4 Years Ago Today, Britney Won The "video Vanguard Award"! #vmas

News

van 1

Living legend, You can look but don't touch!!

The Video Vanguard Award, also known as the Lifetime Achievement Award, is given to musicians who have made a profound effect on the MTV culture, honoring an artist's body of work. Four years ago today our queen received MTV's "Video Vanguard Award".

van 4

Fun Fact: 

van 3

All hail the Queen of VMAS! We are always proud of you Britney!

van 2

Read it on our mainsite!

I'm sorry, Kanye has some great songs, but I don't see the impact of his music. I don't think the GP knows a single song by him. He doesn't even have big hits or music videos that will be remembered for decades. There are other artists out there that deserve the Vanguard award more than him.

His biggest accomplishment on MTV was being a dick when other people were getting the awards he thought he deserved.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, Kanye has some great songs, but I don't see the impact of his music. I don't think the GP knows a single song by him. He doesn't even have big hits or music videos that will be remembered for decades. There are other artists out there that deserve the Vanguard award more than him.

His biggest accomplishment on MTV was being a dick when other people were getting the awards he thought he deserved.

i know 'through the wire', i even have it on my itunes list.

tumblr_ncslfc2dDd1solxm8o1_400.gif

but other than that i only remember his awful song 'bounce 2' but only cause james franco made this hilarious parody.

4 years already! Wow, I had no idea!  

I hated how they turned her acceptance speech into an introduction for Beyonce performance. that to me was just fucking rude & disrespectful.

I still try to forget that happened but how can you forget such thing! I can't believe Britney or her team agreed with that stupid idea.  

Yeah but unfortunately we're living in a society now where being an obnoxious cunt (or "sassy" as the kids call it) is a desirable trait.