Are you an introvert or extravert

confidentnotcocky

I used to be very extroverted as a kid and in my pre-teens, but I became super introverted as I got older through life experiences. It's hard to trust people these days. I don't trust anyone but my family. I pulled a Britney. I was super social and funny, now I'm quiet and kind of awkward.   :who:

• Like 1

I used to be very extroverted as a kid and in my pre-teens, but I became super introverted as I got older through life experiences. It's hard to trust people these days. I don't trust anyone but my family. I pulled a Britney. I was super social and funny, now I'm quiet and kind of awkward.   :who:

Do you wish you were still extraverted? Does it ever come out publicly or is it forever gone?

Do you wish you were still extraverted? Does it ever come out publicly or is it forever gone?

I do. I'll look back and I'll read my like middle school yearbook and all the comments people left and winning "Most Dramatic," and "Most Likely To Appear on Oprah," and these silly school-voted things and I'm just like "oh my God, I was viewed as such a different person." And the reason I say I was VIEWED as a different person and don't say I was such a different person is because I'm still the same person inside, I'm still very goofy and laugh about things to myself but I just can't show that side and open up to people like I used to be able to. I'll see someone from middle school or like the first High School I went to and they'll come up to me with these inside jokes we had and I'm kind of awkward and I see the disappointment and confusion in their eyes  :overthis:

But I don't think it can come back. Once you are betrayed and you learn things about life and people, you can never go back to the way you were, in my opinion. You've already experienced things that effect you so much that it's impossible to be the same person you were before you experienced them. 

• Like 1

I do. I'll look back and I'll read my like middle school yearbook and all the comments people left and winning "Most Dramatic," and "Most Likely To Appear on Oprah," and these silly school-voted things and I'm just like "oh my God, I was viewed as such a different person." And the reason I say I was VIEWED as a different person and don't say I was such a different person is because I'm still the same person inside, I'm still very goofy and laugh about things to myself but I just can't show that side and open up to people like I used to be able to. I'll see someone from middle school or like the first High School I went to and they'll come up to me with these inside jokes we had and I'm kind of awkward and I see the disappointment and confusion in their eyes  :overthis:

But I don't think it can come back. Once you are betrayed and you learn things about life and people, you can never go back to the way you were, in my opinion. You've already experienced things that effect you so much that it's impossible to be the same person you were before you experienced them. 

Hm I feel what you're saying, sometimes though it's people who are utter messes that project things on you to make you as jaded and shit as them. They may have purposly dampened your spirit.

I've always been a shy kid but I've never been afraid to be myself so I think people mistake that for confidence or something, I'm not a mess by any means I just accept the way I am.

You may never become the person you once were but you can atleast be the more 'experienced' 'grown up' version of that person maybe? We're all  at leasta bit damaged after all.

Exactly this for me. Used to be super extroverted, outgoing, social, etc. in my pre-teens but now I'm 16, very introverted, quiet and awkward unless I'm comfortable with you or know you well. 

I want to change and be extroverted again though. 

• Like 1

Hm I feel what you're saying, sometimes though it's people who are utter messes that project things on you to make you as jaded and shit as them. They may have purposly dampened your spirit.

I've always been a shy kid but I've never been afraid to be myself so I think people mistake that for confidence or something, I'm not a mess by any means I just accept the way I am.

You may never become the person you once were but you can atleast be the more 'experienced' 'grown up' version of that person maybe? We're all  at leasta bit damaged after all.

True. Honestly, I think it's karma. It's not that I was an intentionally mean person, I was just so ignorant and kind of rude and blunt without even realizing it. I'd be like, "oh my God, why is that person so quiet?" Or "wow, what a loser. Speak up!" And LMFAO now I know what it's like to be the awkward one!  :o

I look at it as a blessing in disguise. It's taught me to be a better, more understanding and sympathetic person. I never would have learned these lessons if I didn't become the person that I am today. Now I just need to learn to trust more. 

Exactly this for me. Used to be super extroverted, outgoing, social, etc. in my pre-teens but now I'm 16, very introverted, quiet and awkward unless I'm comfortable with you or know you well. 

Oh my God yes. Those were the days!  :D  I miss being popular! LOL  :o

Honestly, if this introverted cycle is just starting for you now, try and do whatever you can to get out of it, because it's easier to break out of it when it's starting, cause it'll get gradually worst if you let it get out of hand.

True. Honestly, I think it's karma. It's not that I was an intentionally mean person, I was just so ignorant and kind of rude and blunt without even realizing it. I'd be like, "oh my God, why is that person so quiet?" Or "wow, what a loser. Speak up!" And LMFAO now I know what it's like to be the awkward one!  :o

I look at it as a blessing in disguise. It's taught me to be a better, more understanding and sympathetic person. I never would have learned these lessons if I didn't become the person that I am today. Now I just need to learn to trust more. 

You bacame humbled, which says you weren't such a bad person afterall. You can see where you went wrong and you aren't play victim, you actually are probably slowly getting better because most ignorant people wouldn't aknowledge that it may be karma.

• Like 1

I was an introvert, but now on the middle. I wish soon I would become an extrovert tho :)

i'm an introvert

i'd like to be extrovert but i fucking love to be alone in fact

Why do you want to be an extravert though? Most of the things like this people want, the people that are actually like that find it difficult. Do you think you could handle it?

Oh my God yes. Those were the days!  :D  I miss being popular! LOL  :o

Honestly, if this introverted cycle is just starting for you now, try and do whatever you can to get out of it, because it's easier to break out of it when it's starting, cause it'll get gradually worst if you let it get out of hand.

Yaaaaaasss I was so popular tbh  :o

And no, it mostly started for me last school year and I got really baaad and I was super depressed. Luckily, I realized it and I'm in a much better place since then but I still could be so much better. Thanks tho bb :hug: 

Why do you want to be an extravert though? Most of the things like this people want, the people that are actually like that find it difficult. Do you think you could handle it?

Because although I'm an introvert and I need my downtime, I'm unhappy. Being an introvert is difficult for me. I want to go out there, make friends, hang out with people, make an impact in people's lives, and have fun. Living my life as an introvert is not fun. I have basically no social life outside of school. I used to love summer break whereas now I don't care for it because I'm too alone. I basically sit in my room on the internet all day instead of going out and doing something. And the solution sounds simple, make friends, ask people to hang out, and just go do it. But I'm shy and awkward around people I'm not comfortable with. Once I do make friends, it's hard for me to just go hang out unless there's a group because I'll end up being too awkward. I'm just not comfortable with it because I know I'll just be awkward and not fun unless like I said, there's a group or I'm completely comfortable and know them well.

So yes, I think I could handle it much better than being an introvert. I'm tired of being lonely, shy, and awkward. I really do miss being extroverted when I had a list of people to hang out with and could just go do it. Or make like 5 friends in one day whereas now it could take me weeks just to make one friend. 

• Like 1

Because although I'm an introvert and I need my downtime, I'm unhappy. Being an introvert is difficult for me. I want to go out there, make friends, hang out with people, make an impact in people's lives, and have fun. Living my life as an introvert is not fun. I have basically no social life outside of school. I used to love summer break whereas now I don't care for it because I'm too alone. I basically sit in my room on the internet all day instead of going out and doing something. And the solution sounds simple, make friends, ask people to hang out, and just go do it. But I'm shy and awkward around people I'm not comfortable with. Once I do make friends, it's hard for me to just go hang out unless there's a group because I'll end up being too awkward. I'm just not comfortable with it because I know I'll just be awkward and not fun unless like I said, there's a group or I'm completely comfortable and know them well.

So yes, I think I could handle it much better than being an introvert. I'm tired of being lonely, shy, and awkward. I really do miss being extroverted when I had a list of people to hang out with and could just go do it. Or make like 5 friends in one day whereas now it could take me weeks just to make one friend. 

I'm really sorry to hear that, maybr you could make friends with friends of friends and get confidence that way maybe? Sounds like you have anxiety issues that are making you this way, although it will be hard I really think going to the route cause and tackling it may help you, look at how you can change and not blame the reasons so much to move forward.

Yes. In fact I need it.

I'm taking fashion major for college, so... :)

Its not like now I'm MILES away from being an extrovert tho, I still have my walls quite high, but easy to open up to ppl compared when I was still in elementary school

Ah so you are a creative one. They say people are creative due to the amount of over thinking that they do. Maybe you are focusing on the slightly more negative side to this. Maybe just have fun on face value at first, I dunno find common ground with fashion related stuff maybe.

I dunno why I am acting like an agony uncle, I am far from perfect. :o 

I'm really sorry to hear that, maybr you could make friends with friends of friends and get confidence that way maybe? Sounds like you have anxiety issues that are making you this way, although it will be hard I really think going to the route cause and tackling it may help you, look at how you can change and not blame the reasons so much to move forward.

Thanks, I've definitely been working on it. I'm a lot better than where I was a year ago but I'm still trying to move forward to become the person I want to be. You're right, I have some confidence and anxiety issues but I have been and still am trying to improve myself and trying to solve them. I was just trying to explain to you why I'd much rather be extroverted even though a lot of that has to do with confidence and anxiety as well, not just a personality type. :mahhaw:

I can connect with this so much :crying1:

• Like 1