybe that's why the video has been delayed for so long and that we've heard nothing about it. I feel like Britney was in sort of a sexy, confident phase when shooting the 'original' video and coming up with ideas and now she may be regretting it and wanting to change it. I can understand, she's taken risks with her music videos before so meh. Kinda sucks to be honest, hope they atleast keep some good bits in. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jack Spears said:

Mess. Maybe that's why the video has been delayed for so long and that we've heard nothing about it. I feel like Britney was in sort of a sexy, confident phase when shooting the 'original' video and coming up with ideas and now she may be regretting it and wanting to change it. I can understand, she's taken risks with her music videos before so meh. Kinda sucks to be honest, hope they atleast keep some good bits in. 

Apparently the entire thing was reshot. I hope it's not true... all of this started out as rumours because the video was taking so long, but now reliable sources are saying that it really was scrapped and redone. So we may never see the red paint scene, the bulldozer, throwing the TV out the window, etc. 

• Like 3

Mmm that seems weird, Britney doesn't seem to have a problem with the super sexual, provocative concepts anymore, I mean, V Magazine, the Private Show commercial, BOM and TOMH performances... Even the BBMA's outfit! If this is true my only complaint is that they should've realised that they didn't like it back when they were discussing the script of the video or when they were actually shooting it, because now the release date of the MV will be delayed! Anyway, we'll see, hopefully we end up having a good quality video either way :yes:

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, JocastaIsYoMama said:

Apparently the entire thing was reshot. I hope it's not true... all of this started out as rumours because the video was taking so long, but now reliable sources are saying that it really was scrapped and redone. So we may never see the red paint scene, the bulldozer, throwing the TV out the window, etc. 

Because throwing a TV out the window is just so saucy! :displeased:

On another note, I agree with @I_need_me :mahhaw: 

Although it is true that she shot all those raunchy / graphic scenes during the BJ era, but she was in a completely different place in her mind at the time. Currentney really looks like she has no fucks left to give anymore. Hopefully they're just making two versions of the video: Explicit and clean; one for TV and one for Vevo.

But given how much they've taken to release the video... It just makes it easier to believe this kind of rumour. It's been over two months since the videoshoot. There's just no way on Earth the video isn't ready :ipass: 

• Like 4

This whole Britney & her team scrapping & editing the videos thing is seriously draining me to the point where I'm no longer excited. It's just like u said Britney clearly knew what she was doing & if she didn't like something she definitely spoke out on it just like the tractor scene.   what's worse is that Britney teased fans with pics so we're all clearly expecting sexy. If she did reshoot then it was obviously rushed which means the new video could be a mess. This is definitely gonna ruin her rep with directors & she's gonna be left with shitty directors. Hopefully I'll be excited again once she releases more stuff. I'm not upset or "having a meltdown" I'm just drained at this point. Britney and her team have been such a mess since the BJ era I just can't. One thing that I noticed is that Britney's team is good with other artists such as 5h , Nicki minaj, Miley ..etc but when it comes down to Britney there's a problem. It's either Britney or her father doing this tbh 

• Like 8

OMG I really hope it doesn't end up being true!!! THIS IS AWFUL!!! :crying4::crying2: I was sooooo looking forward to this video bringing the sexney out in full force!!! I mean I'll still be happy with what I get as long as it doesn't take forever and there's good choreo.. but seriously if this is TRUE then I think it was a huge mistake, could hurt the success of the single and I will be very disappointed!!! :4music::crying3: Thank you @JocastaIsYoMama for posting this. I know you wouldn't post it if you thought it was false. You are always the fiercest at defending Brit against rumors and ppl talking shit... Praying this ends up false tho! :crying1:

• Like 1

From a.t.r.l: 

there was some mess behind the scenes with her team. The video was coming last week but they thought it was too explicit and wanted something cleaner. They considered some scenes to be inappropriate including most of G-Eazy ones. I don't thing they will be reshooting the whole video. Britney was supposedly shooting only some facial/singing scenes to be used in places she didn't like the old scenes. G-Eazy is a problem right now, they don't know if they'll be using his PV-sex scenes or if he'll reshoot his scenes with a green screen behind him, just like Nicki did for Bitch I'm Madonna.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JocastaIsYoMama said:

From a.t.r.l: 

there was some mess behind the scenes with her team. The video was coming last week but they thought it was too explicit and wanted something cleaner. They considered some scenes to be inappropriate including most of G-Eazy ones. I don't thing they will be reshooting the whole video. Britney was supposedly shooting only some facial/singing scenes to be used in places she didn't like the old scenes. G-Eazy is a problem right now, they don't know if they'll be using his PV-sex scenes or if he'll reshoot his scenes with a green screen behind him, just like Nicki did for Bitch I'm Madonna.

So is her team censoring Britney once again or is it really Britney that was uncomfortable with the final result? I'm so confused right now :disagreewitchu:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JocastaIsYoMama said:

According to multiple trusted sources at PopJustice, the Make Me video was at least partially reshot. Apparently Britney was uncomfortable with the original edit, including the sex scene with G-Eazy and some other things. Sources say that either the entire video was scrapped or David Lachapelle removed his name from the project when her team tried to do some editing. 

Either way - fucking mess

Y'all know I'm the first to tell everyone to calm down and not to bitch before we know anything for sure, but this just screams Team Britney.

David Lachapelle is fucking amazing, and Britney should never have agreed to film anything that she wasn't comfortable with in the first place. Why would any director want to work with her on a video again? She'll have a reputation as being difficult - first cutting scenes from Work Bitch and insinuating that everyone pushed her to do things that she didn't want to do, then totally scrapping Perfume and editing it into a boring mess, and now this. Joseph Kahn and David Lachapelle are two of the best video directors working, so it's a real shame if she's burning bridges with them. 

I hope that this isn't true, but it seems likely. I'm actually really bummed. 

If this is true, I kinda want to blame B Team and not Britney- like that she wants to do something crazy but her Team doesn't want to hurt her brand. I mean, it could be Britney but I don't like to think ill of her or that she would so often film something and then cry "OMG it's too sexy!" even though she goes on to claim that in interviews, I still wanna blame her team lol.

I like the thought of cutting the G-Eazy sex scene tho.

IDK how to feel besides disappointed. :-/