Make Me predicted first week sales of 90K

Saw this over at ATRL, they watch the charts VERY closely, and good news and bad news so far

Bad news: Britney's new single is predicted to sell only 90,000 first week based on the pattern of 2 day sales so far. :(  Katy is predicted to outsell Make Me (which we expected) but Sia, who is apparently on discount, is also predicted to sell more copies of Cheap Thrills than Make Me.

THE GOOD NEWS: Rise and Cheap Thrills are only predicted to sell 130K. Katy used to be able to sell 600K first week back as early as Prism era, so this shows that sales are down for everyone in the industry. And remember, these are only PREDICTIONS. No matter how closely you watch the chart, they can till be wrong, even HDD gets their figures wrong sometimes. There is STILL time for us to change it around since it is only the weekend and we have until Thursday to add more sales. 

Wouldn't it feel GREAT to know we can make Britney sell 100K in this sales climate? We are only 10K away from that, so come on, I know streaaming is important BUT you can stream as the same time! Gift to everyone you can.

I have only bought Make Me in my own country's iTunes. can anyone guide me how to direct my purchase to US iTunes? i use a debit card.

• Like 1

I know, but MM doing better than WB, PG and what about to say Pefume ... something that we don't see since FF era, we also must understand that Katy is promoted through the world, is the theme song of the Olympics, something that is very relevant worldwide, lowered her single to cents, she is an "artist of the moment" and the girl is pretty hot, there's no denying, visuals always sells.

That being said, even if her song was complete rubbish trash, imagine "Snooki" from Jersey Shore doing the Olympics theme (lmao), It would be doing better, with all this massive promo. Still MM is doing pretty well, for the little promo that has been given, is simply the power of Britney, or else watch other good artists like Tinashe and Demi Lovato, both with new singles and not even in the top 10... they don't have the legacy that Britney already has.

So forget about sells and charts right now, she's expected to promote this, and when the video comes it will go up again! She can't just throw everything within the first days, that would be a MM killer! Be thankful for the new era, or it will end right before your eyes without you enjoying it. 

Peace out and stream Make Me. 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, BritOwnsMyHeart said:

I know, but MM doing better than WB, PG and what to about say Pefume ... something that we don't see since FF era, we also must understand that Katy is promoted through the world, is the theme song of the Olympics, something that is very relevant worldwide, lowered her single to cents, she is an "artist of the moment" and the girl is pretty hot, there's no denying, visuals always sells.

That being said, even if her song was complete rubbish trash, imagine "Snooki" from Jersey Shore doing the Olympics theme (lmao), It would be doing better, with all this massive promo. Still MM is doing pretty well, for the little promo that has been given, is simply the power of Britney, or else watch other good artists like Tinashe and Demi Lovato, both with new singles and not even in the top 10... they don't have the legacy that Britney already has.

So forget about sells and charts right now, she's expected to promote this, and when the video comes it will go up again! She can't just throw everything within the first days, that would be a MM killer! Be thankful for the new era, or it will end right before your eyes without you enjoying it. 

Peace out and stream Make Me. 

Thank you! People are so stressed about the chart positions, the promo and everything that they completely ignore the fact that Britney has released her best song since I don't know when. I want this song to do well, because it deserves it, and I'm doing everything I can to support it, but I'm just happy that I can listen to an amazing song by my favourite artist and that I can look forward to an incredible album. We just have to be calm, do everything we can or want to support the song, and enjoy it! Fan wars and internet jokes are fun and funky and cool, but there are people that don't know where to stop :frenchy:

• Like 8

All these chart update posts make my head spin.

I haven't heard Sia or Katy yet but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that both those songs are no where near as experimental as Make me. So even though it's Britney she's probably going to have to build the hype around the song in order for it to be hugely successful whereas those two will easily get more spins and attention the songs are easier to disgest. It's basically a completely new sound for her and  I love the song but it is a slow song and slow songs take more effort to be smashers. I'm also going to guess that Britney and team don't care as much to make this go number 1, hence why she's done no promo for the song yet. Once the video drops she's going to get more press and expect an uptick in the numbers but for a song that has this little promo she's doing well in my opinion.

• Like 3

In 2016, most music doesn't cost money, you watch ads or listen to ads to hear music. So sales numbers are simply irrelevant when this song is available for free on YouTube and Spotify and I'm sure other things. In 2016 a songs success is not measured by its sales, it's by views, streams/plays. 

3 hours ago, Jay. said:

Omg this isn't good. How is she doing on streaming? 

Better than normal. She managed to get to #95 on the Spotify chart after one day and she's hanging on, we are at about 1.6 - 2 million streams now, so everyone needs to refresh or loop the YouTube audio (right click on the video then select Loop),  but more importantly STREAM ON SPOTIFY AND APPLE MUSIC. idk much about apple music but spotify added her to their today's top hits playlist which has like 10 million subscribers. 

i am going to leave my computer on youtube and spotify when i go to work and i am going to stream on youtube there too.

Sia is ahead of both Britney and Katy because Cheap Thrills is discounted and has 2 versions on itunes, one with Sean Paul and one solo.

at the rate we are going now we are looking at a top 20 debut.

• Like 2

I'm torn with all this because I want Brit to "reclaim the throne" and be on top because I feel she "deserves" it (which is silly when you think about it, but it's my feeling).

At the same time I am so done with trying to personally promo and simultaneously being all stressed out about numbers. I've kinda let it sour the whole experience of this awesome song and the fact we finally have new music. If Brit obviously isn't worried about numbers or charts, I guess we shouldn't either. :-/

Not trying to be lecture-y. I just hope no one else is letting this all get them down like I was.

• Like 1