#tidalforall ?

killthelights

Okay, I'm behind. I thought all these artists changing their profile pictures to blue was to raise awareness for some cause, turns out it's for Jay-Z's new business venture as he is relaunching the streaming service Tidal. The catch? $20 a month. Will YOU guys be subscribing to this service? I certainly won't. Everyone apart of this is making me have a bad taste in my mouth.

Here's an article about it:

Madonna, Kanye West, Rihanna and Beyoncé are throwing their weight behind Jay Z's Tidal. Ahead of an announcement later today, various big names are showing support for the Spotify-rivalling music streaming service by turning their Twitter profiles blue.

Nicki Minaj, Coldplay and Usher have also joined the co-ordinated Twitter marketing campaign by tweeting the #TIDALforALL hashtag to their fans.

Tidal launched in the UK and US last year and offers audiophiles high-quality, lossless FLAC music for $19.99 or £19.99 a month, with an Australian launch yet to be announced.

"99 Problems" and "Empire State of Mind" rapper and business mogul Jay Z -- real name Shawn Carter -- acquired the service earlier this year when he splashed out $56 million for Swedish company Aspiro, which owns both Tidal and European streaming service WiMP.

Tidal costs twice as much as Spotify each month, and unlike Spotify there is no free option. Up until now its main draw, lossless audio, is an incentive to a fairly niche audience of audiophiles; but the backing of major artists will prove a much bigger draw to most music fans.

As well as support from Jay Z's mates, Tidal could benefit from a wider dissatisfaction with the way artists are paid in the streaming era. Tidal recently secured a pretty major coup when it became the streaming home for Taylor Swift's music, yanked from Spotify last year in a row over the royalties paid to artists.

With such big-hitting support behind Tidal, it could be in a strong position when the streaming market is potentially shaken up by Apple's integration of Beats Music.

The Tidal website is currently displaying a countdown to the announcement to be made by Jay Z in New York today at 5 p.m. ET.

http://www.cnet.com/news/kanye-rihanna-and-beyonce-turn-blue-for-jay-zs-spotify-rivalling-tidal/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mte i don't care if it's "lossless HiFi" or whatever. sounds all the same to me LMAO :gloria:

Actually there's a big difference between lossless and mp3 or any other lossy format  :)

I won't subscribe to this app cuz I still buy music on my own and I prefer to have a physical copy of the record I like. Digital music is not for me. 

I am kind of disappointed with a lot of these artists, I mean, I understand Jay Z and Buyoncé because they are always targeting for fame and money, but this whole thing became a clique in the industry, like a mafia or something like that. I wouldn't pay that price to listen to music if I can listen to it for free on spotify or Youtube, and even Apple is going to release a new streaming site. But yeah, I'm disappointed with those artists, they are making music for money not for love on doing it, and that's sad! 2+%281%29.gif

I am kind of disappointed with a lot of these artists, I mean, I understand Jay Z and Buyoncé because they are always targeting for fame and money, but this whole thing became a clique in the industry, like a mafia or something like that. I wouldn't pay that price to listen to music if I can listen to it for free on spotify or Youtube, and even Apple is going to release a new streaming site. But yeah, I'm disappointed with those artists, they are making music for money not for love on doing it, and that's sad! 2+%281%29.gif

and using us the public to exploit by saying it's "for all" - if it was, it would be free or affordable

Even to listen to the lossless sound you need very expensive headphones which are able to transmit the HD sound, your usual ones can't do that, so no matter how you put it, in order to listen the music from this shitty website, you need to cash out a lot of money into their pockets. Hell no im not paying for this. One thing that got me a bit fascinated is that other than Madge, all of the artists who are behind this and who support it big time, are black. Nicki, Thief, Shit-z, Rihanna, Usher, Ne-Yo etc. There's been rumor that they will get support from Taylor, Katy and Britney, but they sorta didn't other than buying the rights for their music to stream on the website, which is not a sign of support but sign of business. However this whole thing is a trick to make already rich people, even richer. Thief and Z already have over Billion of dollars of fortune, i dont know what more could they want? This only leads to the fact that rich people are never satisfied, they are literally like black holes, and believe me when I say this, they would leave millions of people starving without giving it a second thought, just so they could afford the luxury. Human nature is an amazing thing. I hope people don't fall for this,I honestly do, because this is capitalism in its purest form, making 1% even richer, and 99% even more misserable.

Illuminati Meeting yall  :zoomzoom:

It's nothing about business ...it's an illuminati meeting dealing how to increase  their Album Sales by getting their UK illuminati Company yall just believe what the media says lol  :tea2:  but let me remind you They are the illuminati confirmers so their planning how to do something new with their music other than The Increasing album sales  :displeased: