Beloved Mexican Comedian Roberto Gomez Bolanos Dies At 85

Archie

humor-chaves-7.jpg

Beloved Mexican actor and comedian Roberto Gomez Bolanos, best known for his role as “Chespirito,†has died, Televisa said Friday. He was 85.

Bolanos passed away at his home in Cancun, Mexico, according to the Spanish-language television network. He had lived in the coastal city, in the state of Quintana Roo, while battling health issues in recent years.

The cause of his death was not immediately announced.

On social media in May, the comedian spoke about his physical status. He said that although his condition was fragile, he was “tranquil†and “happy†with his family, CNN México reported.

In 2009, Bolanos’ health deteriorated after he underwent surgery and developed respiratory problems. It was then that he moved to Cancún, so that he would not have to use the oxygen tank he needed in Mexico City.

Bolanos was renowned for his signature character on the long-running TV series “El Chavo del Ocho,†in which he played a boy living in a neighborhood of Mexico City.

The first episode of the series, which brought the actor international recognition, aired in June 1971.

“The story of Chespirito is the story of Mexican television,†a CNN México reporter said.

Bolanos’ other well-known roles included El Chapulín Colorado, El Chanfle and Chompiras.

After the comedian’s death was announced Friday, fans took to social media in droves to express their sadness.

“I profoundly lament the death of Sir Roberto Gómez Bolaños, ‘Chespirito.’ My condolences to his family,†Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto said on Twitter. “Mexico has lost an icon whose work transcended generations and borders.â€

Another admirer tweeted that Bolanos “was our Robin Williams†and a “national folk hero†in his native country.

“My parents, I, and now my daughter grew watching his show,†Marco Mendoza said.

Source: http://ktla.com/2014/11/28/beloved-mexican-comedian-roberto-gomez-bolanos-who-played-chespirito-dies-at-85/

People from South America and Central America may know hiim better than people from other countries but he deserves all respect in the world, he was a genius of humor.

I'm so sad 9.gif

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic