Bad news.. another big star releasing a song

Jokobitch

Just now, Jokobitch said:

Some big names dropping new music today... #KeepItKIIS #KIIS1065

otjer radio stations said the same thing and rumor is Katy perry is dropping a single (classic bitch move from her) SO U ALL WE HAAAAVE TO BUY THIS SONG LIKE CRAZY 

Why is that bad news? 

Britney can hold her own against Katy. Especially if she releases something basic like Roar.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Baby Go Slow said:

Why is that bad news? 

Britney can hold her own against Katy. Especially if she releases something basic like Roar.

yeah but didn't roar like stay number 1 forever ? I could be wrong idk things about charts tbh I just know she has a lot of fans in like every age group!

2 minutes ago, Jokobitch said:

yeah but didn't roar like stay number 1 forever ? I could be wrong idk things about charts tbh I just know she has a lot of fans in like every age group!

Yeah, it was huge. But that was 2013. I mean, Katy could come through, but I just gotta have faith Britney's new shit will be great.

But I don't care about charts, anyway, so I'm not worried. :-)

EDIT: I like Katy Perry a lot, actually. I just don't see them as competition, or worry about it. Guess we'll see. ;-)

Britney is gonna be on top with this one. She looks great, the sound is good, and G-EAZY is hot hot hot right now. His last album slayed. I've told all my friends about this song for months and they're excited. I think the general public will eat this song up. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baby Go Slow said:

Why is that bad news? 

Sis,don't even try to deny Katy would be a big rival.

Roar was #1 and it's one of her biggest hits tho.

Just now, Mike. said:

Sis,don't even try to deny Katy would be a big rival.

Roar was #1 and it's one of her biggest hits tho.

Yeah, it was huge, but if she releases something similar it's not going to be competition against MMO.

Unless she reinvents her image and sound drastically, I'm not particularly worried. *shrug*

• Like 1

Just now, Baby Go Slow said:

Yeah, it was huge, but if she releases something similar it's not going to be competition against MMO.

Unless she reinvents her image and sound drastically, I'm not particularly worried. *shrug*

I doubt it that would matter,she just came from a very successful era.

At this point I feel like the GP would eat anything she releases as long as she delivers some potential radio hit.

2 minutes ago, Jokobitch said:

apparently her song is called "Rise" gonna be some stupid ass middle school song can already tell by the title. praying for a flop

This is what I'm saying. If she releases another "Roar" or "Firework" it's not gonna take the same places it would have three years ago.

Buuuuut I'm also almost always wrong about these things. And Katy has this widespread appeal I don't understand. I guess because she releases a lot of anthemic songs? Plus, let's face it, Bonnie McKee is a hitmaker. If McKee wrote Rise, I may be worried about chart competition...but chart placement isnt that big on my list of worries tbh. I just want this damn song and album.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jokobitch said:

IM GETTING MORE PISSED BY THE MINUTE !!!!!!! this is so annoying Britney deserves this #1 she's been working on this forever UGH

What #1? Britney would have never achieved a #1 not with the current competition anyway let's focus on at least a TOP 10 and that would be already good. 

Unless you're referring to iTunes...