This makes me so mad

Urbanney

A block of privately-owned apartments in a tony area of London has installed metal studs on the ground to keep homeless people from sleeping there.

Similar to the window spikes many buildings use to deter pigeons from roosting, the studs reportedly appeared last month and have inspired outrage on Twitter.

Bpd5WxKIgAE5c-j.jpg

Some residents said they had seen people sleeping in the corner a few weeks before the spikes were installed. Studs have been spotted in other parts of the city as well.

Over the past three years, the city has seen a 75 percent rise in “rough sleeping,†in part due to the economic downturn and cuts in housing benefits, Katharine Sacks-Jones of homeless advocacy group Crisis told the Guardian.

In the United States, many local and state governments have found new ways to criminalize the homeless. One popular tactic is to make sitting or lying downon sidewalks a criminal offense. Some cities allow police to seize propertyhomeless people keep on the streets. Even living in a car is now illegal in some parts of the U.S.

What is wrong with this world tbh :crying3:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of wasting the money to build those things, they should help those poor homeless people tbh... I can't with these people... so selfish..

Seize their property on the street? What....

Instead of helping them, they're depriving them of their survival... what the heck... 

Instead of wasting the money to build those things, they should those poor homeless people tbh... I can't with these people... so selfish..

Seize their property on the street? What....

Instead of helping them, they're depriving them of their survival... what the heck... 

mte. it makes me so mad. and of course it's a wealthy area.