What Has Been Your Worst Experience In A Job

ooh la la

thought it would be good idea to share your worst experiences  you have encountered in a job.i got inspiration from a website for retail workers who exchange  there bad experiences  working in retail it is a funny website http://notalwaysright.com/. So one worst would be when working in a veterinary clinic when 15 having to bring a cross dog who was going to be put down from his waiting kennel to the surgery table.then when he was put down bringing him to the medical waste fridge. It was such a sin I should have done a legger with him out the back door. as well one time i had to clean kennels that were inches of shit on the roof as well due to diarrhoea.another worst was when working in customer service i was checking out a German lady's clothes she told me she was on holiday here.then when i had her checked out she started shouting at me like a lunatic for not asking her had she a loyalty card. i assumed she hadn't since she didn't live in the country and it was a one country shop.she went postal called manager down and made them ring head office in front of loads of customers all while shouting at me in German.if it happened now i would be more able to deal with her there are loads more stories too.so has any one any stories.my sister worked before ages ago in a lawyers office he used to say to her remember who is the enemy then he would say the client.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I worked at a grocery store as a bagger I was asked to go replace abag of grapes for a lady who was in the check out line because the bag was ripped. When I took the bag from the checker I saw that the bag was overflowing which means she probsbly stuffed it with more grapes than were in it when she found it.  :zoomzoom:  When i went back to the grapes isle I just grabbed a bag because every bag had the same amount of grapes in it and put her ripped one back in the isle. When I brought her the new bag of grapes she went completely umbrellaney on me yelling at me :ahhhhhh:  in front of everyone in the check out lines accusing me of trying to rip her off because there werent as many grapes in the new bag as there were in the first bag.. :uhwtf:  uhh yeah because SHE tried to rip US off by grabbing grapes from other bags and stuffing them in hers! :frenchy:

so then I apologized to her and told her I'd go get her a new one but she was like "NO! I'll do it" and so I let her go get a new bag herself and started bagging another line's groceries and when she came back she walked up to me, got in my face and started asking me my name. When I didn't answer her question a second time she moved my hair away from my shirt (uhh do not fucking touch me bitch! :urwrong: ) to look at my name tag underneath and yelled that she was gonna report me to the corporate office. :umad:

Mine is the one I'm in now. I identify as gay but I'm quite a normal guy really and nobody can tell. My parents don't even know and I'm very discreet with it as I don't see it as a big issue. I had a guy I was dating and then we broke up. When I started my new job my new assistant manager knew the guy I dated, so he knew I was gay but nobody else did. And he told people and everyone started making underhand jokes and judging me because of it. He also makes very flirtatious advances and I have made it clear that I am in no way interested in him. It makes me feel very uncomfortable at work now but I can't leave because finding another job is easier said than done ATM. I just find it highly unprofessional that he would do that and it should be my own decision if and when I want to tell people.

I haven't had many bad experiences thankfully. Where I work we get a lot of weirdos, like one guy who likes to just stand there with a creepy smile after he's been served and not leave, or this other guy who comes in dressed as superman w/ a tutu and Hanna Montana hat who makes the entire shop smell like piss :omg1:  we also tend to attract people who like spending the afternoon telling us their life story, like one woman the other week who didn't leave until way past closing time because we HAD to hear her divorce story. :omg1:

The worst thing that springs to mind is when the manager asked me to take over this older lady's shifts, and one day she came in with her husband screaming at me and claiming I had conspired against her because she's old. The truth is she was stealing from the store. :omg1:

Sometimes I also work with a woman who makes a lot of racist and homophobic remarks. :omg1:

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

when I worked at a grocery store as a bagger I was asked to go replace abag of grapes for a lady who was in the check out line because the bag was ripped. When I took the bag from the checker I saw that the bag was overflowing which means she probsbly stuffed it with more grapes than were in it when she found it.  :zoomzoom:  When i went back to the grapes isle I just grabbed a bag because every bag had the same amount of grapes in it and put her ripped one back in the isle. When I brought her the new bag of grapes she went completely umbrellaney on me yelling at me :ahhhhhh:  in front of everyone in the check out lines accusing me of trying to rip her off because there werent as many grapes in the new bag as there were in the first bag.. :uhwtf:  uhh yeah because SHE tried to rip US off by grabbing grapes from other bags and stuffing them in hers! :frenchy:

so then I apologized to her and told her I'd go get her a new one but she was like "NO! I'll do it" and so I let her go get a new bag herself and started bagging another line's groceries and when she came back she walked up to me, got in my face and started asking me my name. When I didn't answer her question a second time she moved my hair away from my shirt (uhh do not fucking touch me bitch! :urwrong: ) to look at my name tag underneath and yelled that she was gonna report me to the corporate office. :umad:

wow what a :scaryasfuck:

you didn't deserve that

grape stealing bxxch :lmaolol:

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

Mine is the one I'm in now. I identify as gay but I'm quite a normal guy really and nobody can tell. My parents don't even know and I'm very discreet with it as I don't see it as a big issue. I had a guy I was dating and then we broke up. When I started my new job my new assistant manager knew the guy I dated, so he knew I was gay but nobody else did. And he told people and everyone started making underhand jokes and judging me because of it. He also makes very flirtatious advances and I have made it clear that I am in no way interested in him. It makes me feel very uncomfortable at work now but I can't leave because finding another job is easier said than done ATM. I just find it highly unprofessional that he would do that and it should be my own decision if and when I want to tell people.

that's terrible and very unprofessional of him :(

omfg what a cunt, I really hate such nasty customers tbfh  :smokeney:

