Gaga is the most successful artist of her generation

britneystanstan

I can't think of anything iconic about Gaga. I never hear anyone talking about her old songs, videos, and performances, etc, or referencing them like people do with other legends. And the only outfit that is "iconic" is the meat dress, only because it was disgusting. It's not like it was influential or anything, no one wants to wear that shit. X54.gif

Gaga may have had the highest peak of all the current pop bitches but IMO she has come crashing down very quickly and she's the one who is going to fade into obscurity the fastest. It will be very, very hard for her to find a spot in pop culture history when she is basically just a mash up of her favourite pop culture moments. She isn't doing anything new.

Rihanna however has iconic songs and has shown she has longevity in the business. She's yet to do a truly amazing performance but she's the closest to becoming a legend than anyone else and has been able to cement herself into pop culture history.

• Like 1

I can't think of anything iconic about Gaga. I never hear anyone talking about her old songs, videos, and performances, etc, or referencing them like people do with other legends. And the only outfit that is "iconic" is the meat dress, only because it was disgusting. It's not like it was influential or anything, no one wants to wear that shit. X54.gif

Gaga may have had the highest peak of all the current pop bitches but IMO she has come crashing down very quickly and she's the one who is going to fade into obscurity the fastest. It will be very, very hard for her to find a spot in pop culture history when she is basically just a mash up of her favourite pop culture moments. She isn't doing anything new.

Rihanna however has iconic songs and has shown she has longevity in the business. She's yet to do a truly amazing performance but she's the closest to becoming a legend than anyone else and has been able to cement herself into pop culture history.

I wouldn't call riri songs iconic, memorable yes. Her shit is hella catchy tho... :fyea:

Her descent isn't as big as what other people are making it out to be though :yaknow: she's still on the same level as the others except maybe singles but that never has been her strong suit.

I mean, look at Britney and Madonna though. They have low lows, but their peaks are so high that they're remembered for it. Britney will be more remembered than Beyoncé in the long run for example unless Bey does something bigger in the future :yakno:

The paparazzi performance at the VMAs is iconic IMHO and so was her style and other performances for TFM era.

Her descent isn't as big as what other people are making it out to be though :yaknow: she's still on the same level as the others except maybe singles but that never has been her strong suit.

I mean, look at Britney and Madonna though. They have low lows, but their peaks are so high that they're remembered for it. Britney will be more remembered than Beyoncé in the long run for example unless Bey does something bigger in the future :yakno:

The paparazzi performance at the VMAs is iconic IMHO and so was her style and other performances for TFM era.

(Britney)Career wise >>> But Beyonce sealed her fate when she married Jay Z. Therefore her remembrance will be greater. :smokney:

I think it's ranked high on most best vma performances lists nowadays though (slave is usually number one). It just wasn't as covered at the time because of Taylor-Kanye scandal :lol:

Those lists mean nothing tho. MTV make them and obviously are going to pick performances from the "in" artists. The VMAs are a joke now anyway so Gaga's performance being the best from the recent years isn't really saying much lol.

Come on Bad Romance MV, Paparazzi MTV 09. She was going to be huge, and then no. :awkwarddd: