Did Anyone Think Giuliana Rancic Comment Backlash Is Ott

ooh la la

i never knew america was so racially sensitive i mean the woman just commentated on hair. who is most famous for dreadlocks bob marley is it not a known fact that bob marley took a lot of weed. it is crazy all the going on i thought america was a forward thinking freedom of speech country.it really surprised me how people watch what they say so much and are quick to apologize.any time a person from the us are on tv in another country they are like can we curse or say that. i think your allowed to curse and say what you want any time in irish tv.i don't think dreadlocks association with weed has anything to do with race there are also allot of other races who ware dreadlocks they usually hang out in tattoo parlor. it was actually really popular in galway when i lived there it is a sort of tribal hippy student town. there are loads of shops with tie dye clothes and hippy style they have a theatre group called macnas which are the type of people which i would associate dreadlocks with.

It wasn't racist but it was a generalization and if she should be allowed to say it then people should be allowed to voice being offended. It wasn't a compliment was it?

That's what happens when you are on a show dedicated to being a bitch, people are gonna get offended and if you're gonna act like that then you should accept that that will happen, that's why the over the top apology is laughable because it wasn't genuine, it's all about money and saving face not to loose any. Either own it or be real with your remorse.

The majority of the people complaining are probably doing it on the behalf of those with locks, like they do with all the other stuff.

Guest GlamBoy

What's more weird than that is how Kelly Osbourne took it. I mean, is she really going to quit Fashion Police by a simple comment she was making just for humour? Gosh! Ppl are so brittle :uhwtf:

• Mad 1

What's more weird than that is how Kelly Osbourne took it. I mean, is she really going to quit Fashion Police by a simple comment she was making just for humour? Gosh! Ppl are so brittle :uhwtf:

Lmfao kelly Osbourne "quit" But I'm pretty sure she was fired or knew she was gonna be fired. She threatened the network for no reason and inserted herself into drama that didn't involve her. She just wanted attention, I doubt she actually cared about the comment.

If I, on national tv, were to look at a white person's straight hair and said "It looks like it smells like (insert stereotype)" would I not deserve backlash?

As irrational and butthurt as some people can be, I don't blame Zendaya for voicing how she felt. As a black female, I know from experience that no matter what I do with my hair, someone will have something to say about my decision (or they'll want to touch it).

The backlash against Guiliana may have been a bit much considering what she said wasn't terrible. But what she said was in bad taste.

• Like 1