What Do We Know About The Original Doll

ifuseekme

So recently I have been thinking about it and realized, how much do we really know? :crying4: So i decided to do some research :tbh:
We know for a fact that Mona Lisa was recorded for Mona Lisa

Tho there have been many rumors that other tracks released and unreleased (leaked or not) were intended for the original doll

So the first rumor (probably true): Do somethin was originally intended for the Original doll
So the doors in the song's music video state "MONA LISA" . So after britney brought mona lisa to the radio station and said the name of her next album would be the "Original Doll" and after blackout was released, many people speculated that Do Somethin was originally for the original doll before it was scapped

Second Rumor (probably true): Songs from Blackout were originally recorded for the Original Doll
This one is pretty self explanatory :howiroll: The songs rumored to be intended for the original doll are: BTI (Possibly true), Everybody (Maybe true), Gimme More (Probably not true),Heaven on Earth (Maybe True)

Ik there are many more rumors about this album but I didn't feel like typing all them up :lmaolol:

Why it was scrapped:
To this day nobody but Britney and her ex-labels know why the album was scrapped, but here are reasons why supposedly it was scrapped

• Her labels did not like the material on the album
  • britney's pregancy
  • her breakdown
  • Her labels wanted her to take a break

Feel free to add more :)

Other Songs:
In Your eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRMxYrY_r0

Get up & Dance

Like i'm Fallin

Conscious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GvuzuKlVk

Money, Love & Happiness

Take Off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Y5BwoQv9s

Peep Show

Pulse (feat.Snoop Dog) [ONLY the first snippet is britney,the rest is someone else who recorded the song]

Fed-Ex

Cheap Cologne (Demo for Britney or released version from another artist) [possibly fake2hqv6mc_th.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chzjjTUS88A

Original Doll (lyrics) [possibly fake2hqv6mc_th.jpg]

Everybody look at me,
But nobody knows
What I have, who I am...

Don't tell me what I have to do
(To do)
I'm not have you, my shoe!
(My shoe)
I know what you say
I'm just one more chick,
But now... Stop!

Not a chick, not your,
I'm a doll!
If you think I'm that girl
You are wrong 'cause now I am..
Original!

What you lie to my friends?
You are a beutiful, but no mind.
I'm a doll, I want to be more pretty
No... Stop!

Chorus (3X)
Can`t you see me?
You are beautiful,no minds.
I am a doll like you.
I want you to be a beautiful dolls like me?
Come here let me be you?who me?
Come here let me be you?who me?
Come here baby its you that i really need too be right next too me?

Chorus
This time i wont fell right now.In my arms right now.
Come on baby its you that i really care about you?Dont let go?
Right i fell you right right now?Come come? Come come Come? come Come?know me?Listen!!Too you?You and I?Me Myself and I,I'm in love with this Original Doll.

Mona Lisa

(untagged demo)

(Chaotic version)

Ouch!

This is different than the version i have :o (has more lyrics) :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dec 31, 2004.

Theoretically Britney premiered Mona Lisa to KIIS-FM and made this interview against the will of the record label, for some unknown reason...

It's weird how she released the demo version instead of the official version (usually demo versions are not sent to the radios). Probably the record label didn't want to release it yet, so Britney to avoid trouble decided to send the demo version... but why such a hurry from Britney to release it? Why did she wanted people to listen to it so bad?

Furthermore, the Original Doll project was about to be released during 2005, which means in any case after the Greatest Hits album (released in 2004). So it's hard to believe that Do Something was originally intended for Original Doll... 

Moreover, Mona Lisa was also Britney's alter ego at the time, that's why she signed herself as "MONA LISA" on the doors in the Do Somenthing's music video, since she was the co-director of the video.

too many questions unanswered!

- Why did she sent the demo version of Mona Lisa to the radio instead of the official version?
- Why the record label was against this mini radio promotion and the release of Mona Lisa?
- What happened in those few months that separate this interview from the supposed release of the album?

