Beyonce New Single "formation"

vicima

I disagree, respectfully.  :hug:

Beyoncé is a black woman but is a major pop star with seismic appeal so, aside from race, comparing her to those other (very talented) ladies is a bit of a stretch.  Her having blonde hair doesn't automatically mean she's comforming to a white asethetic, it's a shade she's had since her DC3 days and, like many other pop stars, it's her signature too.  Does she has to wear her hair natural in order to seem authentic?  She is naturally light-skinned, but do I think liberties have been taken in certain photos? :mhm:  Do I think she actively bleaches her skin? :eeek::umno:  Her overall look shouldn't negate what she had to say and show with "Formation."  

I really like the point you make about her hair color not negating her authenticity and I think you are 100% correct. And I don't think she has ever had her skin bleached at all but rather that advertisers have lightened it through make up a photo shop from time to time. :mhm:

I guess my only apprehension is that maybe she is jumping on the banwagon because it's a hot button issue, where as there are other amazing artists that have been championing the issue in their music for a long time. That being said I think it's great that Beyonce is talking about more serious issues in her music, I just hope that she continues to do so or at least features artists like the ones I mention above because those artists I think deserve recognition for their contributions to the #BlackLivesMatter movement.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your thoughtful and considerate insight!  :thumbsup:  I appreciate your opinion!  :hug:

• Like 2

I really like the point you make about her hair color not negating her authenticity and I think you are 100% correct. And I don't think she has ever had her skin bleached at all but rather that advertisers have lightened it through make up a photo shop from time to time. :mhm:

I guess my only apprehension is that maybe she is jumping on the banwagon because it's a hot button issue, where as there are other amazing artists that have been championing the issue in their music for a long time. That being said I think it's great that Beyonce is talking about more serious issues in her music, I just hope that she continues to do so or at least features artists like the ones I mention above because those artists I think deserve recognition for their contributions to the #BlackLivesMatter movement.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your thoughtful and considerate insight!  :thumbsup:  I appreciate your opinion!  :hug:

Both this and your initial points are very, very fair.  I too appreciate what you stated.  :hug:  :kisskiss: 

(I knew you didn't think she bleached her skin, that was more towards that ignorant comment made earlier in this thread. :hairtie:)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...