Is It Britney's Choice Not To Perform My Prerogative Live?

michellesheckler

I read somewhere that she wouldn't be able to perform it live due to copyrights or some type of contractual obligations but it'd been released as a single with a music video so I don't understand what legal issues she would face if she performed My P on tour. The choreography I believe would have been amazing and Britney would have killed it at that time.

I read somewhere that she wouldn't be able to perform it live due to copyrights or some type of contractual obligations but it'd been released as a single with a music video so I don't understand what legal issues she would face if she performed My P on tour. The choreography I believe would have been amazing and Britney would have killed it at that time.

actually when she filmed the video her leg or ankle was still injured so the whole video had small movements

We don't know how these kind of things work. It may not make sense to us that she could release the song but she can't perform it but that is probably what they signed. These kind of copyright contracts are very complex so unless you're in the business and really know about that stuff we can't really understand it :aintevenmad:

We don't know how these kind of things work. It may not make sense to us that she could release the song but she can't perform it but that is probably what they signed. These kind of copyright contracts are very complex so unless you're in the business and really know about that stuff we can't really understand it :aintevenmad:

Truth Tea 100%

She may not want to and it may not have anything to do with copyrights. Bobby Brown didn't like her version of the song so maybe she feels a certain way performing it.  And it could also be that she doesn't really see a place for the song in her setlists, especially because she usually tries to tell a loose story in her tours. 

Honestly the song isn't that great. I mean the video is fierce as fuck and she looked so bomb throughout the whole thing but the song is alright.  I really only think she should perform the first verse and chorus of the song on tour, after that it wears itself out.

I don't think y'all understand how covers work.

It's not Britney's choice to perform the song live. That choice is made by producers and the contracts, and how much money the record label is willing to spend. For every time the supposed cover would be performed live, the original copyright holders would have to be paid for each performance. (meaning bobby brown would have to make profit off of britney's performances.)

It's up to the label. Not Britney. That's why she was able to perform Burning Up and You Oughta Know (which she might not have even had to pay for besides out of pocket, it was only a temporary addition to the setlist.)

Tbh, Bobby probably wanted more money than Jive / RCA was / is willing to spend on a performance for a song that's nearly 10 years old now.

• Like 2

You all seem to be forgetting that she released ILRR for a single and performed it on the DWADT :gloria:

So its probably her choice :mhm:

Not necessarily. I love rock n roll is a widely covered song. Multiple people is a covered it. The rights to the song were probably cheap as fuck and profits off Britney going to the original copyright holders were agreed upon before it was even added to the set list.

I don't know. This is all Just a. Guestmiation. I assume she would have performed my prerogative if she was allowed to.

• Like 1