Your Thoughts On The Paris Terrorist Act?

Guest blehh

I am hearing so many opinions on this subject. So I am wondering what ya'll smartass people think about this whole thing?

You know what I am talking about right? Two radical muslims killing the journalists who made fun of the prophet Muhammed.

I have an opinion on it all.

I think its primarily the fault of France and the magazine generally. These "journalists" provoked muslims and their prophet for about 5-6 years back. Based on my research, in Islam it's forbidden to give any kind of appearance to the Prophet. And muslims stick to it eagerly. Now yes, I do COMPLETELY AGREE, that these two radical muslims shouldn't have in any case actually killed the journalists who did it. However, most of the western world is very aware with what kind of people are they dealing with. Yes, they are dealing with radical muslims who are brainwashed to an extreme extent. And to be honest, this reaction is very well expected. Most of these people are uneducated, agressive, hysterical. So what would you be expecting to keep provoking them where it pains them the most? This is the result. Ofc once again, I dont support even ONE BIT on what they've done, killing a person just because he/she is provoking something you believe in is idiotic, delusional, and pure sickotic. However, provoking people who are agressive, brainwashed, uneducated, hysterical and insane, is a pretty idiotic move too.

What do you guys think about all of this? :thinkingpinky:

• Mad 1

I really don't like what you're saying, i don't know from what country you are from, but i'm from France and there is freedom of speech in France, and hell no it's not their fault or France either. Doing caricatures isn't a crime ffs, and it's not like they only did caricature of islam, they did caricature of all the other religions too, there is even more caricatures about the Pope.

I can't stand people that say "it's their fault" , what they did isn't a crime, they aren't stupid either they are fighting for freedom of speech, these people are aware they take risks by doing that but that's even why they do this and they will continue to do it !

Would you prefer people to be on their knees and be puppets of these awful terrorist people? Living on your knees, living in fear isn't a life. Stop doing what they do would be like saying amen to those terrorist, sorry.

Religion is the main problem anyway, if religions didn't exist, this and many wars wouldn't have happened.

• Like 2

Guest Zooey Deschanel

i dont support the violence

muslim people (those extremes or whatever they call themselves) should accept the fact violence is not an answer to anything

if i made a cartoon about someone, should that person kill me? No. sue me? sure but kill me. NO, because if everyone used that logic (violence as an answer to everything) we would all be dead, the whole planet.

-.-

i feel bad for the victims, RIP. :_(

i support the whole france right now,stay strong!

#jesuischarlie

I really don't like what you're saying, i don't know from what country you are from, but i'm from France and there is freedom of speech in France, and hell no it's not their fault or France either. Doing caricatures isn't a crime ffs, and it's not like they only did caricature of islam, they did caricature of all the other religions too, there is even more caricatures about the Pope.

I can't stand people that say "it's their fault" , what they did isn't a crime, they aren't stupid either they are fighting for freedom of speech, these people are aware they take risks by doing that but that's even why they do this and they will continue to do it !

Would you prefer people to be on their knees and be puppets of these awful terrorist people? Living on your knees, living in fear isn't a life. Stop doing what they do would be like saying amen to those terrorist, sorry.

Religion is the main problem anyway, if religions didn't exist, this and many wars wouldn't have happened.

:yeathatswhatsup:

People have the liberty to express themselves however they want. Mormons aren't strapping explosives onto missionaries who proselyte near Broadway just because there's a musical that pokes a lil fun at them for entertainment; same principle here. It is certainly not the fault of the French satirists in any way, shape, or form; this is the murder version of slut-shaming and rape-shaming.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the theme of "religion is awful and is the root of all evil" is equally disturbing and incorrect on so many levels, and is just making a scapegoat out of a much larger issue. There are significant periods of time where ultranationalism perpetuated these same ideals; y'all would've been the anarchists yelling that the concept of sovereign countries fosters all evils. Equalists have a looooooong way to go before their ideology becomes practical tbh; then again, most philosophical/religious/social/economic/political ideologies still have a ways to go in terms of development. A shame, since they all claim absolutism and infallibility and are thus resistant to change

200_s.gif

I don't support any kind of terrorism and it doesn't matter what the journalist did back then, since they're from France and they live in a democracy and in a secular state so they can talk about everything and any religion.

So the main problem is the religious extremism, they don't accept the fact that other country are talking about their religion.

The 2 terrorists who did the attack wednesday have been killed few hours ago. Another one (related to the terrorist attack) who did a shooting yesterday and killed a policewoman, and today did a hostage-taking and killed 4 of the hostages, has been killed too.

Good riddance. Can't believe there are still tons of people like that on Earth unfortunately.

The 2 terrorists who did the attack wednesday have been killed few hours ago. Another one (related to the terrorist attack) who did a shooting yesterday and killed a policewoman, and today did a hostage-taking and killed 4 of the hostages, has been killed too.

Good riddance. Can't believe there are still tons of people like that on Earth unfortunately.

Yes I agree with you completely, I am very sorry for whats happening to France and ofc its not the journalists fault, they didnt do any crime :tbh: ty for shaing your opinion with me so much :) you influenced me a lot and i pretty much think differently now, its definitely exclusively the fault of terrorists :tbh: (not that i thought differently in the first place) . Anyway stay strong <3 most of the arabs deserve to be deported tbh :sosad:

Yes I agree with you completely, I am very sorry for whats happening to France and ofc its not the journalists fault, they didnt do any crime :tbh: ty for shaing your opinion with me so much :) you influenced me a lot and i pretty much think differently now, its definitely exclusively the fault of terrorists :tbh: (not that i thought differently in the first place) . Anyway stay strong <3 most of the arabs deserve to be deported tbh :sosad:

Thank you for your answer :) Well, it wasn't my intention to influence you, you are free to think what you want even if i did not agree with what you said, but i'm glad if you can understand the situation better.

I believe that you didn't really know what Charlie Hebdo really was or what was the point of what they did etc.. So just by reading things on the internet you can't really be aware of what is really going on here and how it's really hurting people , because this attack wasn't meaningless. Not only people were killed, but it's also an infringement to France itself, the democracy, our freedom of speech. It's a big deal.