Why do you think Xtina flopped?

britneystanstan

I think there's several reasons. She takes several year breaks between albums, Bionic and Lotus are both pretty weak albums and both had bad single choices (Bionic especially), she's not a very interesting person, so people really don't check for her when she isn't releasing something. Not to mention she's a complete bitch. She's burned a ton of bridges in the industry.

Your Body was a bop for me though  :xf1: Does everyone really think she's a bitch though?

EVERYBODY i know thinks she's a bitch. my parents live for her off seasons on the Voice, and everyone I know hopes she stays preggers so Gwen can stay on the show :eekk: it's harsh but her image and attitude are such dealbreakers on so many levels.

I think she's always gotten a pass for things others got criticized for I.E. Dressing sexy, partying, dating because of her talent. No one got to know her really aside from her talent to know what she is about. There's not much interest in her other than live performances and duets.

Its partly because she just isn't a likeable character like other pop artists and the gp can't relate to her, she just doesn't come across as genuine and its well publicized how bitchy she is. With lotus I think part of the reason is that she was on the podgy side too, she built her career on sex and being desired and she looked awful at that point. She looks beaut again now though :)

Basically I think this is the main reason. She has COMPLETELY lost touch with reality. She does come off as kind of bitchy and unrelatable and frankly as of late it seems mostly like shes just been following the trends.

Lotus bored me to tears. I used to be a pretty big christina fan but its been a while. I couldnt get through an entire sit through of lotus. I kept skipping the songs halfway through and at one point i just got distracted.

Your Body was a bop for me though  :xf1: Does everyone really think she's a bitch though?

Maybe if the rest of the album had been as good. i like your body. Its the ONLY song from lotus i have on my phone lol. And yeah shes got a pretty long history of bitchiness and divaness.

Do not shade the iconic Stripped though :yaknow:

:mhm: Bionic may be underrated but stripped was incredible. I think if she would drop the diva shit and get back in touch with reality again she might be successful again.

I think the main reason why Bionic flopped was because she tried too hard to be "edgy" like the new wave of pop girls at the time were, and it just didn't work for her. Lotus was just a mess. I think she was going through a rough point in her life back then, and it showed -- she gained a lot of weight; she dressed like an angsty teenager who hates the world; she was a big bitch on The Voice and her interviews. She just wasn't marketable.  :yaknow:

She needs to do another Back to Basics. That album slayed me.  :yesplz:

Guest blehh

Mostly because she shaded too many stars imo, she is known by not being very nice to producers and directors too, I remember reading an article about her yelling at some producer who just left the album cuz of her (idk if its true). So technically shes not in good terms with a lot of important people, I think thats why :tbh: