Wolfie's Top 5 "most Fucked Up Things You Need To See Right Now".

HeadstrongWolf

Hey y'all.

Queen of Yooneevahs here :queenflopga:

I realize no one has the same interests as me :( so I thought I'd post a list of the most fucked up things I know for y'all to get into.

And if you like it, or have questions, you can message me about it and we can nerd out  :yas:

OKAY HERE WE GO YASSSSSSSSS

5. Siren aka Forbidden Siren (Europe / Japan) / Siren:  Blood Curse 
Woah. Okay. I had no idea what I stumbled across when I first found this.

Siren was a lowbudget game made by a few people who also worked on Silent Hill, which is also on this list.

The game for the PS2 was released in 2004 and didn't exactly do very well 

:pieceofwhat: 

The game suffered from horrendous voice actors and slightly bad controls, but was overall playable.

I never finished it myself because I got frustrated with it. but it definitely creeped me out.

You play as multiple characters of a news team that are investigating a presumably abandoned village, and you happen to stumble across a ritual that members of the village are doing. Then shit gets crazy. You start getting chased by not-zombies and then the plot gets too weird to explain after that.

Why it's creepy: The plot is extremely out of place. You play one episode happening one day, and then one episode happening a week later, and then another episode two days earlier showing you the character you played as in the previous episode dying in some way shape or form.

Confusing plot. Creepy atmosphere. Religious cults. And asian zombies. (Who doesn't love asian zombies?!)

The game received a remake for the PS3 in 2011 (I think?) That changed a few things here and there, but improved on all the  previous complaints.

This is the one I played, and it was excellent. I still barely understand the storyline. I should go back and play it again.

:blackoutsmiley: 

The only complaint about the remake? No trophies and limited availability in the US.

Europe and Japan / China received the game on a disc, but in the US, the game is available only for download.

Which sucks, because you can't buy it used. You have to buy it full price (Like, $40. Although it might have gotten a price cut by now.)

Definitely check out this version if you have a PS3. Shit is DOPE and probably one of the best horror games on the PS3.

4. Marble Hornets

Yaaaassss, this is a classic. This started in 2009 as a youtube series where a college student was investigating the disappearance of one of his classmates. The said classmate handed him a bunch of video tapes from an abandoned film project he was working on. He was instructed to burn the tapes, but never did. The series spanned for three seasons, each getting more and more twisted.

This series started the entire "Slenderman" meme / internet craze. But that's just one of the main focuses of the series. As the series progresses, they use less and less of Slenderman, or "The Operator", and use more of their own original content.

Why it's creepy: The series was made to make the viewer think it was real (to an extent). The series explores strange corners of the horror genre that were long forgotten, mostly about psychology, memories, identity, and manipulation of those by a paranormal entity. (Or entities.)

Not for the feint of heart. But it's worth a view. Definitely.

3. Jacob's Ladder

Another classic. This 1990 movie is about an (ugly) Vietnam War Veteran that begins to see demons everywhere and can't tell what is real and what isn't. He's plagued by these strange visions on a daily basis and can't escape them. And it only gets worse when he starts to look for answers.

Why it's creepy: The film uses a majority of biblical references that are easily missed the first time you watch it. I've seen it multiple times and I still don't understand certain things in this film. This film in particular explores the themes of religion, government conspiracies, death, and the human psyche. But most importantly? This film later inspired the entire Silent Hill series.

Another disturbing fact of this movie was that the first edit of the film was deemed "too disturbing" for the public. So the film we have now is "less disturbing". Several scenes are said to be missing, some of which are even shown in the trailer above. Three of the deleted scenes were included on the DVD / Bluray and add a little bit more mystery to the plot. (You'll have to see the film and then message me for an explanation) ;)

2. Silent Hill
Who the fuck doesn't love a good PS2 game?

This series started in 1999 for the PS1, where you played as a man who ended up losing his daughter in a town completely covered in fog. The weird part? At random, the town would shift into a demonic "otherworld", covered by rust, blood, and the like. No lights would work other than a lighter or flashlight. And monsters everywhere   :pieceofwhat: The series spawned several sequels, the most sucsessful being Silent Hill 2. 3 and 4 were also good, but afterwards, the series began to receive a lot of criticism. The only game that was considered good after the first four was a re-imagining of the first game, that was made for the Wii, PS2, and PSP, and used ice and snow instead of blood and rust. And your only option was to run from the monsters chasing you, as you couldn't fight them.

There was a film based (mostly) on the second game released in 2006, with a sequel based on the third game in 2012. Both were met with harsh reviews, but were actually extremely decent.

Why it's creepy: Each game in the series questions the mentality of the characters, and even morphs the environment and monsters to the fears and paranoia of the character. Each game is different, focusing on different themes, but common themes include; Psychology, religion, identity, and the human concept of fear. That, and the soundtrack of each game was composed to sound normal at times, and then absolutely terrifying at others. Either way, there are multiple things in this series made to creep out the player. One of my favorites in particular is a section in Silent Hill 2 where the character enters an underground prison, and is forced to jump through several holes in the floor to go even lower. And yes, there are many, MANY theories for this series.

If you want to play one of the games - go for Silent Hill 2. (PC or PS2. PS3/360 version was horrible.)

If you want to watch both of the movies, go ahead. But you should definitely play the games. Especially the first ;)

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion

:umomg:

This is number one for a reason.

This anime premiered in 1995 and was, at first, a normal looking anime, with some rather "creepy" scenes.

But as the series progressed, it became obvious that this series was anything but normal.

It focuses on the life of a 14 year old boy named Shinji 13z2tdt.jpg, who is living in a post-apocalyptic world, where the human race is in danger of extinction after giant monsters known as "angels" repeatedly come to destroy the world. Shinji's astranged father, Gendo 2vmvjog.jpg, is the lead scientist at the head of the organization defending the world from the angels. And he forces Shinji to pilot a giant robot that is capable of defeating the angels. 

But that's only about one third of the series. 

Why it's fucking terrifying: The series  is infamous for being a "bait and snatch", where it seems completely normal, but towards the end of the series, it takes an extremely disturbing turn and begins to focus on the psychology of the characters, the hidden motives of the characters. The storyline itself has major themes of existential thinking, religion, psychology, emotions, sexuality, and the like. And they present it in the most fucked up way.

It also doesn't help that the series also uses gospel music in the most disturbing way possible, at times.

Half of the series isn't even explained. I've spent several hours researching fan theories just to get a basic understanding of this shit.

I even watched it in English, and then in Japanese with English subtitles just to see if I could get a better understanding.

(I didn't.)

One of the first "creepy" scenes, and definitely the most easiest to watch.

If you choose to view anything from this list, this should definitely be it.

Let me know what y'all think 30sdr2f.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

SIlent Hill for ps2 sold extremely well, what chu talkin bout?

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

2 did. But that's about it. 3 was great too. But 0rigins? :orangu:

ooh yea that's what I meant, you know Silent Hill 1-3 are made by the orginal author/creator who actually created Silent hill right?

SH4 was made by the remaining team from 1-3 that were still there I think

and after 4 are a bunch of idiots who bought it :gloria:

ooh yea that's what I meant, you know Silent Hill 1-3 are made by the orginal author/creator who actually created Silent hill right?

SH4 was made by the remaining team from 1-3 that were still there I think

and after 4 are a bunch of idiots who bought it :gloria:

Gurl :ashley: did u forget who ur talking to :ashley:

I literally live and breathe Silent Hill.

I'm well aware of the production of each game.

I even had my PS3 copy of the HD Collection signed by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Troy Baker  :orangu:

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

Gurl :ashley: did u forget who ur talking to :ashley:

I literally live and breathe Silent Hill.

I'm well aware of the production of each game.

I even had my PS3 copy of the HD Collection signed by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Troy Baker   :orangu:

ooh ok good :yay1: some people just play the game and don't know anything about it :gloria:

NOOOOOOOOO YOU BOUGHT IT :gloria:

:lmaolol: