Let's Talk About Gwen For A Sec..

gimmework

How do we feel about her chances for a come back here??? 

gwen-stefani-this-is-what-the-truth-feel

She's worked with Julia and Justin a lot.. Her new album is out soon and she's doing the first ever "live music video" at the grammys or something like that... But I'm not sure people are feeling it????  :disagreewitchu:

Also I really like her new single!! It's AMAZING if you ask me, but do we think the general public and radio will make it a hit?? 

UPDATE: Live Video

What do you think? 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/6874152/gwen-stefani-make-me-like-you-live-video-grammy

I don't really get what that "live music video" mean, but I'm super excited about the upcoming album! 

I know right!?! Like is it just a live performance with a higher than normal budget??!??! LOL :trollney:  I'm excited for the album too bc I love her :hug: but I don't know if it will matter even if it's an awesome album bc the general public doesn't seem to care :aww1:  

• Like 1

She will sadly flop.

I agree, unfortunately. It's been too long since TSE. But at least it appears she's bringing quality music, so I'm satisfied with that 

Yeah I love her but I think you're right!! Even if the music is good, it seems like the Gen Public just doesn't care anymore  :aww1:

Maybe she should collab with Britney... Brit's only been dropping her name as dream collabs since like 2000!! :nowaygif:  :umomg:

• Like 1

I know right!?! Like is it just a live performance with a higher than normal budget??!??! LOL  :trollney:  I'm excited for the album too bc I love her  :hug: but I don't know if it will matter even if it's an awesome album bc the general public doesn't seem to care  :aww1:  

I mean, it's no surprise that This Is What The Truth Feels Like will most likely flop - it's been a decade now since she released The Sweet Escape, but also new generation probably don't know/remember who she is. It's hard for older artists to make a successful comeback nowadays, even Britney is not as huge as she used to be  :crying1: I don't care about the sales tbh, all I'm hoping for is a quality record. At first I was very disappointed with Baby Don't Lie and Spark The Fire, but thankfully she scrapped those songs and started recording new material. Hopefully the results will be satisfying  :yas:

• Like 1

I mean, it's no surprise that This Is What The Truth Feels Like will most likely flop - it's been a decade now since she released The Sweet Escape, but also new generation probably don't know/remember who she is. It's hard for older artists to make a successful comeback nowadays, even Britney is not as huge as she used to be  :crying1: I don't care about the sales tbh, all I'm hoping for is a quality record. At first I was very disappointed with Baby Don't Lie and Spark The Fire, but thankfully she scrapped those songs and started recording new material. Hopefully the results will be satisfying  :yas:

I agree!  :mhm:  It's been too long for the GP to care, especially younger listeners, especially after No Doubt's last album (WHICH I LOVED!!!!) flopped too! I hope the new record is awesome and because of the ppl she's working with, I have hope that it will be!  :britney-awyeah: I don't typically care about sales either but I'm afraid that if she doesn't get a hit out of this album that she won't get the opportunity to work with this level of talent again..  :umomg:  Fingers crossed!!  :bomt:

• Like 1

I agree!   :mhm:  It's been too long for the GP to care, especially younger listeners, especially after No Doubt's last album (WHICH I LOVED!!!!) flopped too! I hope the new record is awesome and because of the ppl she's working with, I have hope that it will be!   :britney-awyeah: I don't typically care about sales either but I'm afraid that if she doesn't get a hit out of this album that she won't get the opportunity to work with this level of talent again..   :umomg:  Fingers crossed!!   :bomt:

Yeah, I get what you say, but I think they're aware of the fact that it might be hard to get a radio hit after so many years. But who knows, I really want to  believe Gwen will promote Make Me Like You like crazy, so hopefully it becomes popular on the radio stations and more people will consider buying her new record! I'm really excited about this new era... I'm also praying that new No Doubt album is coming anytime soon! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I get what you say, but I think they're aware of the fact that it might be hard to get a radio hit after so many years. But who knows, I really want to  believe Gwen will promote Make Me Like You like crazy, so hopefully it becomes popular on the radio stations and more people will consider buying her new record! I'm really excited about this new era... I'm also praying that new No Doubt album is coming anytime soon! 

tumblr_n1mtmc1MAk1qdqllqo1_500.gif

"Make Me Like You" -- I like it.  :cuteclap:

Tonight at the Grammy's she did a live commercial/music video for her MMLY/upcoming album.  I loved L.A.M.B, didn't care for the followup, but def wanna check this one out.  :fliph:

I love Gwen, unfortunately - this music is not really ground breaking - although good - it is not exactly exciting... I love her though! 

The music video is still only at 55,000 views  :ugohome:

Don't think it's gonna happen for her :crying3:

I totally agree with you guys!  :thumbsup:  I like "Make Me Like You", It's fun, but it's not groundbreaking or an instant hit! I think it could do well on radio if they even start playing it.. :umomg:

I doubt this will be the comeback she and her label are hoping for because the GP just doesn't seem to care, but as long as we get a decent enough album, even if it's not a commercial hit, I'm satisfied! :mhm:  I've been a Gwen/No Doubt fan since elementary school so I'm not gonna quit now,, :britney-awyeah:

• Like 1

I doubt this will be the comeback she and her label are hoping for because the GP just doesn't seem to care, but as long as we get a decent enough album, even if it's not a commercial hit, I'm satisfied! :mhm:  I've been a Gwen/No Doubt fan since elementary school so I'm not gonna quit now,, :britney-awyeah:

Yeah, it's a nice song, but it's not a good enough song to make a comeback with.  :yeahkright: I'm also kinda sad that we won't get to hear the original album that Spark the Fire and Baby Don't Lie were gonna be a part of. I hope some of the material for the original album leaks  :uhhuh:

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a nice song, but it's not a good enough song to make a comeback with.  :yeahkright: I'm also kinda sad that we won't get to hear the original album that Spark the Fire and Baby Don't Lie were gonna be a part of. I hope some of the material for the original album leaks  :uhhuh:

Great Point about the original material!!  :yas:  I never even thought of that! I wonder how much of it was recorded or if any of the songs ended up going to other artists?!?!  :bomt:

• Like 1

Great Point about the original material!!  :yas:  I never even thought of that! I wonder how much of it was recorded or if any of the songs ended up going to other artists?!?!  :bomt:

My guess is that she recorded most of it, because she had a release date set for late December 2014 and Spark the Fire came out early in that same month :uhhuh: Also, I never thought about other people recording her unused stuff!  :letsgetcrayzay: I'd be totally okay with that if it meant we got to hear it 

• Like 2

My guess is that she recorded most of it, because she had a release date set for late December 2014 and Spark the Fire came out early in that same month :uhhuh: Also, I never thought about other people recording her unused stuff!  :letsgetcrayzay: I'd be totally okay with that if it meant we got to hear it 

The unfortunate part is that if any of it did go to other artists, we'll likely never know because it could have gone to anyone...???   :xf11: The only producers I know of were, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco and Pharrell..  :umomg:

• Like 1

The unfortunate part is that if any of it did go to other artists, we'll likely never know because it could have gone to anyone...???   :xf11: The only producers I know of were, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco and Pharrell..  :umomg:

True, It's not like we had a tracklist or anything, so probably won't find out if someone else recorded it  :( I doubt it'll leak either since we've only ever gotten 1 leaked song during her career, and it technically doesn't count because it was a B-Side anyway  :crying11:

• Like 1

So the more I listen to this and watch the video (Which is actually really cool that they pulled it off if you ask me) the more I LOVE it! I think it's a grower.. It get's stuck in my head. I think it would do good on radio if they even start playing it... :bomt:  

Is anyone else totally getting a  "LoveFool" by The Cardigans vibe from this song?? #SUPERCATCHY  What do you guys think? Am I crazy? Do they sound similar?  

• Like 1

So the more I listen to this and watch the video (Which is actually really cool that they pulled it off if you ask me) the more I LOVE it! I think it's a grower.. It get's stuck in my head. I think it would do good on radio if they even start playing it... :bomt:

Is anyone else totally getting a  "LoveFool" by The Cardigans vibe from this song?? #SUPERCATCHY  What do you guys think? Am I crazy? Do they sound similar?  

I KNEW it sounded familiar!  :o And the song is totally a grower, just like Baby Don't Lie was . I'm loving it now  :bomt:

• Like 1