Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killthelights

Selena Gomez Ripping Off Xtina

I know Sel said that her new album Revival is inspired by Xtina's "Stripped" era and that's all fine and dandy but it's actually starting to look like the era in its imagery when she released this photo today:

I know it's not the same as the stripped cover but the use of physically stripping and stripping to your "true self" HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. And fans find this super amazing and revolutionary. Are you serious? It's almost sad that "artists" like Selena Gomez who can't sing or perform well - cannot even attempt some originality with their album concepts and visuals.

I know she is a huge fan of Britney and Xtina and I know she probably has good intentions and wants to honor them in some way but to base your entire career in attempts to somehow mimick theirs in a new age is so insulting to artists out there who have something new and innovative to offer the world but are consistently overshadowed by people like Selena Gomez.

I like Selena but she's lacking depth and even though she claims this will be a "personal" album, it's hard for me to get past this wannabe Britney/Xtina persona she's developed.