The Liquid Era.

Leonardo M.

THE LIQUID ERA

There's something that my psychology professor said that I never forget, he said we're living in a 'liquid' era in every aspect.

He cited the professional side... where before, the employees used to grow in the company, years and years in the same company ... had a close relationship with their bosses ... and now because of $100 people jump from branch to branch / from work to work... and spend the whole life in the same place (role), because instead of focusing on their jobs, people are looking out the window...

The same thing for love. He said, why will we endeavor? If we look to the side and has a 'menu' to choose, you know? Why would I break my head ... if I have another one out there wanting me?

In friendship, the same thing. Who gives me more status? Who offers better things? Who gives me more benefits? Who is friend of that guy that I want to get?

Everything turned products and nothing lasts longer. Everything is disposable, interchangeable... worthless. Nothing has focus or effort. It's all very easy and unfocused.

And I see that a lot.

And I feel so lost, just like I got an old soul... because I can't just look to my own navel, doesn't care or do not put me in the place of the other person. And I dare say that I never felt that someone did it for me. 

I'd rather try to understand the other person, the situation, put me in his place and not be just another one who will leave and fuck off. You know what I mean? 

So I feel kind of lost in this selfish world. And it kind of hurt me sometimes... And yeah, now I'm just venting all my thoughts in this thread.

uhhh.gif crying3.gif

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

THE LIQUID ERA

There's something that my psychology professor said that I never forget, he said we're living in a 'liquid' era in every aspect.

He cited the professional side... where before, the employees used to grow in the company, years and years in the same company ... had a close relationship with their bosses ... and now because of $100 people jump from branch to branch / from work to work... and spend the whole life in the same place (role), because instead of focusing on their jobs, people are looking out the window...

The same thing for love. He said, why will we endeavor? If we look to the side and has a 'menu' to choose, you know? Why would I break my head ... if I have another one out there wanting me?

In friendship, the same thing. Who gives me more status? Who offers better things? Who gives me more benefits? Who is friend of that guy that I want to get?

Everything turned products and nothing lasts longer. Everything is disposable, interchangeable... worthless. Nothing has focus or effort. It's all very easy and unfocused.

And I see that a lot.

And I feel so lost, just like I got an old soul... because I can't just look to my own navel, doesn't care or do not put me in the place of the other person. And I dare say that I never felt that someone did it for me. 
I'd rather try to understand the other person, the situation, put me in his place and not be just another one who will leave and fuck off. You know what I mean? 

So I feel kind of lost in this selfish world. And it kind of hurt me sometimes... And yeah, now I'm just venting all my thoughts in this thread.

uhhh.gif crying3.gif

We live in a very sad world, but you have to remember we always have. It wasn't too long ago where slavery was legal, where wars were fought over religion, where there was only the rich and the poor. This may be the "liquid era" but we humans will overcome this and one day hopefully will have a more peaceful world. You also have to remember that not everyone is mean-hearted, self-absorbed, arrogant, etc... there are still people out there with the kindest hearts. I know how you feel, I see so much hate in the world and it makes me so mad but also remember there are certain countries like South Korea and Japan which are very peaceful. Even in a brainwashed country like the U.S there are so many great people here, the most we can do as a human is our best; volunteer, help neighbors, donate to charity, etc to try to make this world a better place. <3

Cheer up! :)

• Like 1

We live in a very sad world, but you have to remember we always have. It wasn't too long ago where slavery was legal, where wars were fought over religion, where there was only the rich and the poor. This may be the "liquid era" but we humans will overcome this and one day hopefully will have a more peaceful world. You also have to remember that not everyone is mean-hearted, self-absorbed, arrogant, etc... there are still people out there with the kindest hearts. I know how you feel, I see so much hate in the world and it makes me so mad but also remember there are certain countries like South Korea and Japan which are very peaceful. Even in a brainwashed country like the U.S there are so many great people here, the most we can do as a human is our best; volunteer, help neighbors, donate to charity, etc to try to make this world a better place. <3

Cheer up! :)

Great Vision!  :crying1:

THE LIQUID ERA

And I see that a lot.

uhhh.gif crying3.gif

Don't get down. Understand that everything that you need to be OK and to be happy, you already have. Everything will be OK because you have all the tools you need right inside of you. Look within.