What Do U Guys Think Of Mental Illnesses? What Do U Think Of Bipolar Disorder?

Nelli Gaidai

when u hear that name, what are the types of thoughts that cross ur mind? do u ever feel like the person who has it is in a way dangerous or would like insult u and lose temper? so u find them a threat. or do u think its very strange. i think i find it an uncomfortable flaw that is found in a person that has the power to make a person act out of character but at the same time, i look up to those people because to carry such a burden and a reputation the illness itself has, is soo so tough and usually those kinds of people are the kind to be so loving and humble and absolutely selfless because a lot of times they blame it on themselves but i know a thing or two about the illness, i wish the majority of people did too. so i was just wondering what does everybody think of it. (i do not mean to offend anyone by this post. sorry if i do, this is for pure discussion and interest)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My grandmother has a kind of mental illness but doctors don't know what it is. It's kinda sad to see people in this condition but you have to give all support you can. A lot of people has prejudice or has no patience for them.

Some mental illnesses like Bipolar disorder has a lot of stages but I think it's an easy disease to control with meds, so people can live with no huge damage.

Unfortunately people who has amnesia, for instance, it's harder to control it, because it has to deal with neurons. So, yeah, it's complicated

My best friend has bi polar and genuinely don't look at her any different from anyone else, I think if you are a nice person then it will show anyway same with if you are a cunt, so if she is a cunt she will get called out (obvs she just has off days) and she doesn't act like one after, like any decent person.

I actually convinced her to go to the doctors to get it diagnosed. She is fine for the most part, she is gets bad when she drinks wine or whisky, just goes off and out of control like a different person, it look me an hour to walk her up a road that would have normally taken her 10 mins because she was so bad, I had to play her fav song to get her to walk but I looked at it more as a friend that had gotten super drunk and emo in the moment but it was clearly her bipolar disorder.

There is a lot of stigma from people clearly but I think people ignore the positive kind of stigma mental health brings like people who are overly nice, or pc or act like they know all about it when they don't have it. I never did that, I don't know what it is like, I just treat her like I would treat anyone else. Everybody has issues and some kind of health problem major or minor and it's different for anyone, same with mental health, people have different personalities so 2 people with the same mental illness with have different struggles and reactions to it.

I'm just there whenever she needs my help, it's all I can give.

• 2 weeks later...

My best friend has bi polar and genuinely don't look at her any different from anyone else, I think if you are a nice person then it will show anyway same with if you are a cunt, so if she is a cunt she will get called out (obvs she just has off days) and she doesn't act like one after, like any decent person.

I actually convinced her to go to the doctors to get it diagnosed. She is fine for the most part, she is gets bad when she drinks wine or whisky, just goes off and out of control like a different person, it look me an hour to walk her up a road that would have normally taken her 10 mins because she was so bad, I had to play her fav song to get her to walk but I looked at it more as a friend that had gotten super drunk and emo in the moment but it was clearly her bipolar disorder.

There is a lot of stigma from people clearly but I think people ignore the positive kind of stigma mental health brings like people who are overly nice, or pc or act like they know all about it when they don't have it. I never did that, I don't know what it is like, I just treat her like I would treat anyone else. Everybody has issues and some kind of health problem major or minor and it's different for anyone, same with mental health, people have different personalities so 2 people with the same mental illness with have different struggles and reactions to it.

I'm just there whenever she needs my help, it's all I can give.

thats really really sweet of u. thats the problem with people. when they hear mental illness, they instantly attach it to a person's character/ person they are. but it's not true. the illness has nothing to do with what kind of person u r. it will change u once in a while but if people know when that happens, it would b so nice to see people bbe more understanding of it. thanks for sharing ur story with us. u r such a good friend to her, i am sure appreciates it soo much

My grandmother has a kind of mental illness but doctors don't know what it is. It's kinda sad to see people in this condition but you have to give all support you can. A lot of people has prejudice or has no patience for them.

Some mental illnesses like Bipolar disorder has a lot of stages but I think it's an easy disease to control with meds, so people can live with no huge damage.

Unfortunately people who has amnesia, for instance, it's harder to control it, because it has to deal with neurons. So, yeah, it's complicated

aw im sorry to hear about ur grandma . what kind of symptoms does she have? if u'd like to share. and by amnesia, u mean like when a person loses memory cuz another 'person' takes over like in dissociative personality disorder?

aw im sorry to hear about ur grandma . what kind of symptoms does she have? if u'd like to share. and by amnesia, u mean like when a person loses memory cuz another 'person' takes over like in dissociative personality disorder?

Well, everything started when she was ran over by a motorcycle, since then somethin' happened to her brain which made her have a mix of parkinson and amnesia. I don't even know how to explain. But she's fine tho and I love her :)

I had a complete and utter meltdown to where I wasn't getting along with people. I had depression and I attempted suicide.

All because I was being controlled and was bullied all the time. :( So yeah...

awww that sucks. ive had meltdowns of my own. shaved my head once (like brit! lol but this before she did). those hard times sucked so bad

I am sympathetic towards those with mental illness except I have a bit of an issue with bipolar disorder. My stepmother is bipolar and schizophrenic and completely had it out for me. She would accuse me of crimes and actions that I did not do and tried to convince me and my dad that I was crazy and wanted to ship me off to the looney bin....all while I did not have the support of my father so I was all alone in this....not even the cops, school or social services wanted to help me. Looney bitch knew when to shut off her crazy button and act like the victim.....ugh. All this lead me to start self cutting and popping pills just to cope.....and a nice dose of PTSD years later.

Thankfully I survived.