13 Iconic Britney Spears Outfits That Prove She Is The True Pop Queen Of The '90S!

News

bb7799a0-af94-0132-466e-0e9062a7590a

All hail the Queen of fashion!

When it comes to the word ICONIC we automatically think of Britney Spears, reason why is because she is an iconic person. Bustle.com listed 13 iconic outfits our queen wore that proves she is the true QUEEN of pop.

OK, I may or may not have owned all of Britney Spears’ albums when I was younger and committed the most iconic Britney Spears outfits to memory along the way. Although I recognize that not everyone is as huge a Britney Spears fan as I, y’all must admit that Spears is one of the most influential pop stars of the late ’90s/early ’00s.

I refuse to believe that I am the only person who reenacted Spears’ “Slave For You” performance in the mirror when I was younger. Even though I did not have a pet snake, I tied my shirt in the front to imitate her green crop top and paired it with denim shorts. This was when I came to the conclusion that Britney Spears was a trendsetter.

Spears is just one of the many celebrities who greatly affected a large portion of Millennials in their youth. Her iconic outfits throughout her career are one of the reasons why she is considered legendary. From the Juicy Couture velour tracksuits (still cringing at this trend) to the all-denim look she wore with Justin Timberlake that one time, B has certainly left her fashion trends with us, for better or for worse.

Here are 13 iconic outfits that prove that Britney Spears is truly the Pop Queen on the ’90s.- Bustle

1. “Slave For You” Performance

Is it me or does this look like a Lisa Frank sticker book (true ’90s throwback) and the snake series on Animal Planet threw up on Spears? Nevertheless, she performed effortlessly with a snake on her neck, while wearing a jewel-toned, green crop top and boy shorts that have a lot going on with them. This look was super fun and super trendy. B had almost everyone, including myself, wanting a pet snake.

slave 1

2. White Out

This white gown and muff combo is simply Hollywood and Spears was officially a member of Young Hollywood after sporting this look.

white 1

3. Embellished Jumpsuit

I will be forever stunned by the fact that Spears wore this beautiful, embellished jumpsuit for her stage rehearsal. The vibrant red with added jewels and cut-outs is the definition of a hot and chic jumpsuit. Hey Brit, can I borrow this jumpsuit for my birthday or…..?

red 1

4. Rocking A Tuxedo Jacket As Dress

Clearly, Spears can relate to us women who despise wearing pants. I feel you, girl! But really, can we please take a moment to appreciate how simple this look is, while still managing to make a statement?

tuxeduo

5. Leather Vest & Mesh Half Sleeves

I dressed like this Spears look for Halloween one year (OK, I am not sharing photos). Nevertheless, this looks left most of the fashion critics talking and it had all of the reasons to. Donning a lace detailed skirt with a leather vest, mesh half sleeves, strappy stilettos, and a cabbie hat, Spears definitely pulled off this monochromatic look.

leather

Click here to read the rest of the iconic outfits Britney Spears wore!

Read it on our mainsite!