Las Vegas Sun: Katy Perry following in Britney's Vegas Footsteps

Matilda

According to the Las Vegas Sun Katy Perry has been offered a sort of mini-residency in the AXIS theater where Britney performs PIECE OF ME.

The show would take place during Britney's hiatus between the 100 shows (i.e May-August); the news comes after Katy performed for a group of execs/high rollers during the NYE weekend

Source: http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2014/jan/02/strip-scribbles-katy-perry-following-britney-spear/

This might not be completely Britney related but it goes to show that Britney is still impacting the music industry - she made history with her residency and despite many people doubting her legacy, she's setting a new trend and receiving amazing reviews at the same time!

I don't think Katy's show would be as successful as Britney's - she doesn't have the catalog for it or the stage presence to carry a residency.

• Like 3

No, not really. I just think Katy's glam disney image kinda fits with the glit and glam of Vegas.

That's true

I mean she would draw in more children/parent combos than Britney FOR SURE

But for me, she lacks a lot of stage presence & dynamism - and even vocally she sometimes leaves a lot to be desired - her tickets would have to be pretty cheap I think