Celebrating 15 Years Of Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - Britney Spears - With Interesting Facts

News

0202f5c53ca1a57380f72ea16595e950.600x600

Today we celebrate the 15th birthday of, ‘Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know.’

tumblr_m9lfqrXyD01r3ty02o1_500.gif

It was stated that the video originally had another concept and a reshoot was requested. ‘Britney will reshoot the video for her next single, ‘Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know,’ because she is unhappy with the final edit, which was filmed on a Miami beach this month. The singer famously chose photographer, Herb Ritts to direct the video, known for his erotic black and white photographs. Ritts previously shot Madonna’s, ‘Cherish’ video and Janet Jackson’s, ‘Love Will Never Do (Without You)’. It is not clear whether the video will mirror the original, in which Britney shared a kiss with the French model.’

tumblr_mfy5qq80UP1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

The deleted scenes (after the re-shoot) were considered to be too racy at the time. The video had to be re-edited as Britney’s mom thought it was too sexual. During this time, Britney was perceived to be America’s sweetheart and this would damage her image. Alternative scenes can also be seen on her Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD.

tumblr_ltr51nZ3ZB1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Justin Timberlake, who was Britney’s boyfriend at the time was also not very happy about the idea of the video and found the hook up between Britney and Brice Durand to be a little too close for comfort.

tumblr_ltr2boC9zC1r3ty02o1_500.gif

It was initially intended that the fourth single would be, ‘When Your Eyes Say It,’ instead of ‘Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know.’ However they chose the latter and then to release, ‘When Your Eyes Say It’ as a fifth single, which was later scrapped to instead focus on the promotion of her Third album, ‘Britney’ instead.

4178634611_545d642679_o.gif

The song was co-written by Shania Twain and received generally positive reviews, some praising the vocals and others the unique arrangement.

tumblr_mlkj9vaEl41rccynyo2_r1_500.gif

The Japanese version of the single came inclusive of a booklet:

booklet_0001.jpgbooklet_0002.jpgbooklet2.jpg

Britney claimed that the video was inspired by Janet Jackson’s video, ‘Love Will Never Do without You.’ Janet played a massive part in Britney’s musical influence.

Herb Ritts also mentioned that the video was influenced by Chris Isaak’s, ‘Wicked Game’ and Madonna’s, ‘Cherish’ video following the theme of a funky beach shack. He said it was great to do a video for Britney with no dancing and focusing on just her, as an artist.

The music video debuted at number 1 on MTV, TRL on March 2, 2001. Britney claimed that it was one of the most fun videos that she had ever done.

tumblr_lh8zdsAICM1qc9f21o1_500.png

Celebrate the release of this gem by watching the video with us.

Here is one of Britney’s live performances of this iconic song:

Happy birthday DLMBTLTK! Ahh, what a great song!

Read it on our mainsite!

I love this video, it was very much the "Wicked Games" for the TRL set back in the day.   :slay: I remember this video being called "radical"  because she only had one outfit throughout the entire video.  

I'm most likely in the minority, but I really liked the DWAD tour mix for this song, with her vocals pitched down and giving the song a more R&B mix worked for me.  

I couldn't find one from her HBO special.  :chewchew:

Y'all made a post about my anthem and y'all expected me not to be here? 2s9y4c0.jpg

I s2g I had a really weird string of days. I'm about to post about it in the stronger than yesterday section :frenchy:

But y'all know I love this song and I got like, what, 4 people to mention me? Yas. 30sdr2f.jpg

The video is perfect and you all know it 30sdr2f.jpg

The song is perfect. Everything about it is perfect 30sdr2f.jpg