Oh, that's always the worst. It's absolutely unprofessional and it sucks when you're stuck and can't find a new job just like that. I do hope things get better for you :) 

I've had plenty of bad experiences. Last summer, I worked at a hotel as a receptionist (going back again in June) and obviously everyone's issues used to be reported to me. I got various complaints about the stupidest things ever and I didn't really care and I was always the calm one, that's why my manager loves me so much  :pieceofwhat:  So, there was that Russian group , like 50 kids and their teachers, they were participating in a couple of festivals over the month and they stayed in the hotel for like 20 days. The day they were checking out, it was all planned out, I thought they collected all of their passports, paid for everything,etc, but when they started checking out it was a living hell. Firstly, I had to literary run after their teachers one by one and tell them that they had to pay for the transportation from the hotel to the city centre and they thought it was free, so we had various fights about that until I made them pay. Then, it turned out that 5 passports are missing, I kept on looking and looking and nothing. The teachers were furious, one of them was actually crying,saying stuff like ''You ruined my holiday'' and stuff like that :zoomzoom:  :zoomzoom: and it turned out that my dumb ass collegue put them in the right drawer :4music: and I strictly told him to leave them in the room by room envelopes like we usually do. So it was a lot of noise for nothing, I was furious, my manager was completely upset, she called and had a fight with my crappy collegue, had a fight with me and almost everyone else :orangu: The whole checking out period was like one hour or so,but it seemed like forever. You can't imagine the relief when their bus came to pick them up and they left  :crying1:

Another memorable thing was a Belgium couple who seemed happy and all with their stay and when they were checking out, the man started yelling at me because they had to pay for a broken plate and how it was so ridiculous that they paid extra for a perfect Internet connection, they didn't get it, they coulnd't have any pots and pans in their apartment (cuz, duh, what's the fucking restaurant for, bitch) . In the end , he was all like ''I know it's not particularly your fault, but tell your manager you'll be loosing future guests with that fucked up policy'' and I was like :gloria: Bitch PLS. I wanted to tell him to shut the fuck up,though, because it was two days before I left the hotel and I didn't really give a fuck, but I kept on being professional to the very end and then had a huge rant about it on the phone with my mum  :pieceofwhat:

So,yeah, working in a hotel can suck and can be very fun. It really depends. 

that's horrible you've got nothing wrong with You for them to judge you.

when I worked at a grocery store as a bagger I was asked to go replace abag of grapes for a lady who was in the check out line because the bag was ripped. When I took the bag from the checker I saw that the bag was overflowing which means she probsbly stuffed it with more grapes than were in it when she found it. :zoomzoom: When i went back to the grapes isle I just grabbed a bag because every bag had the same amount of grapes in it and put her ripped one back in the isle. When I brought her the new bag of grapes she went completely umbrellaney on me yelling at me :ahhhhhh: in front of everyone in the check out lines accusing me of trying to rip her off because there werent as many grapes in the new bag as there were in the first bag.. :uhwtf: uhh yeah because SHE tried to rip US off by grabbing grapes from other bags and stuffing them in hers! :frenchy:

omg :lmfaoo: that's horrible! I would have been SO mad if I were you

that's kind of strange! He sounds gross. :eeek:

I haven't had many bad experiences thankfully. Where I work we get a lot of weirdos, like one guy who likes to just stand there with a creepy smile after he's been served and not leave, or this other guy who comes in dressed as superman w/ a tutu and Hanna Montana hat who makes the entire shop smell like piss :omg1: we also tend to attract people who like spending the afternoon telling us their life story, like one woman the other week who didn't leave until way past closing time because we HAD to hear her divorce story. :omg1:

The worst thing that springs to mind is when the manager asked me to take over this older lady's shifts, and one day she came in with her husband screaming at me and claiming I had conspired against her because she's old. The truth is she was stealing from the store. :omg1:

Sometimes I also work with a woman who makes a lot of racist and homophobic remarks. :omg1:

perfect emote usage honestly. :omg1: the Hannah Montana thing killed me. :omg1: where do you work?

perfect emote usage honestly. :omg1: the Hannah Montana thing killed me. :omg1: where do you work?

It's a small chain of retail stores. We sell a lot of really crappy overpriced merch and stationary :zoomzoom: but at least some of the proceeds to charity. And our store is moving next to the beach in a month :bomt:

One time a woman at the grocery store I worked at started throwing a fit at my register over Pepsi 12 pack cans. She didn't understand the sale correctly that was on the flyer and she was literally going ape shit on me telling me I am incompetent (people behind her in line were getting really annoyed with her) and the manager came over and tried to explain it to her that she doesn't understand the deal correctly (she was arguing like a $2 difference) and she kept DEMANDING that I change it to what she read and my manager refused because it is out of our control since corporate prints the ads (people don't understand this a lot in retail and blame it on the employee when they don't have control over price)

Anyway after 15 minutes of bitching over Pepsi she threw the 12 packs on the ground and said forget it she wasn't buying and stormed out of the store :frenchy: fucking bitch

I also had an experience where my bagger who was pretty new only 16 or so didn't understand what the customer wanted in regards to cigarettes and she had a meltdown and freaked out on him and made him feel stupid and I kind of lashed out in defense idk also someone threw their change at me once

I learned so much working retail let me tell you, I don't know how people do it for a living because it can be hell. I also never EVER would treat employees at a store the way I've been treated and my coworkers. I always say thank you so much to bagger and cashier and never give them trouble because I know how much it can ruin your day :crying3: