Tom's Diner Snippet Leaked And It Sounds Awesome!

Pop Sensation

It has those effects because that's like Moroder signature sound, kinda like Daft Punk's. Giorgio Moroder is no will.i.am, so he does know how to apply some vocal effects tastefully. Stop the meltdowns, it sounds amazing tbh

tumblr_m7h3k1cQF41r4wyx0o1_r3_250.giftumblr_m7h3k1cQF41r4wyx0o1_r3_250.giftumblr_m7h3k1cQF41r4wyx0o1_r3_250.gif

signature sound? I didn't hear that on the Kylie or Sia tracks tbh... I call bullshit! tumblr_inline_nakvsiLrBz1s2uupz.gif

That doesn't sound like her. Like the echos and stuff (usually the echos are her too) but it doesn't sound like it :orangu: or I'm just a sucky hearer :tbh:

Anyways it needs to leak.

Also :gloria: it didnt sound all natural, but we'll see :)

EDIT: I put in headphones and listened and it sounds better. I love it!

signature sound? I didn't hear that on the Kylie or Sia tracks tbh... I call bullshit! tumblr_inline_nakvsiLrBz1s2uupz.gif

Go check Moroder discography before calling bullshit, please. Electronic music with heavy vocoder effects here and there and deep synths. I can't at some of you for waiting for some basic pop vocals on a Moroder track lol

• Like 1

This song is gonna divide the fans again into 2 groups.. Those who understand music, and layers and effect, and then the majority who thinks Britney can never do anything good so they cry about how her voice is still not raw enough even if she spat you in the ear directly..

• Like 3

I love it so Far. Both songs.

In Tom Brit's voice is clear and isn't dulled like I feared after Kylie's song. The instrument here is synthesied out the wazoo but it's interesting. Their is a cool chill vibe to it. Yes there is some synthes accenting her vocals but it seems those are in the background. It's Brit's more clear vocal and then a BG vocal or a layered vocal that is affected.

Pretty Girl's has Britney's baby voice but the song pops and so far seems fun and electric as in energy.

• Like 1

Go check Moroder discography before calling bullshit, please. Electronic music with heavy vocoder effects here and there and deep synths. I can't at some of you for waiting for some basic pop vocals on a Moroder track lol

He said it was going to be an all natural vocal with just some delay though so that's what people were expecting and that's not what we have been given...and he released his last album like 30 years ago before vocoder effects as we know them and pitch correction even existed so how is that his signature sound? sdkDOFZ.gif
  • Like 1

InB4  the deluded depths of this place starts dragging everyone because they think we're criticizing Brit :4music:

What's the point of having vocals clear as crystal when a synth ins on the way,AT least judging by this LQ snippet,so here's hoping is just the quality of the song....

and before you start with the "you're judging from a LQ snippet",yes I am,WHAT else am I'm going to judge from tbh? :queenflopga:

AFTER the      full one came out,it may be different,I may change my mind,but from now,that's what I think...

that being said,I still like this more than the PG snippet :gloria: I want a video  :crying1:

My exact point! You can crearly hear her raw voice, it's not even pitched! It's just an effect over her voice.

Yeah... I'm not even understanding the ISBE comparisons at all.  There's a background vocal effect but her lead vocals are very natural sounding.  The track does sound pretty "cool" and I'm liking it so far.  

• Like 4

Yeah... I'm not even understanding the ISBE comparisons at all.  There's a background vocal effect but her lead vocals are very natural sounding.  The track does sound pretty "cool" and I'm liking it so far.  

They're completely different. ISBE has a lot of autotune on the main vocal. This track doesn't, instead they've used a vocoder on the raw vocal to create background harmonies. It's not pitch correction and won't fix any bung notes.

• Like 6

They're completely different. ISBE has a lot of autotune on the main vocal. This track doesn't, instead they've used a vocoder on the raw vocal to create background harmonies. It's not pitch correction and won't fix any bung notes.

I don't understand why so many find this hard to grasp.  The various comments I'm reading outside this forum about the excessive amounts of "autotune" on this track is making my left eyebrow twtich. :icant:

• Like 2

I don't understand why so many find this hard to grasp.  The various comments I'm reading outside this forum about the excessive amounts of "autotune" on this track is making my left eyebrow twtich. :icant:

the GP thinks everything is auto-tune.

Put a lot of reverb on the voice=autotune

Put background vocals=autotune

:pieceofwhat:

• Like 3

I feel like it only sounds robotic because the instrumental is that way once we get an HQ clip it'll be more clear how her voice sounds on it. Right now it almost sounds like a synth in the background doing the same melody as she's singing but not an actual effect on her voice if that makes sense.

this is exactly what I'm thinking. At first I was like :o he said there would be a natural voice!

But, being involved with music, I know that sometimes extra tracks with the melody being played on a synth, guitar, or piano are added to help the singer stay on pitch and on time. :mhm:

I don't think that it will stay on there, but if it does, it's not really "autotune" atleast. Just a vocal mod like Womanizer had.