Ideas To Raise Money For A Good Cause?

toxicxxkat

I have a six month old Australian Shepherd puppy and I just found out that she was born without properly formed hip sockets. So she's in pain daily, but there's a surgery for it. It's going to cost $14,000 for it. Which is a lot of money, but that dog has become my best friend in the past four months that there's no way I'm going to not try to raise money for it.

I made a GoFundMe Page https://www.gofundme.com/KodasSurgery and by no means am I asking that you donate (I'm not about to spam the forum asking for money, lol) but I would appreciate some feedback on what I put and and also ways that I can spread it so hopefully it'll reach some people who wouldn't mind donating.

The second thing I would like input on is fundraiser ideas. Has anyone done any fundraisers in the past that have been successful? Someone from the media here contacted me and said they would advertise for fundraisers for her, so I just want something that'll appeal to people, ya know?

Thanks for any input. :) 

• Like 1

aww this is so sweet form you and i wish i could donate but no money right now :(

anyways what you can do is using the power of social media, maybe do some video write the story about the dog, share what you wanna accomplish around fb twitter and youtube and post it, with your friends help you should help them to share and spread the love around their networks <3

plz let me know how this goes and what you have accomplished <3

all the love and all the luck <3

xo 

• Like 1

aww this is so sweet form you and i wish i could donate but no money right now :(

anyways what you can do is using the power of social media, maybe do some video write the story about the dog, share what you wanna accomplish around fb twitter and youtube and post it, with your friends help you should help them to share and spread the love around their networks <3

plz let me know how this goes and what you have accomplished <3

all the love and all the luck <3

xo 

Oooh Youtube is a good idea! I didn't think of that one (despite being on it everyday watching Britney's music videos  :thatsfunny: )

I have had lots of people share it on Facebook, just stemming from my one post. 86 shares in 1 day is pretty good, I would think!

Nobody follows me on Twitter so that's flopping hard :gloria:

But thanks! :) I'll let you know what comes from it! Hopefully I'll come up with some good fundraisers!

• Like 1

Oooh Youtube is a good idea! I didn't think of that one (despite being on it everyday watching Britney's music videos  :thatsfunny: )

I have had lots of people share it on Facebook, just stemming from my one post. 86 shares in 1 day is pretty good, I would think!

But thanks! :) I'll let you know what comes from it! Hopefully I'll come up with some good fundraisers!

yes plz do it i checked your link and for 1 day you seem been funded by 9 people i hope the amoutn grows faster

and this is such a cute dog <3 so i really hope Koda get the surgery soon <3 all the love for both sis <3

• Like 1

Save up :tbh:  avoid all unnecessary costs and when you buy something make sure you use coupons :kweenbritney: sell anything you really don't need on ebay :verycool: there are probably some good ideas on extreme cheapskates :xf15: but make sure it isn't any of the crazy ones :eek2:

I would donate money but i dont have much :crying4:

Also your dog is really cute :crying1:

• Like 1

Save up :tbh:  avoid all unnecessary costs and when you buy something make sure you use coupons :kweenbritney: sell anything you really don't need on ebay :verycool: there are probably some good ideas on extreme cheapskates :xf15: but make sure it isn't any of the crazy ones :eek2:

I would donate money but i dont have much :crying4:

Also your dog is really cute :crying1:

I'm doing my best! I've recently put up like half my wardrobe for sale online to try to help. It's just $14,000 is a lot of money to save up in two months, so I'm trying really hard to hopefully spread this and do some fundraisers here locally too! I just want some good ideas because the local media saw my page and said they want to put her on the news and advertise for me, which is awesome and I totally have to take advantage of the promo and make sure these fundraising events I'm going to have are good and won't flop  :pieceofwhat:

Thanks for sharing it :)

(1)you could try going to grocery stores and ask them can you do bag packing on a busy Saturday with some family or friend volunteers.

(2)or go to cafes or any business with a till to ask them can you put a collection jar at the till·.

(3)do a fundraiser bob a job with your friends.I remember doing this before when I was a child with two other friends for a famine we got 60 pounds in two hours.

(4)you could do a sponsored dog walk.

(5)fundraising on the street bring your cute dog.I don't know if you need a permit to do that.but I think fuck it try it anyway.

(6)a raffle. get people you know to offer up their time or skill as raffle prize.the only money outlay would be the raffle book.

(7)maybe ring up different animal charities and get their advice on what to do.

(8)is it too late for pet insurance if you go to a new vet and pretend he's a healthy dog

he is such a pretty dog,i'll donote it won't be much though and i'll ask anyone I know to donate even if it's just like a euro they can afford.

• Like 1

Make sure to monetize your video so you can make money from the adds :)  just make sure to not use copyrighted songs ;)

I'm doing my best! I've recently put up like half my wardrobe for sale online to try to help. It's just $14,000 is a lot of money to save up in two months, so I'm trying really hard to hopefully spread this and do some fundraisers here locally too! I just want some good ideas because the local media saw my page and said they want to put her on the news and advertise for me, which is awesome and I totally have to take advantage of the promo and make sure these fundraising events I'm going to have are good and won't flop  :pieceofwhat:

Thanks for sharing it :)

sis have you read the coments i think you are doing great!!!! just came here to check in

best wishes sis

Make sure to monetize your video so you can make money from the adds :)  just make sure to not use copyrighted songs ;)

Good idea! I haven't made it yet but I will look into that once I finish up finals.

I would love to donate, but I'm broke right now :(

That's okay :) 

(1)you could try going to grocery stores and ask them can you do bag packing on a busy Saturday with some family or friend volunteers.

(2)or go to cafes or any business with a till to ask them can you put a collection jar at the till·.

(3)do a fundraiser bob a job with your friends.I remember doing this before when I was a child with two other friends for a famine we got 60 pounds in two hours.

(4)you could do a sponsored dog walk.

(5)fundraising on the street bring your cute dog.I don't know if you need a permit to do that.but I think fuck it try it anyway.

(6)a raffle. get people you know to offer up their time or skill as raffle prize.the only money outlay would be the raffle book.

(7)maybe ring up different animal charities and get their advice on what to do.

(8)is it too late for pet insurance if you go to a new vet and pretend he's a healthy dog

he is such a pretty dog,i'll donote it won't be much though and i'll ask anyone I know to donate even if it's just like a euro they can afford.

These are good ideas!

The news contacted me and put me and my pup on and a man who owns a nightclub here messaged me wanting to hold a fundraiser there so that should make a grand or two, hopefully! I'm going to charge $5 entry and $1 from every drink sold will go to me, so that's exciting. I'll look into these :)

Good idea! I haven't made it yet but I will look into that once I finish up finals.

That's okay :)

These are good ideas!

The news contacted me and put me and my pup on and a man who owns a nightclub here messaged me wanting to hold a fundraiser there so that should make a grand or two, hopefully! I'm going to charge $5 entry and $1 from every drink sold will go to me, so that's exciting. I'll look into these :)

wow that's great going you should be very proud of yourself

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...