Why it was scrapped:

To this day nobody but Britney and her ex-labels know why the album was scrapped, but here are reasons why supposedly it was scrapped

1. Her labels did not like the material on the album
  2. britney's pregancy
  3. her breakdown
  4. Her labels wanted her to take a break

1. Highly likely, but it is a very simple answer in my opinion, I think there is much more behind it...
  2. Mmm... Britney hoped to release Original Doll probably before summertime, or maybe a little sooner than that. By January 2005 it was already more than half done. She discovered to be pregnant at about early spring, that would have to be more or less the period of full promotion, or in any case of the release of the music video from the first single (Mona Lisa). And this interview was the only time ever that Britney promoted Original Doll. That's why I don't think that the pregnancy was one of the main reasons.
  3. Britney didn't had any breakdown in the period between 2004 and 2005... she was very determined, powerful, rebellious and cocky.
  4. I think it was definitely the other way round... Here is a letter written by Britney at the beginning of January 2005: "I think I should rephrase myself from my previous letters when I was talking about taking a break. What I meant was I am taking a break from being told what to do... It’s cool when you look at someone and don’t know whether they are at work or play since it’s all the same to them. The things I’ve been doing for work lately have been so much fun, because it’s not like work to me anymore. I’ve been even more ’hands on’ in my management and the business side of things, and I feel more in control than ever.â€

• Like 1

I honestly think we have all that was supposed to be "The Original Doll". It could have been more, but based on leaks it explains why the label wanted to pull the plug. I think it was over just as it was beginning.

At that time, her telling the truth was a liability. Ironically enough that's all people want now.

More Rumors:

Someday was originally for The Original Doll (probably true):

Since it was recorded after ITZ, we and it was released before Blackout, it someone makes sense that it was originally meant for the OD

a MV was filmed for Mona Lisa (Maybe True):

I read that mona lisa was going to be single at one point and that a MV was filmed. at one point there was a Britney site which had a fairly detailed description of it. Unfortunately, the site was taken down :crying1: The odd part was a few days after this article was posted, the whole site was closed :frenchy:  Another possibility was that Mona Lisa was going to released as the second single for Chaotic EP, but I doubt this since she was pregnant at the time :boring:

I once added a lot of links and album info for Origional Doll and all Britney Albums...

Here is the link to the OD info - click on the links - some facts are really interesting...

http://britneyuniverse.com/topic/11099-updated-all-of-britneys-albums-with-interesting-facts-and-album-information-all-in-one-place-remix-albums-and-rumored-albums-included/page-20

It also includes this amazing OD link:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album#.efyAAOrXWW

I once added a lot of links and album info for Origional Doll and all Britney Albums...

Here is the link to the OD info - click on the links - some facts are really interesting...

http://britneyuniverse.com/topic/11099-updated-all-of-britneys-albums-with-interesting-facts-and-album-information-all-in-one-place-remix-albums-and-rumored-albums-included/page-20

It also includes this amazing OD link:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album#.efyAAOrXWW

another rumor:

ATWK was originally recorded for OD (Maybe True) :

So BIM V1 was released in 2005 the same year the Original Doll was  :nowaygif:  I have heard that brit's team have said that it was for ITZ but think about how secretive they are. They even said Britney never worked on an album during 2004/2005. so yeah :idc1:

I'm still mad about TOG didn't happen...

Britney was doing for once what she wanted and her fucking stupid label/management had to ruin everything  :4music:  :crying1: 

And then people is surprised she rebelled against everyone... :displeased:

IK me too :4music: but it will probably be released eventually, but it will probably be when she's retired :crying1:

The only Original Doll song we have is Mona Lisa. All of the other supposed songs are for ITZ or Blackout, and in all honesty, I personally think that Original Doll was just the old working title for Blackout. Who knows, though. Someday may have been, too, but most of those songs that were posted in the first post are fake or for different albums. I think that anything that Britney wanted us to hear, we did. She was the executive producer of Blackout, after all.

Where did you get these snippets from??!

I've been searching for these snippets for a long time and I've never found them anywhere, great thread, thanks for posting!

Some i found by searching up titles and looking for ten pages on yt :thatsright:  and others popped up on the side bar next to some of the snippets :yesplz: 

no problem :hug:

another rumor:

ATWK was originally recorded for OD (Maybe True) :

So BIM V1 was released in 2005 the same year the Original Doll was  :nowaygif:  I have heard that brit's team have said that it was for ITZ but think about how secretive they are. They even said Britney never worked on an album during 2004/2005. so yeah :idc1:

And Then We Kiss was recorded during ITZ studio sessions with Mark Tylor.

I didn't read all these comments.

I remember there being lots of rumors in January after she premiered Mona Lisa that Jive was pissed at her for doing it so they shelved the project indefinitely, but I don't think that was ever confirmed. However, she found out she was pregnant in late January/early February. So my guess is, her pregnancy caused her to put the project on hold. Then she was planning to release an album in 2006, but got pregnant again. By that point, the songs intended for Original Doll were probably not the direction she wanted to go in anymore, thus we got Blackout in 2007.

She recorded Gimme More in August 2006, so I'm 99% sure that song was not intended for Original Doll.